666 posts in this topic

On 10/15/2021 at 9:28 PM, Me and her said:

Anyone receive their 24 month extension?  

I have not found many people (one or two) on here that have received one.

I have called the number and they dont know anything about when it will be sent out. 

We expire Nov 1 my husband has work travel Monday Nov 8  (so would need to go get stamp on Nov 5th or before) and requires a Drivers License.  

I called for an infopass appointment before the 30 day mark, was told call back at 30 days

I called back at 30 days, said they will call by Nov 4 which is too late. Asked for an emergency slot this week, said they would call back in 72 hours and they did not.

Will call again on Monday which will be within the 10 day mark (I read somewhere that is when they will give emergency appointments).

I just don't understand why all the hoops when they know we wont get the card by the 31st, its been stuck for ages in the same point.

I hope by miracle the letter just appears, but I am not holding my breath.

I just dont know why its so hard, 

if anyone else is having the same battle id love to talk via msg. OR if anyone had the same problem and overcame it to get an appointment feel free to msg me also.

Thank you!!!!

1 hour ago, CatherineinNC said:

I have called the number and they dont know anything about when it will be sent out. 

We expire Nov 1 my husband has work travel Monday Nov 8  (so would need to go get stamp on Nov 5th or before) and requires a Drivers License.  

I called for an infopass appointment before the 30 day mark, was told call back at 30 days

I called back at 30 days, said they will call by Nov 4 which is too late. Asked for an emergency slot this week, said they would call back in 72 hours and they did not.

Will call again on Monday which will be within the 10 day mark (I read somewhere that is when they will give emergency appointments).

I just don't understand why all the hoops when they know we wont get the card by the 31st, its been stuck for ages in the same point.

if anyone else is having the same battle id love to talk via msg. OR if anyone had the same problem and overcame it to get an appointment feel free to msg me also.

Thank you!!!!

I totally understand the needless hoops that we all have to jump through.   It is frustrating.   Deadlines come, go, and then extended.  Hopefully,  it will work out. I hope you get your appointment...  🤞

Hi, may I know what number did you call? Mine will be expired on November 24. Thank you

:goofy: K1 & K2 Journey:goofy:  

AOS Timeline

Packet sent: Febuary 13,2017

:goofy:Packet Received: Febuary 15,2017:goofy:

22 hours ago, CatherineinNC said:

Thank you!!!!

If you have a lawyer get them to call. I had a problem getting my 1st Adit stamp- they would not give me an appointment. Lawyer called and I got an appointment very quickly!

1 hour ago, Houstonapp said:

If you have a lawyer get them to call. I had a problem getting my 1st Adit stamp- they would not give me an appointment. Lawyer called and I got an appointment very quickly!

Thank you . We do not have one and I called one yesterday who wont take it on just for that.

I will try some more today because I also think we will do the Citizenship now and we will use a lawyer this time, its too stressful to go alone if you dont have to.

15 minutes ago, CatherineinNC said:

Thank you . We do not have one and I called one yesterday who wont take it on just for that.

I will try some more today because I also think we will do the Citizenship now and we will use a lawyer this time, its too stressful to go alone if you dont have to.

I'd file the N-400 asap because I filed my I-751 Dec 2018- have my interview today! I heard nothing about my I-751 until I filed my N-400. Could have filed it earlier but didn't until July 2021. I'm on my 2nd Adit stamp! The first stamp they flat out refused me an appointment until my lawyer called. The 2nd one I had no problem but it took 30ish days for them to call me back- unlike you, I had no need for one so not an issue. This process is harder than what you think it would be- I'm so glad I hired a lawyer! Good luck:-)

16 minutes ago, Houstonapp said:

I'd file the N-400 asap because I filed my I-751 Dec 2018- have my interview today! I heard nothing about my I-751 until I filed my N-400. Could have filed it earlier but didn't until July 2021. I'm on my 2nd Adit stamp! The first stamp they flat out refused me an appointment until my lawyer called. The 2nd one I had no problem but it took 30ish days for them to call me back- unlike you, I had no need for one so not an issue. This process is harder than what you think it would be- I'm so glad I hired a lawyer! Good luck:-)

Definitely we are working on the N-400 now ,  I just dont get the resistance when it is their fault we are in this situation.  I have called several attorneys but cant get help with this task even though i want to also get them to work on the N-400.  I guess my luck is just Bad Bad Bad at this time.

16 minutes ago, CatherineinNC said:

Definitely we are working on the N-400 now ,  I just dont get the resistance when it is their fault we are in this situation.  I have called several attorneys but cant get help with this task even though i want to also get them to work on the N-400.  I guess my luck is just Bad Bad Bad at this time.

I don't understand it either. It's not like they don't know that our extension ran out! They need to make this whole process easier- if they can't be bothered to get us interviewed in our extension timeframe then just automatically send us a new one. I'll be glad when this whole process is over! My lawyer had to shout at them to get me that stamp, not sure it would go down too well, if you tried it! Just keep bugging them- ask for a Tier 2 officer when you call. Sorry, that you are having a hard time with it.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Haiti
Timeline

Did my N400 interview (Philadelphia) based on 3yr marriage to US citizen. I went alone per the appointment letter. I brought tax returns, birth certificate, and marriage license. He only asked for current green card, unexpired passport and appointment letter. He did not take any other paper work.

Interviewer called me back about 20 minutes after my appointment time.  He made me swear to tell the truth. Immediately asked me the naturalization questions. Made me read a sentence. Made me write a sentence. After those were done we went through biographical and travel data from my application. 

Left with him saying he has to "review the full file" then I will get an official decision. Process took less than 15 mins. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

Hi all,

My case has been stuck at fingerprints since 05/13/2020 and my expiration letter is expiring in 60 days (12/25). My case is at the Potomac center, which, based on other filers' comments, seems to be particularly slow. I need to travel internationally for work from 12/06-01/09 so I called USCIS today to schedule an infopass appointment to get the stamp in my passport. The representative told me USCIS would call me back within 30 days to schedule the infopass appointment. My understanding is that they need to wait until the 30-day mark to schedule infopass appointments, but would it be 30 days from the expiration date or 30 days from the travel departure date? If it is 30 days from the expiration date, this will only give me 6 days to get the stamp before my international trip starts, which seems very tight. I have never dealt with this stamp in passport procedure before. How quickly can one obtain an infopass appointment? How long is the stamp valid? Any advice you can give on how I should proceed?

Thanks!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
On 10/20/2021 at 7:14 PM, Meno said:

@rmv_condi please update as soon as you hear something. My husband's interview is also in philadelphia and still has no update on his I-151 either.

2 minutes ago, MovingBack said:

Hi all,

My case has been stuck at fingerprints since 05/13/2020 and my expiration letter is expiring in 60 days (12/25). My case is at the Potomac center, which, based on other filers' comments, seems to be particularly slow. I need to travel internationally for work from 12/06-01/09 so I called USCIS today to schedule an infopass appointment to get the stamp in my passport. The representative told me USCIS would call me back within 30 days to schedule the infopass appointment. My understanding is that they need to wait until the 30-day mark to schedule infopass appointments, but would it be 30 days from the expiration date or 30 days from the travel departure date? If it is 30 days from the expiration date, this will only give me 6 days to get the stamp before my international trip starts, which seems very tight. I have never dealt with this stamp in passport procedure before. How quickly can one obtain an infopass appointment? How long is the stamp valid? Any advice you can give on how I should proceed?

Thanks!

I have the same date of fingerprints and same Center (Potomac). I called for an InfoPass appointment and got the same message about getting a call back within 30 days. My letter expired on 9/27. I called them  on 8/30 and was told I’d be called within 30 days. They called me back on 9/22 and told me my appointment would be on 9/30. I told them this was after my extension letter expired and they said there was no issue with that as far as they were concerned. So I went to my appointment and it was very easy. Just showed my green card and drivers licence. They didn’t even ask to see the extension letter although I had it with me (I even had my old passport which had my original k1 visa and entry stamp but they didn’t ask for anything else. Do make sure you take your green card and extension letter as I heard her asking someone else for that. The stamp is valid for 1 year. The appointment is at Baltimore which I would imagine is where yours will be too. 

oh and my appointment was at 8.30am and they say you can enter the building 15 minutes early. I did just that and was 3rd in line. Had I waited until 8.30 people were queuing out the door so I’m glad I was on time! 

so they will call you back, but the appointment may be scheduled for after your letter expires. As you need it for work related travel you may be able to get an emergency appointment, if the one they offer you is too late. But it sounds like you’ll just about fit it in. 

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Have been checking everyday and my wife’s status was finally updated today saying that her new card is being produced. Good timing, too, as we were going to try calling tomorrow, given that the extension letter expires in a month. It was the Potomac office. There hadn’t been any updates on the case since December when my step-daughter had her biometrics appointment. We’re excited and relieved to see that the new cards are being produced with how the extension letter expiration was approaching. Good luck to everyone else—hopefully things will start moving along for Potomac now. 🙂

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.