12 posts in this topic

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Thanks for sharing your story! Fellow Canadian K1 person here. About to be married in December!

Can you please share the general text of your cover letter? Also, in the job offer letter, did your company say the job offer was conditional on you receiving the EAD? Thanks!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
18 hours ago, Cfgund said:

Thanks for sharing your story! Fellow Canadian K1 person here. About to be married in December!

Can you please share the general text of your cover letter? Also, in the job offer letter, did your company say the job offer was conditional on you receiving the EAD? Thanks!

Hi there!

Congratulations on your upcoming nuptials!!

In the job letter the company did mention that the job offer was conditional based on me receiving my EAD in a timely manner. They had stated 14 days... it did take longer but they used the 14 days as almost a push for the expedite to happen faster.

This is what the letter that the Controller sent me to include in my EAD expedite:

To Whom it May Concern:

My name is [Name] and I am the Controller and Hiring Manager for a Senior Property Accountant Role at [Company]. I am writing this letter on behalf of [Name], at your request, to specify our interest in her employment. This role has been vacant for approximately 3 months. I have interviewed several different candidates and have reviewed well over 50 resumes for this role. [Name] resume and performance during her interview was far superior to any of the other candidates. 

Our company is a property management company. [Name] has performed property management accounting functions for the past 7+ years. Of all of our candidates, she was the single candidate that had both property management accounting experience as well as experience with Yardi, our enterprise operations system. Having both of these tools on her resume, makes her an exceptional candidate and allows us to hire someone who should be able to jump right into the role and assume responsibilities faster than an inexperienced accountant.

If we are unable to offer employment to [Name], it would be extremely disappointing and costly in additional advertising, as well as training costs, as I would need to accept a candidate without the same level of experience. 

I am happy to discuss this with you further if necessary. Feel free to contact me [Phone] or by email .

Hopefully this helps! If you have any more questions don't hesitate to ask!!

Spoiler

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Two Countries, One Love

• 3 months later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Argentina
Timeline

Hi! May I ask how long it took for your case status to get updated from “case is ready to be scheduled for interview“ to “interview has been scheduled“? My local office is Albany as well and there are not too many people applying there on VJ. PS. I know it’s not the correct section for the topic, but I read you applied at the same location 😅 Thanks in advance!

Timeline
11 hours ago, Denisse G said:

Hi! May I ask how long it took for your case status to get updated from “case is ready to be scheduled for interview“ to “interview has been scheduled“? My local office is Albany as well and there are not too many people applying there on VJ. PS. I know it’s not the correct section for the topic, but I read you applied at the same location 😅 Thanks in advance!

Hey hey 

september 19, 2019 ready to be scheduled for interview

february 22, 2020interview has been scheduled 

Best wishes! 

Spoiler

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Two Countries, One Love

On 2/27/2020 at 6:32 AM, sweethrtt said:

september 19, 2019 ready to be scheduled for interview

february 22, 2020interview has been scheduled 

Hey there! 

I know this is off topic, but by this, does that mean the time it took for your AOS interview from the date of filing was 5 months? If so, is that the norm now? because I was told AOS could take up to 9-12 months. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Argentina
Timeline
5 hours ago, 2019&beyond said:

Hey there! 

I know this is off topic, but by this, does that mean the time it took for your AOS interview from the date of filing was 5 months? If so, is that the norm now? because I was told AOS could take up to 9-12 months. 

Hi! No, we are talking since the case was already reviewed. I submitted in November, and I got the notification that the case was reviewed and ready to be scheduled for interview in February. From there it apparently takes about 5 months to get the interview scheduled (at least in Albany). So yes, it probably takes between 9-12 months total.

Timeline
5 hours ago, 2019&beyond said:

Hey there! 

I sent my AOS in July, Biometrics was on August, Ready to be scheduled for Interview was September and my interview is in March: total time 9 months

Spoiler

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Two Countries, One Love

Timeline
1 hour ago, Mili&Rob said:

Hey,

I realise this was a few months ago now, but did you have to submit any evidence of financial hardship for yourself?

I did not.

Spoiler

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Two Countries, One Love

• 7 months later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.