3,047 posts in this topic

55 minutes ago, Makanaki said:

Hi fam. I just have to share this development. I sincerely do not know what length these abusers will not go to!

My estranged husband W2 came to the house. Out of my Christian mind I sent him a message to let him know his W2 arrived. Can you imagine he replied telling me to file the taxes as joint with his manipulative sweethearts messages!

When we filed our previous taxes I never knew how to read the W2s properly. All I noticed was that IRS gave us a huge bill to pay afterwards - which I am now having to deal with by myself.

So when he came all manipulative wanting me to file (which I have absolutely no intention of doing so!) I looked properly this time and that's when I saw it.

he claimed 8 dependents! Yes you read that correctly, 8 freaking dependents throughout the year which means a he never paid taxes. This guy really wants to finish me!

Well, Knowledge is power! Now that you are no longer gullible, you most definitely have been liberated! Kick his a** to the curb!😏

Filed: Other Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I'm upset. I was just told by auburn university that i needed to uploaded my permanent resident card before they could issue me any sort of financial aid. Is this right? What's the point of qualifying as an eligible non citizen then? I sent them a copy of my SSN card, the notice of my i485/785, the prima facies(one old and current one). I thought the prima facie enabled me to receive financial aid? I'm supposed to be transferring fall 2020 there and auburn is really expensive. I don't know what to do now.

1 minute ago, sabina4 said:

after getting my first ead/ap  approval, can i go to get my ssn the next day? or shoud i wait ? how long does it take? thanks

Once you have your document in hand you can go apply. But I remember back in 2017 when I went to go get my SSN, they said it takes some time for my info to reflect on the save system...or so...but it didn't stop me from applying.👍

8 minutes ago, Stillwinning!!!😊 said:

Once you have your document in hand you can go apply. But I remember back in 2017 when I went to go get my SSN, they said it takes some time for my info to reflect on the save system...or so...but it didn't stop me from applying.👍

yeah I read somewhere that it is better to wait until their system update with my info, otherwise it can take months. how long did it take for you to get the ssn? and did you apply at the ssn office right away after you were approved?

4 hours ago, Valerie899 said:

Like 1 month after vawa approval. But my case was transferred in November. So far it says that San Antonio, tx has the shortest amount of waiting time 6-12 months so far, but Idk how long it will take them to send the interview notice.😿 

oh hi partner.. i remember me and you got the approval update the same day :-) I received my approval notice and deferred action 2 weeks ago. Still waiting for I485 update

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
3 hours ago, sandranj said:

Your I-485  was transferred to NBC in June 2019, probably the case was shipped to the local office  in July 2019. CT is taking long time to schedule the AOS interview 9/12 months. I  have AOS in CT waiting 11 months, then you still have to wait a bit more.

30/90 days.

Thank you @Sandranj  for replying the wait is like forever but I am hoping and praying keeping faith that i will get some form of update soon...may god continue to bless you for all the good work you are doing and for us all faith is the substance to all things hope for..Your approval is near and for us waiting for interviews it is right around the corner...👀😀 👏🙌

54 minutes ago, TheGraveMistake said:

I'm upset. I was just told by auburn university that i needed to uploaded my permanent resident card before they could issue me any sort of financial aid. Is this right? What's the point of qualifying as an eligible non citizen then? I sent them a copy of my SSN card, the notice of my i485/785, the prima facies(one old and current one). I thought the prima facie enabled me to receive financial aid? I'm supposed to be transferring fall 2020 there and auburn is really expensive. I don't know what to do now.

you have have approved fafsa application?

Filed: Timeline
34 minutes ago, TheGraveMistake said:

Prima Facie does enable you to FASFA aid. Here are two links you can print out/forward to the school explaining it. Usually people are able to provide them and the school can figure it out from there. 

https://ifap.ed.gov/dpcletters/GEN1007.html

https://ifap.ed.gov/fsahandbook/attachments/1819FSAHbkVol1Ch2.pdf

19 minutes ago, sabina4 said:

yeah I read somewhere that it is better to wait until their system update with my info, otherwise it can take months. how long did it take for you to get the ssn? and did you apply at the ssn office right away after you were approved?

True..don't know how fast it updates these days..I got my SSN in about 14days. Yes I went to apply right after I got my first EAD in 2017. So yeah..there's sense in chilling a bit before heading out!👍

Filed: Other Country: Nigeria
Timeline
11 minutes ago, Villanelle said:

Prima Facie does enable you to FASFA aid. Here are two links you can print out/forward to the school explaining it. Usually people are able to provide them and the school can figure it out from there. 

https://ifap.ed.gov/dpcletters/GEN1007.html

https://ifap.ed.gov/fsahandbook/attachments/1819FSAHbkVol1Ch2.pdf

Thank you i have sent the link to their financial aid email along with my prima facies.

3 hours ago, Ylx said:

Just two PF, in november 2019 included my fingerprints on the system even tho was took back in 2018.. No EAD because was filling under C09. Even tho Im married with an USC .. What about you?

I also got 2 pf. Last one is expiring this june 2020. Hopefully we get approval before it expires again. I also applied under co9.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.