coniefl

Help i864 for K2 after K1 already has Green Card

11 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Bolivia
Timeline

Here is the situation:

My wife came to the U.S. on a K1 Visa in 2016, we filed for a green card in 2018, which she now has. We did not file for her daughter at that time due to some indifferences with her(daughter) father. Her daughter is a K2 Visa holder who came to the US within 6 months of my wife's arrival in 2016. 

How do I now file form i864 for her daughter's green card?

I am not sure if I should fill out the form as if I was sponsering both at the same time and put my wife' s  information in Part 2 and list her daughter in Part 3 being that I've already filed an i864 for my wife when applying for her green card. 

Also I'm assuming I would check box 3.2 is that correct?

Service Center : Texas Service Center

Consulate : Bolivia

I-129F Sent : 2014-08-08

I-129F NOA1 : 2014-08-14

I-129F NOA2 : 2015-02-20

I-129F NOA2 hard copy recieved: 2015-03-02

USCIS to NVC: 2015-03-02

NVC Received : 2015-03-10

NVC Left : 2015-03-31

Consulate Received : 2015-04-06

Packet 4 Received : 2015-04-09

Interview Date : 2015-04-30

2nd Interview Date : 2015-05-04

Interview Result :

Visa Received :

Estimates/Stats : Your I-129f was approved in 190 days from your NOA1 date.[/b][/color]

44 minutes ago, coniefl said:

Here is the situation:

My wife came to the U.S. on a K1 Visa in 2016, we filed for a green card in 2018, which she now has. We did not file for her daughter at that time due to some indifferences with her(daughter) father. Her daughter is a K2 Visa holder who came to the US within 6 months of my wife's arrival in 2016. 

I am not sure if I should fill out the form as if I was sponsering both at the same time and put my wife' s  information in Part 2 and list her daughter in Part 3 being that I've already filed an i864 for my wife when applying for her green card. 

The daughter has been here since 2016 without adjusting status?

1 hour ago, coniefl said:

Here is the situation:

The child will be listed on the I-864 for the K-1 parent where it asks in Part 3. Provide a copy of that I-864 with the child's I-485

duh

11 minutes ago, Donald120383 said:

The child will be listed on the I-864 for the K-1 parent where it asks in Part 3. Provide a copy of that I-864 with the child's I-485

And your spouse will be listed in Qu 6 as someone else you have previously sponsored.

Qu 3 will be blank and you will explain why it's blank in the additional info section like:

"I cannot count my wife twice so I input her in Qu 6 as someone i previously sponsored".

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

So it seems.

1 hour ago, Jorgedig said:

The daughter has been here since 2016 without adjusting status?

So it seems.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline

Thanks for the answers.

Yes the daughter has been here since 2016 without adjustment of status and for those of you who need to know why is because my wife was originally going to come here with her two children one of which is a US Citizen, her ex husband was going to be left behind with no one. We ran into some complications getting my wife's Visa , so the ex husband decided to apply for a Visa and take the 2 children here leaving my wife behind with no one, he is a spiteful SOB. We were able to overcome the complications with a waiver, so now they both, the wife and ex, have visas to come here. My wife came first and in the best interest of the children they stayed with the father so they could finish the last 3 months of school and complete that grade level. When the father came with the daughter she was supposed to come and stay with the wife and myself. He used the K2 Visa to get her here. When she got here the father at first refused to let the mother see the daughter. That slowly changed and he let her see the daughter after time. Therefore I refused to put myself on the line for 10 years by not including the daughter on the i864 the first time. The father is shady and spiteful, I don't trust him. He is so spiteful that the children both graduated high school in the US and having 8 tickets to the graduation wouldn't give the mother a ticket to see them graduate. We went anyway and got her in with no ticket. Anyway the daughter has since turned 18 and now it's time for her AOS

Interview Result :

Visa Received :

Estimates/Stats : Your I-129f was approved in 190 days from your NOA1 date.[/b][/color]

Timeline
20 hours ago, K1visaHopeful said:

And your spouse will be listed in Qu 6 as someone else you have previously sponsored.

Qu 3 will be blank and you will explain why it's blank in the additional info section like:

"I cannot count my wife twice so I input her in Qu 6 as someone i previously sponsored".

The child was never listed on the original i864 for the K1, I am trying to fill out an additional i864 for the child. Do I put her information in Qu2, leave Qu3 blank and list wife in Qu6 with explanation?

Do I use my wife's A# in Qu2?

Interview Result :

Visa Received :

Timeline
27 minutes ago, little immigrant said:

Under what visa did the father come here? 

I am not sure as we really don't talk to him. But I believe he got a permenant residency card before he came to the US, he has a 24 year old US citizen son who sponsered him. 

I sent you a PM with additional comments.

Edited by coniefl

Interview Result :

Visa Received :

3 hours ago, coniefl said:

The child was never listed on the original i864 for the K1,

Was the child follow to join and not in the US yet when you filed the K1s AOS? If so, they would not appear in the household size, only listed as a dependent of the K1.

I am trying to fill out an additional i864 for the child. Do I put her information in Qu2, leave Qu3 blank and list wife in Qu6 with explanation?

For the household size section? Is it just you three in the household? If so:

The child is Qu 1.

The sponsor is Qu 2.

3 is blank.

4, 5 is zero unless they apply.

6 is your wife ie. The K1 you have previously sponsored on a separate I864 and then explain in the additional info as I described before.

Do I use my wife's A# in Qu2? 

Huh? Alien number in what Qu 2? The alien number for your K1 belongs to your K1 and does not refer to your K2. If it asks for your K1s Alien number then input it but I'm not understanding where you are referring to.

Timeline
22 hours ago, K1visaHopeful said:

Yhanks again for your help, I am very appreciative..

Was the child follow to join and not in the US yet when you filed the K1s AOS? If so, they would not appear in the household size, only listed as a dependent of the K1.

No. The child was follow to join but was in the US when I filed the K1's AOS. The child did not live with the K1 and myself, therefore she was not a dependent, and was not included for reasons found in the lengthy post by me in this thread.  Therefore she was not included in the household size.

The child is Qu 1.

The sponsor is Qu 2.

3 is blank.

4, 5 is zero unless they apply.

6 is your wife ie. The K1 you have previously sponsored on a separate I864 and then explain in the additional info as I described before.

I believe we are looking at different forms or different version of the forms because the sections do not seem to match the suggestions. I am filling out I-864 OMB No. 1615-Expires 03/31/2020. 

The parts of the form  that I have:

Part 1. Basis For Filing Affidavit of Support 

this section is asking about me the sponsor and who/why I am filing. There is no place to put the K2 child information here.

Part 2. Information About the Principal Immigrant

No place to put sponsor information here.  But I am not sure if I put my wife's info here, she is the Principle Immigrant as all USCIS information and identifying numbers are directed at her, but since I already filed an I-864 for her I am not sure what to do.

Part 3. Information About the Immigrant You are Sponsoring.

I am thinking this is where the child's information goes, depending on what I do for Part 2, as question P3.1 has these options.

1. I am sponsoring the principle immigrant named in Part 2.   Yes or No

(Applicable only if you are sponsoring family members in Part 3, as the second joint sponsor OR if you are sponsoring family members who are immigrating more than six months after the principle immigrant.)

2. I am sponsoring the following family members immigrating at the same time or within six months of the principle immigrant named in Part 2. (Do not include any relative listed on a saperate visa petition.)

3. I am sponsoring the following family members who are immigrating more than six months after the principle immigrant.

If this is where I put the child's information I believe I should select option 2 as the .K2 daughter arrived 3 months after her K1 mother.  even though I am filing AOS about 1.5 years after the mother. Initially they filed together when the whole K1 visa was started, we applied for both K1 and K2 at the same time.

IF I can understand what to do for the above the rest of the form I can handle.

Please provide any thoughts or instructions on what to do.

Thanks again

Conie

Interview Result :

Visa Received :

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.