3,047 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline
On 12/25/2019 at 6:00 AM, waitingforluck said:

Will I-130 convert to I-360 automatically or do we need to write any letter to uscis ??

thanks in advance 

You don't need to ask USCIS to  convert the I-130 to an I-360 petition.

Timeline
On 12/25/2019 at 1:25 PM, gurgen said:

Hi all, I have a question about advance parole;

I've got a paper version of the document after I infopassed it at a local office.(letter size with my photo on it)

Then I used it to travel to my country and came back with a stamp on the bottom right corner.

Now, I'd like to use the same ap again before it expires in March but my attorney said that it's valid for one entry since it's stamped. 

However, on the paper it says "Valid for multiple applications for parole into the United States" I doubt my attorney gave me the correct info.

Then I forwarded my issue to my lawyer but haven't heard from him for a long time. I'm pretty sure I can travel with it again, but just wanna make sure.

I'm attaching a sample ap in this message.  Thanks, merry Xmas to all.

advance+parole.jpg

Multiples entries are generally valid for one year from the date they issued the AP.  

Timeline
On 12/24/2019 at 6:00 PM, waitingforluck said:

I have pending i-130 (just the i-130) and applied Vawa after few months. My question is will they update  priority date  on Vawa from the receipt of i-130 or the priority date will based on Vawa receipt?

If your husband is a U.S Citizen then there is no priority date, if he is A green card holder the priority date is the date you filed the I-130.

Timeline
On 12/24/2019 at 9:42 PM, Bryan12 said:

Hello everyone, I need your help on this situation, my renewal for i765/i131 was sent back after 5 weeks and they are requesting to pay for those application.

my questions is this how much will it cost to renew both, is it 410$ only for the 765 and the 131 is free or both has a fee for renewal.

Also if I include only 410$ for i765 and also include the i131 in the package without the fee for it, will both application be sent back just because I include only 410$.

long story short what can I do,I don’t have money for i131 and I don’t want it to be send back this time again as my EAD expires March.

Lastly am sending back my response for rfe for shared residence and good moral character, am scared but also praying for favor. I360 file in May 2018 and receive rfe on November 2019.

Thanks 

There is no fees to renew the EAD using same category C9 if you filed your first I-765 form along with your I-485.   USCIS is often sending back the applications asking to pay to renew.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Bahamas
Timeline

Morning all I am so confused right now I got my c31 work permit back in November my status changed on my i360 that card was mailed to me and my i485 was changed to sent to local office October 31st..  Today I checked my status and my i765 states it was denied december .. Will the status of my i765 directly affect my i360 or my 1485? I really don't understand why they denied it if they sent it to me

IMG_20191229_041309.jpg

IMG_20191229_041348.jpg

IMG_20191229_041431.jpg

3 hours ago, Islanderk said:

Morning all I am so confused right now I got my c31 work permit back in November my status changed on my i360 that card was mailed to me and my i485 was changed to sent to local office October 31st..  Today I checked my status and my i765 states it was denied december .. Will the status of my i765 directly affect my i360 or my 1485? I really don't understand why they denied it if they sent it to me

IMG_20191229_041309.jpg

IMG_20191229_041348.jpg

IMG_20191229_041431.jpg

No the decision on the C9 based on i485 won't affect your i360! So many people here got their C9 denied when C31 was issued! Nothing to worry about there!😊

1 hour ago, Elisana said:

Good morning 

After a send my RFE, I got two more affidavit fron friends, a good affidavit

My question is,can I send to USCIS also?

I Have a copy of RFE letter to attach 

Thank you 

My understanding is that USCIS gives a specified time for RFE response! So if that time has lapsed, they may not take any further response into consideration! That is just for RFE! On the other hand, you can send in any evidence that can help your case at anytime before your case is decided! If I were in your situation..I would send though💁 it doesn't hurt..it's up to the officer to regard or disregard it! I'm always positively minded and hope only for the best..it always works for me! I pray it works for you!🙏

6 minutes ago, Mira20 said:

With regards to the RFE i received for " person  of good moral character", is the police clearance from my country necessary to send with it at this time? or should I wait till they ask specifically for it?

That clearance from your home country falls within the meaning/description of 'good moral character' so get it!👍 alongside affidavits from friends and family reiterating that you are a person of repute.

@Mira20FYI the clearance from your home country is only necessary if you were here in the U.S. less than three years prior to applying for i360. If you were here 3years or more before applying, then you only need clearance from your local district and any other place you've lived 6months and more here in the USA during the 3 year period!👍

11 hours ago, sandranj said:

I don't understand which waiver you are talking about, you can file I-360 along with the AOS.

Did they  mention in the denial  that you entered into marriage to circumvent  immigration Laws? or mentioned something such as  " sham marriage" or "fraudulent marriage",if yes then you won't have your new AOS approved.

Yes the denial letter has fraudulent marriage on it. My marriage wasn’t fraud. It was real but my spouse withdrew I130 petition saying the marriage was fake because he already promised to get me deported when I enrolled back in school for my graduate studies. The waiver I meant is I-601.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
11 hours ago, sandranj said:

If your husband is a U.S Citizen then there is no priority date, if he is A green card holder the priority date is the date you filed the I-130.

My priority date is from 2016 what does it mean how does it affect my filing. I just got new card from I-130 vawa pétition . I guess it meant vawa approval? 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.