3,047 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
5 hours ago, ponak98 said:

Thank you Gi Gi!  Are you in this with a help of lawyer? Most time I feel I can do it myself. My lawyer is always busy (deportations, courts and etc). Feels like she does not care about a case until it get really bad.

Do lawyers really care?

Timeline
On 1/1/2020 at 11:35 AM, Irynalucky said:

I also have a question on how to apply for a SSN for my daughter if she is on my filing, approved VAWA and pending I-485. 

Okay so I found out today our daughters can’t get social until they are able to work. But they can get tax if number just fill the w-7 form out and u get it in 3-7 weeks. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
5 hours ago, ponak98 said:

what would you mean?

Sandra, the lawyer in this thread, cares and knows what to do/what she's doing.

So many other lawyers are so bad that they cloud people's views of good lawyers.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Timeline

Hello everyone there,how was new year?hope everyone have good new year celebrations.please I need help I want every one to help me look at divorce paper my ex wife sent to me from my home country.i received initial evidence both the said my divorce paper work is not consider.please everyone help me look at it and what can I do

20200103_200848.jpg

Timeline
6 minutes ago, Shroy123 said:

Finally yayyy 🥳🥳

status changed today. I received my c31 Ead on November 2019

730D8854-882A-46DF-B7DC-87A1A339C411.jpeg

Congraaaaatssssss**whistles**** 

when did u get the message that your was ordered? Was that the message u got first under this I-360? 

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Shroy123 said:

Yes.. i received new card is being ordered status on November 13, 2019

Omg I’m so happy for u. Because i can’t believe it means the struggle is over this year for me too. Omg I lost my aunt who played the part of my mom in my home country and couldn’t go back in October and just few mths after I’m about to be approved. It’s so painful but yet joyful. She would be so happy for me too.  

Timeline
10 minutes ago, sdot0479 said:

Hello everyone there,how was new year?hope everyone have good new year celebrations.please I need help I want every one to help me look at divorce paper my ex wife sent to me from my home country.i received initial evidence both the said my divorce paper work is not consider.please everyone help me look at it and what can I do

20200103_200848.jpg

The second page is not upload but on it it showed CERTIFICATE  OF DECREE NISI HAVING BECOME ABSOLUTE. I summited both and uscis said am not divorce from my home country.

Note:usics said A divorce  Nisi is not considered  to be evidence of a final divorce. Help what to do?

12 minutes ago, Gi Gi said:

Omg I’m so happy for u. Because i can’t believe it means the struggle is over this year for me too. Omg I lost my aunt who played the part of my mom in my home country and couldn’t go back in October and just few mths after I’m about to be approved. It’s so painful but yet joyful. She would be so happy for me too.  

I understand. It has been more than 6 years i haven’t seen my sisters.. i know how it feels.. now i will wait until i get my gc to visit my home country

23 minutes ago, sdot0479 said:

20200103_200848.jpg

Usually judge signs and stemp the decree.. i literally didnt understand this.. can you ask your home country to sent you certified divorce decree?

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Shroy123 said:

I understand. It has been more than 6 years i haven’t seen my sisters.. i know how it feels.. now i will wait until i get my gc to visit my home country

Same for me 5 years I haven’t seen my siblings. 1 close friend died 2 uncles my grandfather and my aunt. I just keep praying that my grandmother don’t die I want to go back to and show her so much love like I never have,because through this all she is my backbone. 

31 minutes ago, sdot0479 said:

The second page is not upload but on it it showed CERTIFICATE  OF DECREE NISI HAVING BECOME ABSOLUTE. I summited both and uscis said am not divorce from my home country.

Note:usics said A divorce  Nisi is not considered  to be evidence of a final divorce. Help what to do?

Hello

17 minutes ago, Shroy123 said:

Usually judge signs and stemp the decree.. i literally didnt understand this.. can you ask your home country to sent you certified divorce decree?

I had same issue in my AOS . That’s a Nigerian decree of dissolution of a marriage. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.