dwheels76

NVC Filers - December 2019

1,006 posts in this topic

On 12/16/2019 at 11:47 AM, DTM-USA said:

Still waiting for the review of the same doc sent for me and my daughter on 09/20. She got DQ on 10/24 and I had to send again on 10/25. The same doc about proof of domicile. 6 weeks waiting since second submission. 

Hey Brother i got a question your last submission was 10/25 ? Do u got your DQ already ?mine submission was 10/30

56 minutes ago, Ramar1 said:

Documents finally qualified!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Nov 4 submission oh thank God!!! 

Good luck everyone 

Congratulations 

1 hour ago, Aasish Chandra said:

Lucky you, I did on Nov 1 and nothing yet for me😔

NVC doesn't look at things in order of submission. No one really knows their process. Could depend on country, how much information is involved in each review etc. There's probably more correlation with timeframes for people from the same country as you. For example, in Canada, I've noticed it's taking about 6-7 weeks to get DQ from time of submission, while some African countries are getting it within two weeks. That might solely have to do with the number of applications that are coming in where it would be assumed there's a much higher number from Canada.

So, try to find out more about your own country's timelines to try and set some realistic expectations for when yours might be reviewed. And that's just to maybe get an idea, it's not a guarantee.

Edited by canadavisa22

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Denmark
Timeline
2 minutes ago, canadavisa22 said:

NVC doesn't look at things in order of submission. No one really knows their process. Could depend on country, how much information is involved in each review etc. There's probably more correlation with timeframes for people from the same country as you. For example, in Canada, I've noticed it's taking about 6-7 weeks to get DQ from time of submission, while some African countries are getting it within two weeks. That might solely have to do with the number of applications that are coming in where it would be assumed there's a much higher number from Canada.

So, try to find out more about your own country's timelines to try and set some realistic expectations for when yours might be reviewed. And that's just to maybe get an idea, it's not a guarantee.

I'm not so sure if it has to do with the applications for the country. Stockholm has 0 wait time for interviews because of how little applicants there are and it still took 5 weeks for us to get reviewed :( I've also seen some people take 2 weeks the first submission and then 4-6 weeks for their second and vice versa

Our CR1 Journey:

USCIS Stage:

• Feb 14 2019: NOA1 (NSC)
  • July 31 2019: I129f NOA1
  • Sep 19 2019: I129f NOA2 (Denied - 50 days from NOA1)
  • Sep 19 2019: I130 NOA2 (Approved - 217 days from NOA1)

NVC Stage:

• Sep 27 2019: Sent to Department of State
  • Oct 31 2019: Case number received (34 days since sent)
  • Nov 1 2019: IV & AOS fees received & paid
  • Nov 14 2019: IV & AOS submitted
  • Dec 18 2019: All docs accepted, but one additional doc requested (5 weeks from submission)
  • Dec 18 2019: Requested doc submitted
  • Feb 19 2020: Documentarily Qualified (9 weeks from 2nd submission, 14 weeks from first submission)

Interview Stage:

• Mar 11 2020: Interview letter received
  • Apr 1 2020: Interview date
  • Mar 17 2020: Interview cancelled due to COVID-19
  • August 3 2020: Rescheduled letter received, new appointment August 25 2020
  • August 25 2020: Visa approved at interview! (558 days from NOA1)
  • September 10 2020: Embassy received passport in mail
  • September 15 2020: Passport with visa in hand

October 11 2020: Arrived in US!

6 minutes ago, LilyJ said:

I'm not so sure if it has to do with the applications for the country. Stockholm has 0 wait time for interviews because of how little applicants there are and it still took 5 weeks for us to get reviewed :( I've also seen some people take 2 weeks the first submission and then 4-6 weeks for their second and vice versa

It probably doesn't but there MIGHT be some correlation for at least some countries. I've seen some fairly consistent patters with Canada myself.  For instance, are there other Swedes on here that have tracked how long their NVC process takes? Even though there might be few applicants, perhaps there are very few people processing the applications or Sweden gets grouped with other countries into a bigger pool. Who knows, but if we can get more info it might help with expectations.

Edited by canadavisa22

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
23 minutes ago, canadavisa22 said:

Yes, I agree... you took the words right out of my mouth. I feel like the NVC wants to believe (unintentional or not) that they are working in order by date, but clearly this is not true. I have given up on trying to figure it out, and decided that at some point there will be an end to this draining process. 

Nebraska Service Center
Consulate : Jamaica
Marriage : 5/31/19
I-130 Sent : 6/14/19
I-130 NOA1 : 6/20/19 
I-129F Sent :    8/9/19
I-129F NOA1 :    8/13/19
1-130 Approved: 9/26/19

I-129F Denied: 9/26/19

Approval Sent to NVC: 10/9/19  
NVC Received : 10/17/19

NVC Case# Received : 11/8/19

NVC Payments Made : 11/8/19

Documents Submitted : 12/2/19

Documents Approved : 1/10/2020

Documents sent to JA Embassy : 1/21/2020

Medical Exam Complete : 1/24/2020

Interview Date : 2/3/2020 (APPROVED)

Administrative Processing : 2/3/2020 - Original JA Marriage Certificate requested

Mailed Marriage Certificate: 2/3/2020

Marriage Certificate Arrived at JA Embassy: 2/6/2020

CEAC shows "Issued":  2/24/2020 :dance:

"The U.S. Department of State Consulate located in Kingston has released document related to your Visa application to our courier DHL Express." 2/27/2020 😄💃♥️

VISA IN HAND - FLIGHT BOOKED - 3/2/2020 :joy:

Hubby Arrived in US: 3/4/2020

Timeline
13 minutes ago, canadavisa22 said:

It probably doesn't but there MIGHT be some correlation for at least some countries. I've seen some fairly consistent patters with Canada myself.  For instance, are there other Swedes on here that have tracked how long their NVC process takes? Even though there might be few applicants, perhaps there are very few people processing the applications or Sweden gets grouped with other countries into a bigger pool. Who knows, but if we can get more info it might help with expectations.

Haven't tracked other Stockholm applicant's NVC timelines too much, I could but I think a lot of the profiles are usually a few months old or more since it's so empty at Stockholm but worth a try. Stockholm processes for Sweden, Norway, and Denmark but even with all 3 countries combined it's a very very very low workload, iirc in 2018 there were only around less than 250 IR cases (not even just spouses, ALL immediate relatives) in Stockholm for Denmark, Sweden, and Norway combined; ~50 for Denmark, ~50 for Norway, and ~125 for Sweden

Our CR1 Journey:

USCIS Stage:

NVC Stage:

• Dec 18 2019: All docs accepted, but one additional doc requested (5 weeks from submission)
  • Feb 19 2020: Documentarily Qualified (9 weeks from 2nd submission, 14 weeks from first submission)

Interview Stage:

5 minutes ago, LilyJ said:

Haven't tracked other Stockholm applicant's NVC timelines too much, I could but I think a lot of the profiles are usually a few months old or more since it's so empty at Stockholm but worth a try. Stockholm processes for Sweden, Norway, and Denmark but even with all 3 countries combined it's a very very very low workload, iirc in 2018 there were only around less than 250 IR cases (not even just spouses, ALL immediate relatives) in Stockholm for Denmark, Sweden, and Norway combined; ~50 for Denmark, ~50 for Norway, and ~125 for Sweden

I think it also processes Finland, doesn't it?

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Gabrobill said:

I think it also processes Finland, doesn't it?

Nope, just those 3. Finnish applicants are processed in the US embassy in Helsinki, Finland

Our CR1 Journey:

USCIS Stage:

NVC Stage:

Interview Stage:

13 minutes ago, LilyJ said:

Perhaps they only have one person reviewing them all a few times a week. With that low of a workload it's possible to only have 1-2 employees assigned to those countries. I only guess that because it makes more sense to separate it by country or region since each one differs in what kind of information is needed. If im dealing with the same country over and over I know exactly what to look for and don't have to search the different requirements every time I open a file.

Timeline
Just now, canadavisa22 said:

Perhaps they only have one person reviewing them all a few times a week. With that low of a workload it's possible to only have 1-2 employees assigned to those countries. I only guess that because it makes more sense to separate it by country or region since each one differs in what kind of information is needed. If im dealing with the same country over and over I know exactly what to look for and don't have to search the different requirements every time I open a file.

Maybe but I'm not sure. I checked some profiles from those 3 countries after you mentioned it, and I see some people got dq after 2 weeks, and some after 4, or even 6-7, and it wasn't consistent with individual countries either it seemed

Our CR1 Journey:

USCIS Stage:

NVC Stage:

Interview Stage:

1 minute ago, LilyJ said:

Maybe but I'm not sure. I checked some profiles from those 3 countries after you mentioned it, and I see some people got dq after 2 weeks, and some after 4, or even 6-7, and it wasn't consistent with individual countries either it seemed

It's possible that each case is different too. They may have internal guidelines for longer reviews of certain applicants based on age, gender or other factors.

It's all a guessing game though and all we know is there's probably no pattern so we shouldn't get too down when someone else gets DQ before us.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.