Beatriz & Charles

Doubts visa K1 - Brazil

12 posts in this topic

Hello, happy new year guys! I have a question and would like to know the experience of other people and if anyone also sent in the same period as me. My fiance and I started the K1 visa process in September / 2019, my fiance received the letter I-129 F NOA1 on September 19, we are still awaiting approval of NOA2, we consulted our lawyer and she said the application could be approved in February or later in April, and once approved, USCIS will be transferred to the National Visa Center. We received a very large estimate of waiting (October 2020) for my entry into the United States. How is your time? We are completing a year without being together, and my fiance cannot always see me in Brazil, because he studies and works. We are very anxious and this news has made us very distressed.

Edited by Beatriz & Charles

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
42 minutes ago, Beatriz & Charles said:

Hello, happy new year guys! I have a question and would like to know the experience of other people and if anyone also sent in the same period as me. My fiance and I started the K1 visa process in September / 2019, my fiance received the letter I-129 F NOA1 on September 19, we are still awaiting approval of NOA2, we consulted our lawyer and she said the application could be approved in February or later in April, and once approved, USCIS will be transferred to the National Visa Center. We received a very large estimate of waiting (October 2020) for my entry into the United States. How is your time? We are completing a year without being together, and my fiance cannot always see me in Brazil, because he studies and works. We are very anxious and this news has made us very distressed.

Where did you get that estimate of October 2020?

It is a rough estimate and it's difficult not to compare your application to other timelines. Remember than each case is different. 

That being said, you can compare your timeline to others on this site. You can even separate by country. I did a relatively quick search and it looks applicants from September are just starting to receive NOA2. Hopefully you will hear something soon. 

Oi de um capixaba pra um outra!! Vi sua foto. 

We just submitted our AOS from k1. Private message me if you'd like. 

E&J 

1 hour ago, Emw2290 said:

It is a rough estimate and it's difficult not to compare your application to other timelines. Remember than each case is different. 

That being said, you can compare your timeline to others on this site. You can even separate by country. I did a relatively quick search and it looks applicants from September are just starting to receive NOA2. Hopefully you will hear something soon. 

Oi de um capixaba pra um outra!! Vi sua foto. 

We just submitted our AOS from k1. Private message me if you'd like. 

E&J 

Thank you very much for the information! 

Oi capixaba! Happy to find one around here! hahaha

Edited by Beatriz & Charles

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
13 hours ago, Beatriz & Charles said:

It was the estimate our lawyer gave us.

Another example of lawyers' lack of knowledge on US immigration processes and timelines.  K-1 petitions and visas are not taking that long in most cases.  If your case is normal you do not need a lawyer and your petition should be approved very soon, then you'll proceed through NVC to the US Consulate in Rio for the final stage of the process.  Good luck!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
18 hours ago, Beatriz & Charles said:

Did you get a REF? We started my K-1 Visa process in August 2019 and I receive my NOA2 in November 2019, but remember each case is diferrent from another and you still are in the normal time,to some peoples it takes 2 months for others 3 months,5 months,7 months,etc...as i said each case is diferent to another,you can follow my timeline if you want and we can talk about our process fell free to contact me ;) if you want send me a private message in portuguese and we can talk better :) .

Edited by Michella&Lucio

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Cambodia
Timeline

It will depend in large part on how long it takes to get an interview at the embassy in Brazil once you are ready to be scheduled. Some embassies have a two month wait for an interview, at other embassies it is only 2-3 weeks.  

But my guess, and this is just a guess, is that you should get the visa by the end of June unless there is an unusual delay.

On 1/2/2020 at 8:03 PM, Beatriz & Charles said:

You can follow the progress of your application by entering the NOA1 receipt number at this USCIS website https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/landing.do

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.