Ela G.

Any Spanish/American couples?

55 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Spain
Timeline

Hey there! Spanish beneficiary here just wondering if there are any other spanish/american couples! I see like everything else on here but it's super rare to find spanish members! Manifestaros genteee 😊

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline

There are a few of us around. Hopefully it will not take too long to get an embassy appointment because our numbers are low!

Marriage: 2019-01-10

I-130 NOA1: 2019-02-15

I-129f Notice Date: 2019-07-11

I-130 Approved, NOA2: 2019-08-08 (170 days)

Sent to NVC: 2019-09-03

NVC case number: 2019-10-04

Submitted document to NVC: 2019-10-22

CC/DQ: 2019-11-18

Embassy interview: 2020-01-18

(all dates in yyyy-mm-dd)

Timeline
3 hours ago, Esponjoso said:

There are a few of us around. Hopefully it will not take too long to get an embassy appointment because our numbers are low!

I’m hopeful too! I’m currently waiting on the case number from NVC. But yeah apparently there aren’t many K-1/CR-1 visas being processed in Spain but in the other hand there are LOTS of student/working/other visas being processed so it’s hard to get an appointment due to that reason... 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline

Hey! not Spanish but a Greek that lives in Spain :)

We met here with my fiance 

now that i found some poeple in spain - do you know if the Packet 3 is sent by physical mail or by email?

Thank you!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline

Hola chicos!

Cristian and I met in Spain almost 18 years ago while I was visiting my parents. I was born and raised in California but my father is Spanish and my parents live in Spain now.  We are getting married in April in San Francisco and we are very nervous about this whole process. We are having a large wedding with many people coming from Spain and the anxiety is high!

I just received an e-mail from the US State Dept and it was addressed to my fiancée. It states that the NVC received my approved I-129F petition and that they will be forwarding the petition to the consulate in Madrid. I'm unclear if I need to do anything at this point. It says I should to the NVC website and follow the steps in the CEAC to apply for the visa, but I don't have the invoice ID number I need to login. Is there going to be a physical packet sent in the mail with this information and instructions? Do I have this number somewhere and I'm just not finding it? Other websites say I don't need to do anything at this point. HELP!  Any information or advice is greatly appreciated.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Spain
Timeline

Hola gente!!! I'm from Spain, my gf from USA. We met in Spain cause she was aupair, and after one year and a half, her visa was expiring so I decide to find a way to go to the USA with her. Then, I found that the J1 visa was the most realistic way to go there as it was too soon to get married. Now, after 8 months of J1, we are talking about getting married around may (my visa expires in october 2020). 

Have any of you guy go trough an AOS from J1 visa?? I dont have 2 year rule so that will make it easier I guess. We just want to avoid the long K1 or CR1 visa process. 

Hola! Yo soy española y mi marido americano. Despues de casi 14 meses de proceso, estamos esperando que NVC nos de el Case Complete y fije fecha para entrevista en la embajada. Es todo taaaan largo y frustrante. Pero hay que mantener el espiritu positivo. Todo llega! Encantada de conoceros. Alguien de Madrid?

Timeline
On 11/13/2019 at 3:34 PM, Kay & Evan said:

Hey! not Spanish but a Greek that lives in Spain :)

We met here with my fiance 

now that i found some poeple in spain - do you know if the Packet 3 is sent by physical mail or by email?

Thank you!

As far as I know they send it by email!

Timeline
On 11/13/2019 at 6:04 PM, N+C said:

Hola chicos!

Cristian and I met in Spain almost 18 years ago while I was visiting my parents. I was born and raised in California but my father is Spanish and my parents live in Spain now.  We are getting married in April in San Francisco and we are very nervous about this whole process. We are having a large wedding with many people coming from Spain and the anxiety is high!

I just received an e-mail from the US State Dept and it was addressed to my fiancée. It states that the NVC received my approved I-129F petition and that they will be forwarding the petition to the consulate in Madrid. I'm unclear if I need to do anything at this point. It says I should to the NVC website and follow the steps in the CEAC to apply for the visa, but I don't have the invoice ID number I need to login. Is there going to be a physical packet sent in the mail with this information and instructions? Do I have this number somewhere and I'm just not finding it? Other websites say I don't need to do anything at this point. HELP!  Any information or advice is greatly appreciated.

You should call NVC!! Although they should have included that information on the email I believe. Today my fiancé actually called NVC and we got our Case & Invoice #! 

Btw that’s a cute story!! We’re so stressed with this whole process and work and everything we barely have time to even prepare anything regarding the wedding 😭

Edited by Ela S.

Timeline
On 11/14/2019 at 11:34 PM, ARs said:

Heya! Spanish beneficiary here too. We applied in August and we are currently waiting for the NOA2. This process is so long!

Heyy!! Hang in there! Once you get your NOA2 everything starts moving super quick! 

Timeline
On 11/14/2019 at 11:45 PM, Bigtuna said:

Hola gente!!! I'm from Spain, my gf from USA. We met in Spain cause she was aupair, and after one year and a half, her visa was expiring so I decide to find a way to go to the USA with her. Then, I found that the J1 visa was the most realistic way to go there as it was too soon to get married. Now, after 8 months of J1, we are talking about getting married around may (my visa expires in october 2020). 

Have any of you guy go trough an AOS from J1 visa?? I dont have 2 year rule so that will make it easier I guess. We just want to avoid the long K1 or CR1 visa process. 

Might get better help for your question at a different thread :) Feel like everyone here are just long suffering K-1’s and CR-1’s ahahah

Timeline
2 hours ago, Maria66 said:

Hola! Yo soy española y mi marido americano. Despues de casi 14 meses de proceso, estamos esperando que NVC nos de el Case Complete y fije fecha para entrevista en la embajada. Es todo taaaan largo y frustrante. Pero hay que mantener el espiritu positivo. Todo llega! Encantada de conoceros. Alguien de Madrid?

Hola Maria! Encantada!! Nosotros estamos en NVC también pero con la K-1! Mandan nuestro caso a la embajada con suerte la próxima semana. A partir de ahora esperamos que todo fluya con más rapidez. Yo soy de Madrid :) 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline

Hola Chicos,

Im Michaela (petitioner) filing for my husband. We married a little over three years ago in Sevilla and I am applying for an IR1 visa. 

My goal is to submit the I130 the second week of December. 

Anyone in the same boat? 

Un abrazo!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.