Jump to content
Khufu61

Wrong Eligibility Category for Employment Authorization

23 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, Khufu61 said:

I just realized I put the wrong category on my Application For Employment Authorization on number 27.I put A6 instead of C9.What should I do?My application was received Oct 2,2019.

It will be rejected due to incorrect fee payment if you only submitted $1225

Edited by payxibka

YMMV

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Toastbear said:

Nothing. If they reject it, they will just send it back and you can file again!

If they send it back,would I have to pay since it was sent with my AOS submission originally?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Khufu61 said:

If they send it back,would I have to pay since it was sent with my AOS submission originally?

They will send back the whole package, because the payment is wrong. So they are not charging you at all.

Edited by Toastbear

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Khufu61 said:

If they send it back,would I have to pay since it was sent with my AOS submission originally?

In the off chance they accepted the i485, then you resubmit the corrected i765 with the NOA1 from the i485 showing that the case accepted


YMMV

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Khufu61 said:

Ok.Thanks!

Sure, no problem....After all, what is another month or soB-) delay in the grand scheme of current AOS/EAD processing times? 


Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/28/2019 at 10:29 AM, Khufu61 said:

Ok.Thanks!

would you keep us posted of the situation please? i recently filed the AOS with I-765 as well but i notice that i put the incorrect eligibility category as well while USCIS haven't confirm receipt my application yet. 

i try to look up online for the solution and i saw ppl said that USCIS will sometimes make the necessary adjustment. ref. as below link. 

 

https://www.avvo.com/legal-answers/i-filled-a-wrong-eligibility-category-on-our-i-765-3577398.html

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Kitty C. said:

would you keep us posted of the situation please? i recently filed the AOS with I-765 as well but i notice that i put the incorrect eligibility category as well while USCIS haven't confirm receipt my application yet. 

i try to look up online for the solution and i saw ppl said that USCIS will sometimes make the necessary adjustment. ref. as below link. 

 

https://www.avvo.com/legal-answers/i-filled-a-wrong-eligibility-category-on-our-i-765-3577398.html

I called USCIS and was told to write a letter and send to the address on the NOA.She told me to write,"I made a mistake on the Eligibility Category and could you change it to C9.She also told me to have my wife sign it and that's what I did.....Hope this works.... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Khufu61 said:

I called USCIS and was told to write a letter and send to the address on the NOA.She told me to write,"I made a mistake on the Eligibility Category and could you change it to C9.She also told me to have my wife sign it and that's what I did.....Hope this works.... 

Did you actually get an NOA1 for the i765?


YMMV

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -


Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
×
×
  • Create New...