princesseve

Expedite under 319(b) rules

11 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Hello everyone...

I would like to file N400 (under 319(b) rule) so I have tried to read everyone's case but still confuse...so I have some questions to ask you guys 

Im stationed in Germany with my husband right now (we will be at least 4 years) so I think my situation can be applied in 319(b) rule..

However my questions are

- I have 2 years GC (just got it since 31 Oct 2019) Do I need to do file I-751 before filling N400? Intentionally,I wanna file N400 within this month (Jan 2020)

- I am a bit confused about "Name change" in N400 form...since I would prefer to change my first name but Im not sure I can do it or not...some of them said it depends on USCIS office ...so how can I know which office can do or not...besides someone said...if you want to change your name it may effect to your processing time like it might take a bit longer in name change process...

- Would it be possible that after interview and take a test then I can do oath ceremony or maybe just like 1 or 2 days after that 

I would appreciate if anyone can give me an answer...

Thank you in advance 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Under INA 319B you can apply anytime. The years of marriage does not apply to 319B. My wife applied for hers literally a week after she got her green card because we were going overseas to Japan. We will be headed back to the states this month for her naturalization interview. Private message us if you need any assistance at all. 

On 1/10/2020 at 5:04 PM, SS&AM said:

Under INA 319B you can apply anytime. The years of marriage does not apply to 319B. My wife applied for hers literally a week after she got her green card because we were going overseas to Japan. We will be headed back to the states this month for her naturalization interview. Private message us if you need any assistance at all. 

How you are doing brother???? 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Italy
Timeline
Just now, SS&AM said:

I just found this out now..GC expires on September this year so I'll go ahead and apply for Naturalization and skip the Remove of Conditions process. We are stationed in Japan too.

What did you send immigration?

orders, dependent letter of approval, sofa stamp?  also for the interview, the both of you have to be present?

Lastly, did you send pictures and fingerprints along with petition, how does it work if filling online?

I'm sorry for bombarding you with questions, but I'm just excited that I finally found some good information for us military spouses!

MY JOURNEY INTO GETTING A FIRST-TIME GREEN CARD, RENEWING A GREEN CARD, AND OBTAINING U.S. CITIZENSHIP:

I-130: https://vsjourneyss.wordpress.com/2020/08/23/my-spouse-visa-process-and-timeline-ir1-cr1/ From Colombia 🇨🇴

I-751: https://vsjourneyss.wordpress.com/2020/09/12/i-751-joint-petition-to-remove-conditions-on-residence/From Japan 🇯🇵 (Military spouse overseas)

N-400: https://vsjourneyss.wordpress.com/2022/08/03/3430/ From Japan 🇯🇵 

BLOG:  https://vsjourneyss.wordpress.com/inmigr/   

Timeline
On 1/15/2020 at 11:10 AM, Cyberfx1024 said:

How you are doing brother???? 

I’ve been doing amazing man. We are finally at the finish line for my wife’s immigration journey. Hope all is well with you. 

Timeline
On 1/15/2020 at 1:35 PM, valentinasc said:

I just found this out now..GC expires on September this year so I'll go ahead and apply for Naturalization and skip the Remove of Conditions process. We are stationed in Japan too.

What did you send immigration?

orders, dependent letter of approval, sofa stamp?  also for the interview, the both of you have to be present?

Lastly, did you send pictures and fingerprints along with petition, how does it work if filling online?

I'm sorry for bombarding you with questions, but I'm just excited that I finally found some good information for us military spouses!

Yes a copy of my PCS orders with my wife listed as a dependent. A letter requesting expedite reasons due to my wife having a hard time getting employment due to not being a US citizen. We got her fingerprints done on base and attached that with our online application. We sent pictures, bank statements of joint account, etc. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Italy
Timeline
1 hour ago, SS&AM said:

Yes a copy of my PCS orders with my wife listed as a dependent. A letter requesting expedite reasons due to my wife having a hard time getting employment due to not being a US citizen. We got her fingerprints done on base and attached that with our online application. We sent pictures, bank statements of joint account, etc. 

I see .. we are already in japan since 4 months ago and in September I should remove conditions on my GC but I don’t know if we can expedite naturalization. I have a job at the base we’re stationed at and my husband is on shore duty. I wouldn’t want to spend money on an N-400 and get a rejection and then being told I need to remove conditions 

MY JOURNEY INTO GETTING A FIRST-TIME GREEN CARD, RENEWING A GREEN CARD, AND OBTAINING U.S. CITIZENSHIP:

I-130: https://vsjourneyss.wordpress.com/2020/08/23/my-spouse-visa-process-and-timeline-ir1-cr1/ From Colombia 🇨🇴

I-751: https://vsjourneyss.wordpress.com/2020/09/12/i-751-joint-petition-to-remove-conditions-on-residence/From Japan 🇯🇵 (Military spouse overseas)

N-400: https://vsjourneyss.wordpress.com/2022/08/03/3430/ From Japan 🇯🇵 

BLOG:  https://vsjourneyss.wordpress.com/inmigr/   

Timeline
1 hour ago, valentinasc said:

I see .. we are already in japan since 4 months ago and in September I should remove conditions on my GC but I don’t know if we can expedite naturalization. I have a job at the base we’re stationed at and my husband is on shore duty. I wouldn’t want to spend money on an N-400 and get a rejection and then being told I need to remove conditions 

I’m not familiar with the removal of conditions because we are filing over a year in advance before her green card residency expires. Applying under 319B already is pretty much expediting

• 1 year later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
On 1/16/2020 at 4:49 AM, SS&AM said:

Hey @SS&AM! I just read your comment and it is really helpful. Would you mind if I send you a few questions via pm? My husband is in officer school and has no time to help me out with my immigration process, so I am really grateful for any help. Basically wondering, where you have to go on Base, and how you submitted your package/ how to submit the orders and mentioned documents. Thank you very much in advance! 

Timeline
On 3/30/2021 at 9:58 AM, Leah88 said:

Hey @SS&AM! I just read your comment and it is really helpful. Would you mind if I send you a few questions via pm? My husband is in officer school and has no time to help me out with my immigration process, so I am really grateful for any help. Basically wondering, where you have to go on Base, and how you submitted your package/ how to submit the orders and mentioned documents. Thank you very much in advance! 

Yes, shoot me a message. Happy to help

• 2 years later...
Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline
On 1/16/2020 at 1:49 AM, SS&AM said:

Hi! On your PCS orders, did it say if accompanied or unaccompanied? My name is on my husband's orders as a dependent but it also states "unaccompanied". I was told that we need command sponsorship to amend the orders, and then I can send that to USCIS. But command sponsorship takes forever and it might get denied. Can I submit his orders as it is?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.