8 posts in this topic

Hi! We just got our interview date for my AOS. The mail indicates to bring evidences and so I was wondering if I should also bring the similar copy of the packet I sent for my AOS application?

Also, I wasn't able to do my medical examination and so if I have it within this week, would it arrive before my interview?

Thank you for your response!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

similar to the package but add new stuff.

when is your interview? we adjusted directly, so little different than you, but we had to go to the doc 2 x ( a week apart) then they mailed the stuff back to us (add another couple of days). we could have picked up in office but it was almost 2 hours away and we were not in a rush.

i 485, 130, EAD and AP

04/09/2019    NOA1 received/check cashed i 485 and 130 (direct adjustment)

11/7/2019      Interview- Norfolk

11/10/2019    APPROVED (notification rec'd 11/10, approval dated 11/8)

DONE FOR TWO YEARS!!! ;)

Filed everything ourselves with no RFE's or delays.

CR1 for Child under 21 (20 at time of filing)- Filed by LPR Spouse for his son

4/4/20     Mailed packet

4/12/20   NOA1 rec'd

10/14/21 (havent heard anything... when do i start to get worried?)

9/15/22 APPROVED! Now to wait for NVC and interview....

ROC

10/14/21 Mailed to AZ PO Box. Let the waiting begin. Again.

10/16/21 Received at PO Box

10/19/21 Received Text NOA1

10/23/21 Received Mailed NOA1

1 hour ago, Mrs Thor said:

Hi! We just got our interview date for my AOS. The mail indicates to bring evidences and so I was wondering if I should also bring the similar copy of the packet I sent for my AOS application?  Yes, just in case. Our notice also indicated to bring original copies of some of the documents.

Also, I wasn't able to do my medical examination and so if I have it within this week, would it arrive before my interview?  You should with the clinic/doctor. 

Thank you for your response!

19 hours ago, debbiedoo said:

similar to the package but add new stuff.

when is your interview? we adjusted directly, so little different than you, but we had to go to the doc 2 x ( a week apart) then they mailed the stuff back to us (add another couple of days). we could have picked up in office but it was almost 2 hours away and we were not in a rush.

i was wondering if i have to still include our i485, i130, i1864, i765, and i131 copies that we sumbitted including the evidences and the entire packet? Cause I have to print all of these forms again and it would make the package very very thick.

my interview would be this February 5. thanks for your response!

19 hours ago, Alexa13 said:

thank you!

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Moved from IR-1/CR-1 Progress Reports to Adjustment of Status from Work, Student, & Tourist Visas forum.

Our journey:

Spoiler

September 2007: Met online via social networking site (MySpace); began exchanging messages.
March 26, 2009: We become a couple!
September 10, 2009: Arrived for first meeting in-person!
June 17, 2010: Arrived for second in-person meeting and start of travel together to other areas of China!
June 21, 2010: Engaged!!!
September 1, 2010: Switched course from K1 to CR-1
December 8, 2010: Wedding date set; it will be on February 18, 2011!
February 9, 2011: Depart for China
February 11, 2011: Registered for marriage in Wuhan, officially married!!!
February 18, 2011: Wedding ceremony in Shiyan!!!
April 22, 2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
April 28, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date April 25th)
April 29, 2011: Updated
May 3, 2011: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail
July 26, 2011: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!
July 30, 2011: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail
August 8, 2011: NVC received file
September 1, 2011: NVC case number assigned
September 2, 2011: AOS invoice received, OPTIN email for EP sent
September 7, 2011: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 9, 2011)
September 8, 2011: OPTIN email accepted, GZO number assigned
September 10, 2011: Emailed AOS package
September 12, 2011: IV bill invoiced
September 13, 2011: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 14, 2011)
September 14, 2011: Emailed IV package
October 3, 2011: Emailed checklist response (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
October 6, 2011: Case complete at NVC
November 10, 2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!
December 7, 2011: POE - Sea-Tac Airport

September 17, 2013: Mailed I-751 to CSC

September 23, 2013: Received NOA1 in mail (receipt date September 19th)

October 16, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

January 28, 2014: Production of new Green Card ordered

February 3, 2014: New Green Card received; done with USCIS until fall of 2023*

December 18, 2023:  Filed I-90 to renew Green Card

December 21, 2023:  Production of new Green Card ordered - will be seeing USCIS again every 10 years for renewal

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline

You do not need to take the completed forms, but it would be a very good idea to go through them again, and carefully note what has changed as the IO will update the form at the interview.

You should take all the evidence you submitted with the forms, including new evidence since the date of submission.

Had our interview today. I brought a copy of the entire package plus updated evidence. The officer didn’t ask for any of it. She had a copy of the entire package in front of her and just leafed through it and asked us to confirm certain information she chose from the I130 and I485 (confirm birthdates, SSS, previous addresses, previous employers, yes/no questions regarding criminal history). At the end she just asked a few questions like how we met and if we had a big wedding or not. Our case is pretty straightforward though and she commented about how clean and correctly filled out the forms were so she didn’t need to make any corrections. She didn’t ask for additional evidence and we were approved on the spot. At the end of the day, it just depends on what kind of officer you get. Some will ask for more evidence, others will focus more on personal aspects of your relationship. Some are just focused on specific details of your application which might be questionable.

1 hour ago, jaxgeek2018 said:

Had our interview today. I brought a copy of the entire package plus updated evidence. The officer didn’t ask for any of it. She had a copy of the entire package in front of her and just leafed through it and asked us to confirm certain information she chose from the I130 and I485 (confirm birthdates, SSS, previous addresses, previous employers, yes/no questions regarding criminal history). At the end she just asked a few questions like how we met and if we had a big wedding or not. Our case is pretty straightforward though and she commented about how clean and correctly filled out the forms were so she didn’t need to make any corrections. She didn’t ask for additional evidence and we were approved on the spot. At the end of the day, it just depends on what kind of officer you get. Some will ask for more evidence, others will focus more on personal aspects of your relationship. Some are just focused on specific details of your application which might be questionable.

Thank you so much for this! I will definitely bring the same packets I sent to them and bring other updated evidences. Thanks!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.