Ela G.

Any Spanish/American couples?

55 posts in this topic

On 11/19/2019 at 12:43 AM, Ela S. said:

Hola Maria! Encantada!! Nosotros estamos en NVC también pero con la K-1! Mandan nuestro caso a la embajada con suerte la próxima semana. A partir de ahora esperamos que todo fluya con más rapidez. Yo soy de Madrid :) 

Hola Ela! Mucha suerte. Yo hoy consegui la cita para el 5 de diciembre. Finalmente!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline

Hola!

I'm from Boston and my fiancé from Madrid. We just received the email that our i129f was approved! yay! Question about the affidavit of support .. how am I to fill out the form if my parents will be the joint sponsors? Thanks in advance!

Julia

• 1 month later...
Timeline

Hey there! 

I am wondering if you can help me and my fiance figure out the next step we are supposed to do, I have been asking around with no real clear answers. So I figured best to ask people who have just done it, glad I found this thread! So...we received the I 1797 Dec. 9th approving our K1 visa, and I was able to call the NVC on Jan 3rd and get our case number. I think I was able to track our case and it seems as it has arrived in Madrid on Jan 9th (not 100% sure about this.) Can you share with me what steps are to happen next? I am reading a million things and nothing seems concrete. Any information would be incredibly helpful.

Thank you!
Sarah & Juan Antonio 

Timeline
On 1/19/2020 at 5:01 PM, SarahxRuby said:

Hey there! 

Can you share with me what steps are to happen next? I am reading a million things and nothing seems concrete. Any information would be incredibly helpful.

Thank you!
Sarah & Juan Antonio 

Hey, you guys,

Shipping dates in January are the 7th and the 21st. NVC assigned our case December 30th but we called NVC Jan 9th and they said it was not shipped yet.

When I took a look at other timelines I figured out that from the moment it is sent, the embassy receives it 2-3 days later, and more or less in a week, you get the letter from the embassy with the instructions. 

NVC should be able to tell you if your case has already been shipped or not. 

I hope it helps. 

Ángela & Sam

Timeline
2 minutes ago, ARs said:

Hey, you guys,

Shipping dates in January are the 7th and the 21st. NVC assigned our case December 30th but we called NVC Jan 9th and they said it was not shipped yet.

When I took a look at other timelines I figured out that from the moment it is sent, the embassy receives it 2-3 days later, and more or less in a week, you get the letter from the embassy with the instructions. 

NVC should be able to tell you if your case has already been shipped or not. 

I hope it helps. 

Ángela & Sam

Hey guys! 

Thanks for the response. If I find a moment tomorrow I am going to call the NVC and see if they can tell me anything. I have a feeling it must be shipping out tomorrow. I have seen that on other timelines as well now. I don't want to panic until I need to, hahaha. We are prepping all our paperwork now for the interview and the medical visit. I am not clear yet on what we need to send (copies or originals) and if they need to be in English or Spanish... but hopefully this is clear when the Madrid embassy contacts us. I am hoping that his interview isn't too far out... I miss him dearly. 

Thanks again! -Sarah 

Timeline
11 minutes ago, SarahxRuby said:

Hey guys!

Thanks again! -Sarah 

We were worried when we found out that our case wasn't sent yet, but apparently it is not rare. If it is not shipped this week, then I will probably freak out.

By your name I guess you are the American. Get your i-134 ready. You can find it on uscis.gov.

Bye for now

Edited by ARs

• 2 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...
Timeline

Wanted to bring this forum up... We're applying from Madrid embassy as well... from people's timelines it looks like there have been 0 interviews conducted for k1 since March of 2020????

We received NOA1 Oct 8, 2020... hoping there isn't a huge backlog when interviews (whenever that is going to be :l) won't press things further back!! Any ideas?? Anyone getting interviews scheduled at any embassies in spain??

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline
On 1/26/2021 at 12:52 PM, NB5347 said:

Wanted to bring this forum up... We're applying from Madrid embassy as well... from people's timelines it looks like there have been 0 interviews conducted for k1 since March of 2020????

We received NOA1 Oct 8, 2020... hoping there isn't a huge backlog when interviews (whenever that is going to be :l) won't press things further back!! Any ideas?? Anyone getting interviews scheduled at any embassies in spain??

The US has not allowed non-immigrant visa-holders from Europe to enter for quite a long time. K-1 is a non-immigrant visa. Also, I haven't been following closely through 2020, but the embassy has been doing few-to-no visa interviews, and K-1 is, unfortunately, a lower priority than reuniting spouses or giving work visas to medical personal. And there is no point in issuing the visa, as it has a short time-limit and the person cannot enter the US currently.

Edited by Esponjoso
clarification

Marriage: 2019-01-10

I-130 NOA1: 2019-02-15

I-129f Notice Date: 2019-07-11

I-130 Approved, NOA2: 2019-08-08 (170 days)

Sent to NVC: 2019-09-03

NVC case number: 2019-10-04

Submitted document to NVC: 2019-10-22

CC/DQ: 2019-11-18

Embassy interview: 2020-01-18

(all dates in yyyy-mm-dd)

• 1 month later...
56 minutes ago, TenderHearted said:

One more to add to American / Spanish couples! My long time fiance and I married in early November when she was here (I live in Tennessee), and so we are in the process of getting our CR-1 paperwork completed, to start the Spousal visa process. Anyone close to East TN?

I went thru that one year and  half ago. I live in Nashville . Happy to help if i can 

Timeline

We'll keep in touch, and I might have some questions for you as well. We just want to get through this visa process as soon as we can.

6 minutes ago, Maria66 said:

I went thru that one year and  half ago. I live in Nashville . Happy to help if i can 

We'll keep in touch, and I might have some questions for you as well. We just want to get through this visa process as soon as we can.

4 minutes ago, TenderHearted said:

Its a long frustrating process. We were lucky we did it before covid. Maybe with new goverment it will be easier 

Timeline
3 hours ago, Maria66 said:

Its a long frustrating process. We were lucky we did it before covid. Maybe with new goverment it will be easier 

Maybe, but I'm not counting on it. It doesn't seem like they are too interested in the people trying to do things legally. There is not a lot of "heart" (compassion) in this process. It is stagnated in deep bureaucratic mire, and I'm not sure that they really want that to change. The only thing that might, is they have said they are looking into making changes allowing petitioned for persons to be able to join their SO's here in the US, after USCIS approves their petition. Whether that happens or not, we will see. I wouldn't bet a week of pay on the fact of that happening. But I'm glad you guys got yours done before the whole COVID mess. This has been a real nightmare!

Spain is one of the least immigrated from countries in Europe, if not the least per population. Most Spaniards simply do not wish to live here (or visit here for that matter as I can see), as they would rather move to a country closer to home, so they could make quick trips home and see their families, and I understand that. Home is where the heart is. But, there is a need for more Spaniards here, and perhaps that will work out in our favor shortly.

The ball is getting ready to start rolling soon, and I'm hoping to get this files next week sometime. I have to start working on the cover letter, and that's a little intimidating, but I'm looking into this now.

2 hours ago, TenderHearted said:

Maybe, but I'm not counting on it. It doesn't seem like they are too interested in the people trying to do things legally. There is not a lot of "heart" (compassion) in this process. It is stagnated in deep bureaucratic mire, and I'm not sure that they really want that to change. The only thing that might, is they have said they are looking into making changes allowing petitioned for persons to be able to join their SO's here in the US, after USCIS approves their petition. Whether that happens or not, we will see. I wouldn't bet a week of pay on the fact of that happening. But I'm glad you guys got yours done before the whole COVID mess. This has been a real nightmare!

Spain is one of the least immigrated from countries in Europe, if not the least per population. Most Spaniards simply do not wish to live here (or visit here for that matter as I can see), as they would rather move to a country closer to home, so they could make quick trips home and see their families, and I understand that. Home is where the heart is. But, there is a need for more Spaniards here, and perhaps that will work out in our favor shortly.

The ball is getting ready to start rolling soon, and I'm hoping to get this files next week sometime. I have to start working on the cover letter, and that's a little intimidating, but I'm looking into this now.

Mariasaldias@gmail.com this is my email. Lets keep talking there 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.