wifidolly

Has anyone gotten interview date from Dakar, Senegal?

589 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Gambia
Timeline
1 minute ago, sunatim said:

Good afternoon,

Thank you very much. Please contact one of the approved physicians (you may need to reach out to the physicians in Senegal) to do your medical exam. Once you receive your results, please let us know and we can schedule an interview with you.

Best wishes,

Embassy of the United States of America

Dakar, Senegal

the embassy have asked me to do my medicals in order to get my interview date.

Did you expedite? Also did they just send you that or did you ask them if you could do your medical exam? 

Timeline
6 minutes ago, Teemasss said:

Did you expedite? Also did they just send you that or did you ask them if you could do your medical exam? 

no i just send them an email last week  telling them my appointment got cancelled for April 16 and they replied and asked some questions  which i posted last week. i told them i have everything except the medicals

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Senegal
Timeline

We were waiting for the appointment from NVc since April after they received all the documentations. Should we email the embassy and ask for an appointment ? At this point, do we just wait knowing that the applicant is pregnant. 

Timeline
Just now, jacobson00 said:

We were waiting for the appointment from NVc since April after they received all the documentations. Should we email the embassy and ask for an appointment ? At this point, do we just wait knowing that the applicant is pregnant. 

You might want to consider sending an expedite request because of the applicant being pregnant. 

Timeline
36 minutes ago, Teemasss said:

You might want to consider sending an expedite request because of the applicant being pregnant. 

To whom ? The ambassy or nvc? I once heard they don’t consider pregnancy to expediate  cases

Timeline
1 hour ago, jacobson00 said:

To whom ? The ambassy or nvc? I once heard they don’t consider pregnancy to expediate  cases

It would be to the embassy. You can just try

Just now, Teemasss said:

It would be to the embassy. You can just try

I’m sorry. To NVC I mean. Not the embassy 

Timeline

Wow, it turns out you need now to show medical insurance. It seems to be a new trump law. I really hope he gets voted out

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
1 minute ago, jacobson00 said:

Wow, it turns out you need now to show medical insurance. It seems to be a new trump law. I really hope he gets voted out

Did the Embassy ask for it?

Timeline
4 hours ago, jacobson00 said:

No just a lawyer telling us to prepare for it. They may or may bot ask for it

Most employers can give you a letter as evidence that once the immigrant get his social security,  he is eligible.  Well my employer is willing to give me such letter. Our HR did said immigrants coming in will be a qualifying event. 

Otherwise you can buy 12months private insurance. 

Is better to stay ready then to get ready.

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

From the monthly report. (DAKAR EMBASSY). I don't kno2 how they scheduling interviews, but it's certain that from July to Sept they have been issuing limited Visa. 

Screenshot_20201024-195713_Drive.jpg

48 minutes ago, Ras Ous said:

From the monthly report. (DAKAR EMBASSY). I don't kno2 how they scheduling interviews, but it's certain that from July to Sept they have been issuing limited Visa. 

Yeah there were even two K1 visas issued in September. There were also two K2 visas, so maybe they were both expedited based on a child aging out... Still, it's kind of like progress...

• 2 weeks later...

"As of November 16, 2020, the United States Embassy in Senegal is resuming certain routine immigrant and nonimmigrant visa services, to include: F1, M1, and J1 visa classes not subject to Presidential Proclamation 10052, E, I, O, P , K1 fiancé, certain immigrant visa classes not subject to Presidential Proclamation 10014, and I-131A Lawful Permanent Resident Boarding Foils for lost/stolen/mutilated cards. Interviews for all other visa categories, including B1/B2, remain suspended. "

https://sn.usembassy.gov/visas/immigrant-visas/

Timeline
2 minutes ago, green_rabbit said:

"As of November 16, 2020, the United States Embassy in Senegal is resuming certain routine immigrant and nonimmigrant visa services, to include: F1, M1, and J1 visa classes not subject to Presidential Proclamation 10052, E, I, O, P , K1 fiancé, certain immigrant visa classes not subject to Presidential Proclamation 10014, and I-131A Lawful Permanent Resident Boarding Foils for lost/stolen/mutilated cards. Interviews for all other visa categories, including B1/B2, remain suspended. "

https://sn.usembassy.gov/visas/immigrant-visas/

Omg! This is the best news ever!!!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.