Islandgirl93

October 2019 filers with AOS interviews

31 posts in this topic

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/9/2019 at 8:24 PM, Islandgirl93 said:

Any October filers here with interview scheduled?? 

I got a new status today.  Its says, interview ready to be scheduled. I sent my EAD and AOS along with my I639 on October 23. Did my fingerprint on 11/26.

On 1/1/2020 at 12:52 AM, Stylish said:

I got a new status today.  Its says, interview ready to be scheduled. I sent my EAD and AOS along with my I639 on October 23. Did my fingerprint on 11/26.

Can I ask where your local field office is?

I filed my AOS end of October and biometrics were completed Dec 10th. Case status updated Dec 11th so not that far behind you.

34 minutes ago, jmn1012 said:

I filed my AOS end of October and biometrics were completed Dec 10th. Case status updated Dec 11th so not that far behind you.

My local field office is New York, NY. What does your current status say? And what is your local field office?

1 minute ago, Stylish said:

My local field office is New York, NY. What does your current status say? And what is your local field office?

Status reads "...Fingerprints relating to your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status, Receipt Number MSC20903xxxxx, have been applied to your case"

Local field office is Manchester, NH

7 minutes ago, jmn1012 said:

Status reads "...Fingerprints relating to your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status, Receipt Number MSC20903xxxxx, have been applied to your case"

Local field office is Manchester, NH

It could be a couple of reasons why my case is ready to be scheduled for interview this fast. Could be luck, could be because of my local CIS office(I'm not sure), could be because I previously had an EAD under a different category or because I sent in my I-693 instead of waiting for courtesy letter like most people do. Also, could be because I have sent in a lot of documents previously when filing for other immigration benefits in the past. And probably, they did not have a problem verifying most of them as they have already done it in the past. Again, I'm not sure. Anyway, I am hoping and praying that we get our interview date sooner than later. Good luck to us!

1 hour ago, Stylish said:

It could be a couple of reasons why my case is ready to be scheduled for interview this fast. Could be luck, could be because of my local CIS office(I'm not sure), could be because I previously had an EAD under a different category or because I sent in my I-693 instead of waiting for courtesy letter like most people do. Also, could be because I have sent in a lot of documents previously when filing for other immigration benefits in the past. And probably, they did not have a problem verifying most of them as they have already done it in the past. Again, I'm not sure. Anyway, I am hoping and praying that we get our interview date sooner than later. Good luck to us!

I have no clue how this all works. I had an L1-A for 3 years, that was renewed without the need for an interview. I have global entry and TSA-Pre, all need fingerprints, photographs, background checks.

You would think these would all be linked someway to enable some kind of expedite. If only I (we) were so lucky!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline
3 hours ago, jmn1012 said:

Almost same timeline here! My local field office is Pittsburgh.

FROM F1 TO AOS

October 17, 2019 AOS receipt date 

December 09, 2019: Biometric appointment

January 15, 2020 RFE received

January 30, 2020  RFE response sent

Feb 7: EAD approved and interview scheduled

March 18, 2020 Interview cancelled

April 14th 2020: RFE received

April 29, 2020 Approved without interview

May 1, 2020 Card in hand

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

February 1, 2022 package sent

March 28, 2022 Fingerprints reused

July 18, 2023 approval

July 20, 2023 Card in hand

N400 

January 30,2023: Online filing

February 4th, 2023: Biometric appointment

June 15th, 2023: Case actively being reviewed

July 11th, 2023: Interview scheduled.

August 30th, 2023: Interview!

August 31st, 2023: Oath ceremony scheduled.

Sept 19th, 2023: Officially a US citizen!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline
18 minutes ago, dekk123 said:

Could you please share with us your timeline?

10/22 Sent out I-130, I-485, I-765 & I-131

10/23 Delivered in Chicago

11/7   Texts from USCIS that case was received

11/13 Received NOA letters

11/22 Received letter for biometrics

12/6 Biometrics appointment

1/3 "case ready to be scheduled for interview"

1/8 "interview was scheduled"

8 minutes ago, PWeav said:

10/22 Sent out I-130, I-485, I-765 & I-131

10/23 Delivered in Chicago

11/7   Texts from USCIS that case was received

11/13 Received NOA letters

11/22 Received letter for biometrics

12/6 Biometrics appointment

1/3 "case ready to be scheduled for interview"

1/8 "interview was scheduled"

So when is your interview scheduled for? As for me, I sent my package 10/23, biometrics 11/26, ready to be scheduled for interview 12/31. And still waiting to go to the next stage.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Stylish said:

So when is your interview scheduled for? As for me, I sent my package 10/23, biometrics 11/26, ready to be scheduled for interview 12/31. And still waiting to go to the next stage.

I don't know yet, I only saw it on my case tracker app and it doesn't say the date just that the interview was scheduled, I'll have to wait for the letter to come to see when it is.

Looks like yours moves pretty quick too, I have a friend that filed in Brooklyn beginning of September and hasn't heard anything after biometrics

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.