msmariam

Immigration Medical Review - Dr. Lyndon Mascarenhas

9 posts in this topic

Hey everyone, 

Thought I would do a quick review of my experience with Dr. Lyndon Mascarenhas for the US immigration medical, as reading about other people’s experiences on here was really helpful to me. 

I received an email on October 15th saying my interview date had been scheduled for November 18th. That same day I emailed Dr. Lyndon Mascarenhas office and Dr. Ian Zatzman. I received a response back from both offices within a few hours. Dr. Lyndon’s office said they could fit me in October 21st at 2:15 pm, so I ended up finalizing an appointment with them. (Earliest appt available with Dr. Zatzman was Nov 5th). 

The actual medical was a breeze and super quick. Office was easy to find. I arrived around 1:30 pm and was asked to fill out some paperwork. I then provided one passport photo, my vaccine checklist and interview letter to the receptionist and was asked to take a seat. Around 2:00pm I was called into the room and was asked to fill out a questionnaire (had a bunch of yes or no health related questions on there). About 10 minutes later, Dr. Lyndon came in. He was super nice and friendly. Asked if I was healthy overall, to which I responded yes. He checked my blood pressure and asked about my profession. Whole thing took less than 5 minutes. He then handed me a blood sample test tube and urine sample bottle and some paperwork. Instructed me to go to the basement level for an X Ray and then LifeLabs around the corner for blood work/urine sample. 

I paid my fees (350 + 50 for courier + 1 for using a debit card = $401) with the receptionist and proceeded downstairs for the x-ray. I was in and out in 10-15 minutes as there wasn’t much of a wait. Then headed over to LifeLabs. It was quite busy at the time and I had to wait about 30 minutes. Not too bad. The actual sample collection took a few minutes. All in all, I finished everything by 3:15 pm. 

I received an email from the receptionist today that my results have been mailed out, with tracking info. It should arrive tomorrow. So I waited a total of 6-7 business days for my results to be processed and sent out. 

Overall, the process was much easier than expected. I’d highly recommend Dr. Lyndon Mascarenhas, his office was professional and seems to be well run. :) 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
On 11/4/2019 at 3:06 PM, Ptitchou said:

"bunch of yes or no health related questions"  -- Can you elaborate as to what kinds of questions these were? Anything stand out? 

I had my medical with him on Oct 31. My memory is foggy but I remember questions about diseases, HIV, heart health (I think!), pregnancy and details on pregnancies, surgeries you've had, medications etc. Very simple sheet, took about 2 minutes to fill out if you are in good health.

Filed: FB-4 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Does anyone who who they send the package by i mean if i want to get courier to my place the result do they use canada post or third party and what happen if i miss the delivery just want to make sure ahead of time so i can decide about using courier service or pick up by myself 

Thx in advance 

Timeline
2 hours ago, Nsk1433 said:

Does anyone who who they send the package by i mean if i want to get courier to my place the result do they use canada post or third party and what happen if i miss the delivery just want to make sure ahead of time so i can decide about using courier service or pick up by myself 

Thx in advance 

Purolator! I received mine yesterday! 😁 I asked the doctor if I wasn't home what would happen, he said they would leave a mail slip for you to pick it up at Canada post. 

Edited by klgck

Filed: FB-4 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
2 minutes ago, klgck said:

Purolator! I received mine yesterday! 😁 I asked the doctor if I wasn't home what would happen, he said they would leave a mail slip for you to pick up at Canada post. 

Thx for the information canada post location will work for me thx

• 1 year later...
Timeline

I had my medicals at Dr. Lyndon Mascarenhas on Aug 3 for K1 visa. It was very fast and simple and the doctor is too knowledgeable. I reached 10 mins before my appointment and they asked me to fill 3 forms with just basic questions about any disease or conditions along with covid questionnaire. Took me around 15 mins total at the doctors office where he attended me for like 5-7 mins explaining the X-ray and lab work and also took my blood pressure readings. Expect seeing the passport they did not any for any other piece of information. Everything you send by email is good enough, they did not ask even for photos. I paid 351 (1$ for debit card) in total for all the tests. I would highly recommend Dr. Lyndon Mascarenhas and his office, they are very professional and run it well. Overall process was much easier than expected. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.