lambera

AOS i-864 RFE help. Not very specific.

60 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: England
Timeline
14 minutes ago, K1visaHopeful said:

Part 6 Qu 7?

I do not know how. But it appears the I-864 I have used, was an older version. Showing an expiration of 2017. 

Edited by lambera

Are you serious about fixing your problem?

Do you have your forms (previous and new empty one) so you can follow along?

Screenshot_20191207-151928_OneDrive.jpg

Timeline
1 minute ago, K1visaHopeful said:

Are you serious about fixing your problem?

Do you have your forms (previous and new empty one) so you can follow along?

Screenshot_20191207-151928_OneDrive.jpg

I would not be on here trying to solve this If I was not. 

If you read my last reply, you will see the issue as to why I was confused with part 6 Q7. It appears I have the previous edition of the i-864, expiring in 2017.

Would this alone cause the RFE?   

4 minutes ago, lambera said:

I would not be on here trying to solve this If I was not. 

If you read my last reply, you will see the issue as to why I was confused with part 6 Q7. It appears I have the previous edition of the i-864, expiring in 2017.

Would this alone cause the RFE?   

Alone? Sure it could. It depends when you submitted it. 

The date on this version is 03/06/18.

But likely you have a combination of many issues that everyone has been offering advice on in this post.

You'll have to look at your previously submitted copy, all of your financial supporting documents and the actual instructions when filling out the new one.

I suggest you make the time to sit down with all of that before you come to any conclusions as to what your issues are or being downtrodden about the effort needed to fill it out precisely according to your financial situation. USCIS does not know yours and could not possibly provide a simple remedy (nor would they be obligated to) to determine what you are trying to show them.

You will find many ppl have received this generic RFE if you scroll this forum. There are no direct and simple answers as we do not have your documents or forms in front if us like you do.

Timeline
2 minutes ago, K1visaHopeful said:

Alone? Sure it could. It depends when you submitted it. 

The date on this version is 03/06/18.

But likely you have a combination of many issues that everyone has been offering advice on in this post.

You'll have to look at your previously submitted copy, all of your financial supporting documents and the actual instructions when filling out the new one.

I suggest you make the time to sit down with all of that before you come to any conclusions as to what your issues are or being downtrodden about the effort needed to fill it out precisely according to your financial situation. USCIS does not know yours and could not possibly provide a simple remedy (nor would they be obligated to) to determine what you are trying to show them.

You will find many ppl have received this generic RFE if you scroll this forum. There are no direct and simple answers as we do not have your documents or forms in front if us like you do.

Yes that is the date it was released. The expiration is 3/31/2020. The one I sent expired in 2017, I sent it October of this year, so it is definitely out of date. 

I will be going back over everything again very carefully. I don't understand why some people get an exact explanation as to what the issue is and others just get a generic letter.

I appreciate all the help and advice that has been given in this thread by everyone.   

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline
23 minutes ago, lambera said:

Yes that is the date it was released. The expiration is 3/31/2020. The one I sent expired in 2017, I sent it October of this year, so it is definitely out of date. 

I will be going back over everything again very carefully. I don't understand why some people get an exact explanation as to what the issue is and others just get a generic letter.

I appreciate all the help and advice that has been given in this thread by everyone.   

Most RFEs are generic, unfortunately.

You already figured out what the issue is, you sent an old form. Get the new form, fill it out, send all the information again, tax transcripts, employment letter, paystubs.

7 hours ago, lambera said:

No one gets an exact explanation.

The I864 RFE is generic.

Timeline
23 hours ago, Ayrton said:

Most RFEs are generic, unfortunately.

You already figured out what the issue is, you sent an old form. Get the new form, fill it out, send all the information again, tax transcripts, employment letter, paystubs.

Yeah, hopefully that is the issue. But there could be something else.

16 hours ago, K1visaHopeful said:

No one gets an exact explanation.

The I864 RFE is generic.

I know a friend who recently got a RFE for the I-864 and it explained exactly what was missing.

Filed: Other Country: Saudi Arabia
Timeline
On 12/7/2019 at 2:48 PM, lambera said:

It is very possible that this is a simple matter of submitting the outdated form.

SO:  In addition to whatever you add, it’s suggested that you send the current form in as well.

16 hours ago, lambera said:

Yeah, hopefully that is the issue. But there could be something else.

I know a friend who recently got a RFE for the I-864 and it explained exactly what was missing.

Impossible 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Lebanon
Timeline
1 hour ago, lambera said:

I have read the letter myself. So it can't be impossible. 

just curious, what did your friend RFE say, what was missing?  after reading your RFE letter, it says to submit the latest I-864 edition. so technically they they are telling you it's one of the reason you got an RFE, they aren't going to tell you it's the only reason.  It's up to you to figure it out i guess.

AOS/EAD/AP ->: 11/29/18 - NOA1: 12/04/18

Biometric NOA:  12/14/18  Biometric Appt: 12/26/18

Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview: 1/16/19

EAD/AP approval: 3/18/19

AOS Interview Appt: 6/4/19

AOS Interview: 7/10/19

AOS Approved: 7/23/19

GREEN CARD IN HAND: 7/26/19

"It's true, we don't have it as easy as ordinary couples. But this is no ordinary love"

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Lebanese23 said:

just curious, what did your friend RFE say, what was missing?  after reading your RFE letter, it says to submit the latest I-864 edition. so technically they they are telling you it's one of the reason you got an RFE, they aren't going to tell you it's the only reason.  It's up to you to figure it out i guess.

Yes I seen that, but that to me appears to be just a generic guideline. Not specific to my case as it also says to provide the sponsors SSN etc and I did all those things. My friends letter clearly stated that he did not submit his sponsors latest tax return. 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Lebanon
Timeline
3 minutes ago, lambera said:

Yes I seen that, but that to me appears to be just a generic guideline. Not specific to my case as it also says to provide the sponsors SSN etc and I did all those things. My friends letter clearly stated that he did not submit his sponsors latest tax return. 

when you submit an old version, all supporting evidence is not valid. so they need all those things to be resubmitted. I think this is what happened. they looked at the I-864 edition, they see it's old, they didn't even bother looking at the supporting evidence, to them, it's like you didn't submit the I-864. it's just a guess in the mind of a USCIS officer.

AOS/EAD/AP ->: 11/29/18 - NOA1: 12/04/18

Biometric NOA:  12/14/18  Biometric Appt: 12/26/18

Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview: 1/16/19

EAD/AP approval: 3/18/19

AOS Interview Appt: 6/4/19

AOS Interview: 7/10/19

AOS Approved: 7/23/19

GREEN CARD IN HAND: 7/26/19

"It's true, we don't have it as easy as ordinary couples. But this is no ordinary love"

Timeline
5 minutes ago, Lebanese23 said:

when you submit an old version, all supporting evidence is not valid. so they need all those things to be resubmitted. I think this is what happened. they looked at the I-864 edition, they see it's old, they didn't even bother looking at the supporting evidence, to them, it's like you didn't submit the I-864. it's just a guess in the mind of a USCIS officer.

Yes, you're right. It would make sense, as it is the first page of the I-864 that shows the expiration date. So seeing this is out of date, everything else even if correct doesn't even have any value.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.