3,047 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Annekke said:

Good day everyone,

I have filed for VAWA December 2019, I requested my attorney (catholic legal services to also apply for work permit and travel permit) 

I received January 21st the Prima Facie valid till January 2021

Today Feb 26th was my fingerprint appointment on the document said case I-485 and I-765 - I am assuming this means work and travel permits. 

My question was after the biometrics (fingerprints) are taken what is it that I should expect next? My attorney left the office and I am being passed around currently to a new one and its been a bit hectic. I am not getting my answers. 

Am I going to get work permit ? as on the official website it stated something along the line (while on VAWA the work permit is not given until VAWA is approved) so I am confused will I get it or will I not and what is the time I should estimate for this? 

I had previous work and travel permit that expired in November 2019 under the marriage application that obviously fallen apart and my previous green card was denied due to marriage fall out. 

Appreciate any guidance I may get. 

Hi. The i485 is for adjusting status..the i765 is for your work permit (if you ticked C9 category, you'll get it before VAWA approval..but C31 is after approval)..the i131 is the travel permit..advance parole. You obviously didn't file for that. So yeah you will get the EAD in about 5-7months..sometimes it can be earlier, other times later. After your biometrics nothng is required from you but to wait for updates. Vawa approval takes anywhere from 17-23months to be approved. Again sometimes earlier, other times later.👍

45 minutes ago, Loraa said:

Does it have right side sign? “ not for federal purposes? 

Right, I didn’t apply for the new travel drivers license but normally all IDs would have the temporary resident and the expiration date of the EAD mines don’t have any of that. My learners and state ID does but my driver’s license doesn’t 

23 minutes ago, Stillwinning!!!😊 said:

Hi. The i485 is for adjusting status..the i765 is for your work permit (if you ticked C9 category, you'll get it before VAWA approval..but C31 is after approval)..the i131 is the travel permit..advance parole. You obviously didn't file for that. So yeah you will get the EAD in about 5-7months..sometimes it can be earlier, other times later. After your biometrics nothng is required from you but to wait for updates. Vawa approval takes anywhere from 17-23months to be approved. Again sometimes earlier, other times later.👍

How do I find out what was "ticked" as I did not do it myself but I have the whole copy of my file. 

And YES I did file for I-131 but I did not get any documents yet regarding that.

Thank you for reply

7 hours ago, balo101 said:

ok guys, just an update. I was scheduled for my appointment for the next week. I went today and asked if i can do it today. They let me do that. So i am done with my finger prints appointment. 

Great!!! Which ASC did you go?? I got a letter yesterday for next week to redo fingerprints... and I am planning to walk in on Friday!Did you go as soon as they open or later?

14 minutes ago, NeverGiveUp Nov17 said:

Great!!! Which ASC did you go?? I got a letter yesterday for next week to redo fingerprints... and I am planning to walk in on Friday!Did you go as soon as they open or later?

i am here in NYC. it went around 8.15. 

I asked them if i can do it today there were like if you want. Nice people. 

Give it a try. i think they will let you do that. 

Edited by balo101

33 minutes ago, Annekke said:

How do I find out what was "ticked" as I did not do it myself but I have the whole copy of my file. 

And YES I did file for I-131 but I did not get any documents yet regarding that.

Thank you for reply

You have an attorney then? You can simply ask him what he checked. Read the i765 form and see if the category is C9 or C31. 

6 minutes ago, Stillwinning!!!😊 said:

You have an attorney then? You can simply ask him what he checked. Read the i765 form and see if the category is C9 or C31. 

Yes I have pro bono type of attorney from Catholic Legal Services and I just got new attorney assigned and she is to familiar yet fully with my case, she is totally new in the office and not the person who filed my application. But I just emailed her asking those specific questions you pointed me to. Thank you very much for this education. 

Filed: Other Timeline
4 hours ago, sandranj said:

You MUST  attend the interview but probably the officer won't be able to  interview there.I saw cases like yours before. USCIS  cannot interview  people living in a different State where the person is a resident, except if the attorney  is located where the interview will take place.

Thanks @sandranj for your response, I'll surely make it a point to attend. Keeping my fingers crossed for a positive outcome 🙏

5 hours ago, Stillwinning!!!😊 said:

Not sure what's going on now..but last time I checked, EAD was needed. But I've heard that everyone can get DL now in N.Y....not sure the requirements for that..you could give it a go..💁

You can DL in New York if you are undocumented or depending document. You need your international passport, if expired not more than 1yr. If you have international DL from your country. Prove of residency. 

Dear All. Hope you are all doing well dear friends!

a question: if I-360 is denied - can one file motion to reconsider using B290 form or else? Can one renew EAD in a case of pending 290B? Will I-485 get denied if I-360 is denied but B290 is filed? What is the difference between appeal and motion to reconsider and are these same form? And last - what is the success rate of appeals and motions to reconsider?

sorry for so my questions but hope you know.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Bahamas
Timeline

Good morning all.. I have a little dilemma.. when I initially filed my vawa it was with Catholic charities back in Louisville KY.. the attorney that files it has since resigned and I've since moved.. they no longer represent me.. I've since place in a change of address with VSC.. here's where the issue is .. VSC is still sending my mail to them ... Is there anyway I can get them to stop sending it there and send straight to me .. because of this it's been delaying the arrival of my letters and notification to me and to get in touch with the immigration attorney at Catholic charities take up to 2 days to even have them check and see.. then I have to wait on top of that up to 1 and a half to 2 weeks to get it.. I really need to find a solution to this .. any help would be greatly appreciated thank you in advance..

24 minutes ago, Islanderk said:

Good morning all.. I have a little dilemma.. when I initially filed my vawa it was with Catholic charities back in Louisville KY.. the attorney that files it has since resigned and I've since moved.. they no longer represent me.. I've since place in a change of address with VSC.. here's where the issue is .. VSC is still sending my mail to them ... Is there anyway I can get them to stop sending it there and send straight to me .. because of this it's been delaying the arrival of my letters and notification to me and to get in touch with the immigration attorney at Catholic charities take up to 2 days to even have them check and see.. then I have to wait on top of that up to 1 and a half to 2 weeks to get it.. I really need to find a solution to this .. any help would be greatly appreciated thank you in advance..

Ask your congressman man to inquiry about your change of address or make an infopass to your local office and ask them to change your address 

08/2017 - Married USC

09/2017 - Application for I-485, I-765, I-131

12/2017 - Approval  I-765, I-131

09/2018 Renewal application for I-765, I-131

04/2019 - I-485 interview scheduled 

04/2019 - I-485 denied, husband withdrew

05/2019 - Application for  I-360, I-485, I-765, I-131 

12/2019 EAD, AP approval

07/2020 EAD, AP renewal sent to Vermont

10/2020 EAD, AP Approval

11/2020 VAWA I-360 Approved (C31 produced)

01/2021 I-360 status changed to case approved

03/2021 - I-693 deficient notice from national benefit center

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.