wifidolly

Has anyone gotten interview date from Dakar, Senegal?

589 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Gambia
Timeline
5 hours ago, Teemasss said:
14 hours ago, sunatim said:

Dear Applicant,

In response to significant worldwide challenges related to the COVID-19 pandemic, the Department of State has temporarily suspended routine visa services at all U.S. Embassies and Consulates.The Embassy in Dakar has canceled all routine immigrant and nonimmigrant visa appointments through August, 2020, but will continue to provide emergency and mission-critical visa services as resources and local conditions allow. We will resume routine visa services as soon as possible but are unable to provide a specific date at this time. Please see these notices which contain detailed information about the current status of visa services worldwide and visa restrictions related to the COVID-19 global pandemic: https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/traveladvisories/ea/covid-19-visa-services-and-restrictions.html

Please keep checking latest information also on the official US visa appointment scheduling website, usvisa-info.com
Thank you.

Got this email email today but may appointment has not yet been canceled on the website.

When is your appointment if I may ask? Keep us posted on whether they cancel it or not please. Thanks

my appointment got canceled

Timeline
50 minutes ago, reashamoriba said:

My appointment has been cancelled.  I was able to reschedule for September.

Let’s pray they keep the September ones 🙏🏾

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Any K1’s scheduled in Dakar?

DCF China

07/15/2018: Married

10/22/2018: Filed I-130 @ Guangzhou Embassy

11/06/2018: Received Emailed Notice of Additional Processing Requirements and Interview from the embassy 

11/27/2018: Received Mailed Notice of Additional Processing Requirements and Interview from the embassy 

11/28/2018: Interview at the Embassy

12/15/2018: We were informed by letter from the embassy that based on how we got married, that we were not legally married technically and therefore could not file an I-130, unless we could provide evidence showing that our marriage license would be recognized by the issue authority (the Court).

Jan-July 2019: Attempted unsuccessfully to get married in 5 other countries; my fiancé's tourist visa application was continuously denied which left us with only the K1 option

K1 Visa

08/28/2019: Filed I-129F K1

09/04/2019: NOA1 Received

3 minutes ago, OliverBa said:

Any K1’s scheduled in Dakar?

I signed up for an interview for Sept 17 but I'm not too optimistic. The land borders didn't open for Tabaski, and I doubt the embassy would open immediately after the borders anyway. I also suspect it'll be just spousal visas to start, like in most other countries. But I was able to register and I will not be surprised when it gets cancelled again.

How's China looking?

Timeline
1 minute ago, green_rabbit said:

I signed up for an interview for Sept 17 but I'm not too optimistic. The land borders didn't open for Tabaski, and I doubt the embassy would open immediately after the borders anyway. I also suspect it'll be just spousal visas to start, like in most other countries. But I was able to register and I will not be surprised when it gets cancelled again.

How's China looking?

Their covid cases have been going down these past couple of days too but because the land borders are still closed, I’m not too optimistic that they’ll reopen. 

Timeline
18 minutes ago, green_rabbit said:

How's China looking?

We’ve given up on China. My fiancé is still there but we are waiting for the embassy in Dakar to reopen, then he’ll fly back there do his interview. The embassies in China are only doing spousal interviews..they’ve been opened to spousal interviews since early July. Taiwan is the only place I know doing K1 interviews right now. Until the travel ban is lifted against China, which won’t be until we get a new president, K1s won’t get interviews in China. Maybe I can try to schedule an appointment in Dakar also? 

Edited by OliverBa

DCF China

11/06/2018: Received Emailed Notice of Additional Processing Requirements and Interview from the embassy 

11/27/2018: Received Mailed Notice of Additional Processing Requirements and Interview from the embassy 

12/15/2018: We were informed by letter from the embassy that based on how we got married, that we were not legally married technically and therefore could not file an I-130, unless we could provide evidence showing that our marriage license would be recognized by the issue authority (the Court).

Jan-July 2019: Attempted unsuccessfully to get married in 5 other countries; my fiancé's tourist visa application was continuously denied which left us with only the K1 option

K1 Visa

1 minute ago, OliverBa said:

We’ve given up on China. My fiancé is still there but we are waiting for the embassy in Dakar to reopen, then he’ll fly back there do his interview. The embassies in China are only doing spousal interviews...until the travel ban is lifted which won’t be until we get a new president. Maybe I can try to schedule an appointment in Dakar also? 

Yeah might as well get in line! 😄 

Man that's tough though. At least for the time being Sénégal doesn't have a travel ban in either direction.

Timeline
24 minutes ago, green_rabbit said:

Yeah might as well get in line! 😄 

Man that's tough though. At least for the time being Sénégal doesn't have a travel ban in either direction.

Haha right. So I need to fill out the DS-160 and then created an account on ais for Senegal and then schedule the appointment? It’s a different procedure for China so i’m not sure. I think I’ll just schedule an appointment for like October for November just to be safe haha

DCF China

K1 Visa

Just now, OliverBa said:

Haha right. So I need to fill out the DS-160 and then created an account on ais for Senegal and then schedule the appointment? It’s a different procedure for China so i’m not sure. I think I’ll just schedule an appointment for like October for November just to be safe haha

Yeah should be, but you have to pay the fee at ecobank before you can schedule. Unless there's some kind of waiver since you probably paid in China.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Teemasss said:

Hello guys,

Any news from the embassy yet for those that were able to schedule for September? 

No word yet, and the interview still stands on the registration page. But I'm just waiting for a cancellation...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.