10 posts in this topic

My imterview was yesterday. I gave them my civil documents at 11 and then i had to return at 1pm for my real interview. The interview was super nice, officers were super friendly and nice. The interview didn't take so long as I was expected. The CO at window 4 was very nice and patient to me and I felt so comfortable answering the questions and I felt likeย im talking to a friend of mine while giving some details to the answers. CO said your visa is ok to be issued and it will be issued within 10 business days, but 5 hours after I arrived home, charged my dead phone, and checked my CEAC, its under AP that takes several weeks.
ย My lawyer said its a routine AP. ( to me it sounds like everyone goes through this AP) I just want to know why the normal routinely AP and the ugly AP have the same names?! They should pick a nicer name for the routinely one!!๐Ÿ˜‘
But once I realised my original civil documents are with the embassy too and they didnt hand them back to me,ย I said maybe this is the reason for AP to check if my original documents are real or fake since I'm a refugee in NL and they assumeย all refugees are expert in faking documents. Well I feel being labled as a regugee is complicating so many things to me :( byย putting me in difficult situations๐Ÿ˜. Just cant wait to return to the states and get treated as a normal residence as I used to be. Should I just not worry about this AP or should I keep worrying?! I'm confused between the 2 kinds of APs. Tryna forget about it and not worry. I was super happy when the consular said its going to be issued within 10 days but that AP at my CEAC is telling me girl calm down don't be too excited not yet we are still working on this. ๐Ÿ˜ค
Any experience like this plz?! Why do some ppl never went through AP things?
And why do the US embassyย still have my Original Civil Documents?

ย 

ย 

Edited by Ajk3visa

Filed: EB-3 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
10 minutes ago, Ajk3visa said:

its under AP that takes several weeks.

There are a lot of different processes the fall under the term Administrative Processing, everything from extra background checks to the person prepping the visa for printing. EVERYONE will go through some sort of AP. AP can be a couple hours to day, weeks, months, years. For the vast majority of the people it is on the shorter end of the spectrum. If you come from a country that falls under high fraud, or where the US does not accept their police certificates for example, the AP can be on the longer end of the spectrum.ย 

ย 

If you weren't issued a 221(g) for extra documents there is nothing else for you to do at this point. So no you should not keep worrying. Its not good for your health. If they kept your original documents, you should be receiving them when you get your visa packet.

1 minute ago, designguy said:

There are a lot of different processes the fall under the term Administrative Processing, everything from extra background checks to the person prepping the visa for printing. EVERYONE will go through some sort of AP. AP can be a couple hours to day, weeks, months, years. For the vast majority of the people it is on the shorter end of the spectrum. If you come from a country that falls under high fraud, or where the US does not accept their police certificates for example, the AP can be on the longer end of the spectrum.ย 

ย 

If you weren't issued a 221(g) for extra documents there is nothing else for you to do at this point. So no you should not keep worrying. Its not good for your health. If they kept your original documents, you should be receiving them when you get your visa packet.

Thank you so much. But I'm from Saudi Arabia and living in Netherlands and i couldn't get my Saudi police certificate and my original BC. So o submitted waivers for those 2 missing documents and NVC and US embassy accepted the waivers. They also told me we have all your civil documents. They didn't ask for more documents. They didn't give me any letters. So they seemed satisfied of what Iย provided to them. So yes I hope my AP takes so short. Actually at window 1 when they collected my civil documents and told me we have all your original Civil documents they told me when your visa get approved you have to leave before the visa get expired in 2022. Then in window 4 after the interview the COย said ypur visa is ok to be issued. What Iย heard from Consulers made me feel relaxed but the AP at CEAC is making me nervouse. But hopefully ot doenst take so long. Thank you for your reply, its helping me not to wprry.ย 

Filed: EB-3 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
4 minutes ago, Ajk3visa said:

your visa get approved you have to leave before the visa get expired in 2022

Not sure what you mean with this. There is no immigrant visa that could be issued today that will expire in 2022. The visa will expire at the latest 6 months after your medical exam.

Just now, designguy said:

Not sure what you mean with this. There is no immigrant visa that could be issued today that will expire in 2022. The visa will expire at the latest 6 months after your medical exam.

Maybe i misheard her. She told me the visa expiration date. Maybe she said April/22/ 2020 but I issued 2022.ย 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: France
Timeline
3 hours ago, Ajk3visa said:

My imterview was yesterday. I gave them my civil documents at 11 and then i had to return at 1pm for my real interview. The interview was super nice, officers were super friendly and nice. The interview didn't take so long as I was expected. The CO at window 4 was very nice and patient to me and I felt so comfortable answering the questions and I felt likeย im talking to a friend of mine while giving some details to the answers. CO said your visa is ok to be issued and it will be issued within 10 business days, but 5 hours after I arrived home, charged my dead phone, and checked my CEAC, its under AP that takes several weeks.
ย My lawyer said its a routine AP. ( to me it sounds like everyone goes through this AP) I just want to know why the normal routinely AP and the ugly AP have the same names?! They should pick a nicer name for the routinely one!!๐Ÿ˜‘
But once I realised my original civil documents are with the embassy too and they didnt hand them back to me,ย I said maybe this is the reason for AP to check if my original documents are real or fake since I'm a refugee in NL and they assumeย all refugees are expert in faking documents. Well I feel being labled as a regugee is complicating so many things to me :( byย putting me in difficult situations๐Ÿ˜. Just cant wait to return to the states and get treated as a normal residence as I used to be. Should I just not worry about this AP or should I keep worrying?! I'm confused between the 2 kinds of APs. Tryna forget about it and not worry. I was super happy when the consular said its going to be issued within 10 days but that AP at my CEAC is telling me girl calm down don't be too excited not yet we are still working on this. ๐Ÿ˜ค
Any experience like this plz?! Why do some ppl never went through AP things?
And why do the US embassyย still have my Original Civil Documents?

ย 

ย 

Just have a look on this pageย ย https://jp.usembassy.gov/visas/nonimmigrant-visas/visa-status-check/ย  and you could read that's the normal process... ours were also on AP for a while and after one week got issued.

40 minutes ago, He and I said:

Just have a look on this pageย ย https://jp.usembassy.gov/visas/nonimmigrant-visas/visa-status-check/ย  and you could read that's the normal process... ours were also on AP for a while and after one week got issued.

THANK YOU SO MUCH. now I'm 100% sure and relaxed ๐Ÿ˜Š.ย 

On 10/30/2019 at 2:21 PM, He and I said:

But i just realised this link only talks about the NIV.mine is IV.ย 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: France
Timeline
6 minutes ago, Ajk3visa said:

But i just realised this link only talks about the NIV.mine is IV.ย 

Yes but that's the same : K1 visa is considered as IV even if at the beginning it's a NIV... So must be the same for yours, i guess.

44 minutes ago, He and I said:

Yes but that's the same : K1 visa is considered as IV even if at the beginning it's a NIV... So must be the same for yours, i guess.

Thanks a lot. My visa was just issued today ๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜…. Congratulate me. I'm so happy right now.FINALLY.ย 

ย 
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.