Sarah0610

Knightsbridge medical exam. Ds-160 or Ds-260?

10 posts in this topic

Hi everyone. I have just received an email confirming the appointment for my medical exam in knightsbridge. On the list of things to bring, it says form DS-260. I'm applying for the K1 Fiance Visa. Do I need form DS-160 OR DS-260? Just a little confused. Please help. Thank you :)

Edited by Sarah0610

You have to fill out the DS-160 for the K-1 visa, so that's what you have to bring. I presume it's a mistake from them, but I would just call them to clear things up.

That’s weird - I had my medical in July and it didn’t advise me to bring that form. I just doubled checked and nothing like that was requested from me. I wonder why they’ve introduced that?

For CR-1 they specify they’d like to see an official document that shows your case number: could it be that they want it for that reason? 

On 11/7/2019 at 7:49 AM, Melc said:

For CR-1 they specify they’d like to see an official document that shows your case number: could it be that they want it for that reason? 

For the K1, they also want to see your case number - but that’s the LDN number evidenced on your letter from the embassy or your email from NVC

Not it sure why they’d want to see your DS-160 - as I said, I definitely wasn’t requested to take mine or asked to produce it. Bizarre. @Wuozopo, any ideas?

The DS-260 is essentially the spousal version of the DS-160. It's listed on the required documents list because people who are applying for spousal visas attend the same medical. The DS-160 is the form for the K1 visa, and it isn't needed until the interview stage. I had my medical long before filling out the DS-160 and there was no issue. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
1 hour ago, Zoeeeeeee said:

For the K1, they also want to see your case number - but that’s the LDN number evidenced on your letter from the embassy or your email from NVC

Not it sure why they’d want to see your DS-160 - as I said, I definitely wasn’t requested to take mine or asked to produce it. Bizarre. @Wuozopo, any ideas?

Never heard of them asking for the visa application form (DS-260 or DS-160) at the medical. That wouldn't  verify the LNDxxxxxxxxx case number because the applicant fills it out. It' not official confirmation from the embassy or NVC. Can the OP post a screenshot of what it says?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
1 hour ago, Sarah0610 said:

Thank you all so much for your help! 

So I'm assuming I just need to letter or email with my case number on it? 

This is a screenshot of the email that I received.... 

Yes, confirmation of the LND number and ignore the DS-260.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.