Millikkl

I-130 January 2020 Filers

352 posts in this topic

Anyone else still waiting? Visajourney is now saying that my case is outside of the normal processing time :( I'm at Potomac right now and the current receipt date is sometime in Oct 2019. I've already sent a inquiry and they replied saying they process in order the applications were received, which isn't true So many people who applied after me got approved a long time ago. I understand that maybe some cases are easier, but they shouldn't lie about why mine hasn't been touched. I would be more at ease if I knew exactly why it's taking longer. Is there anything else I can do now? The interview wait time at Montreal is already nearing a full year, I really need my i130 to be approved as soon as possible before it gets worse.

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
On 12/13/2020 at 9:28 PM, Dania A said:

Anyone else still waiting? Visajourney is now saying that my case is outside of the normal processing time :( I'm at Potomac right now and the current receipt date is sometime in Oct 2019. I've already sent a inquiry and they replied saying they process in order the applications were received, which isn't true So many people who applied after me got approved a long time ago. I understand that maybe some cases are easier, but they shouldn't lie about why mine hasn't been touched. I would be more at ease if I knew exactly why it's taking longer. Is there anything else I can do now? The interview wait time at Montreal is already nearing a full year, I really need my i130 to be approved as soon as possible before it gets worse.

I am in the same situation, received NOA1 on Jan 7th and absolutely no update after that. My wife is also canadian beneficiary so looks like we have more than a year ahead before this whole trivial ordeal is over.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Approved today!  

2020-Jan-15  : I-130 packet sent

2020-Jan-17  : I-130 packet received

2020-Jan-21  : NOA-1 (received text message)

2020-Jan-25  : NOA-1 (received US Mail) Assigned to Potomac Processing Center

2021-Jan-05  : NOA-2

2021-Jan-05  : Case sent to NVC

2021-Jan-08  : NVC Received Case

2021-Jan-25  : Paid IV and AOS fees

2021-Jan-30  : IV and AOS documents submitted

2021-Feb-22  : IV and AOS documents resubmitted

2021-Feb-22  : DQ (Documentarily Qualified) 

2021-Jul-16   : Received Interview Appointment Email from NVC

2021-Jul-27   : Medical exam completed in Brasilia

2021-Aug-10 : Biometrics completed in Rio de Janeiro 

2021-Aug-11 : Interview Appointment in Rio de Janeiro 

2021-Aug-18 : Visa delivered via Correios and paid final USCIS fee

2021-Aug-18 : Immigrated through Miami, FL

2021-Sep-3    : Received Social Security Card in the mail

2021-Dec-5    : Received Greencard in the mail

• 3 weeks later...
Just now, Blaise Kalubi said:

Hallo guys, I need help. I'm at NVC stage and I already paid the first fees, Which Affidavit of support do I need to fill out? 

Hey! If you only have one beneficiary and do not require a sponsor to reach the minimum annual income, you can fill out i864EZ. It's shorter than all the others and quite easy to fill out. I'm not sure about the other forms, if you don't meet the requirements for this, you should do some additional research about the others. 

1 minute ago, Dania A said:

Hey! If you only have one beneficiary and do not require a sponsor to reach the minimum annual income, you can fill out i864EZ. It's shorter than all the others and quite easy to fill out. I'm not sure about the other forms, if you don't meet the requirements for this, you should do some additional research about the others. 

Oh thanks, I'm only sponsoring my wife and no kids. I make about 48k plus a year, Do I still qualify for the I864ez? and yes I'll do more research as well

4 minutes ago, Blaise Kalubi said:

Oh thanks, I'm only sponsoring my wife and no kids. I make about 48k plus a year, Do I still qualify for the I864ez? and yes I'll do more research as well

You need to make 125% of the HHS poverty guidelines. For all states but Alaska/Hawaii and for a household size of just two (just you and your spouse), you need to make $21,550. So yes, you qualify! You can use EZ. 

5 minutes ago, Blaise Kalubi said:

Thanks so much,  on form I-864EZ for the part 2 information about my wife do I need to put my mailing address or my wife address who she is oversea ?

No problem!! I don't really remember to be honest, but check out the documents on this site (specifically, instructions for form, it gives you a step by step guide of what to write and submit) https://www.uscis.gov/i-846ez Hope you find your answer! Good luck :D

3 minutes ago, Blaise Kalubi said:

Hello, I have another question, Does it have to be n IRS transcript or just the tax return? 

Either. If you upload the tax return, you need to bring an original copy to the interview, along with your W2s (upload these as well). You can find this info in the same document I mentioned in the other comment! If you have more questions, refer to this:  https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/the-immigrant-visa-process/step-1-submit-a-petition/step-2-begin-nvc-processing.html

Really helped me completed everything!! 

Edited by Dania A

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.