4 posts in this topic

Evening All!

Forgive me if this is in the wrong section. If it is could someone kindly move it to the right one? Thanks!

I would like to go ahead and give some background on my immigration process thus far: I moved to New York on June 14th via K1 visa. Got married to my LOVE ❤️ on July 1st (Canada Day! lol), and sent my AOS package along with the EAD and AP on July 9, 2019 to the National Benefits Center. NOA 1 dated July 15, 2019, Bio-metrics was done on August 5, 2019. My field office is Albany, New York.

A few weeks back I was on indeed looking at jobs curious to see if I would find my particular job available in the area that I'm living. I was checking periodically before and never had any luck finding my particular position: Senior Property Accountant. I was worried that I was in a niche career and that I wouldn't be able to find my positions since the area I live in generally doesn't have loads of condominiums/residential buildings which means they have 0 need for Property Management Firms and that I was going to have to settle with choosing a different path for my career once I received the EAD. The thought of downgrading position and work experience was not sitting well with me (even though it was my choice, so I'd have to live with it regardless). Well it happened I found the position I had been hoping I'd find: Senior Property Accountant at a nationally recognized company. So I thought "what the heck, let me apply". After waiting a few days I received an email to come in for an Interview. Well my interview went perfect and even before she did her final interview she sent me a tentative job offer contingent on getting my EAD expedited. 

So here comes the rest:

October 1, 2019 - called USCIS and requested the EAD expedite

October 4, 2019 - received email to send in additional documents

October 9, 2019 - faxed in cover letter from Company describing position and reason for wanting them to expedite the EAD, job offer, job posting from indeed, and a copy of my resume

October 17, 2019 - notification that they received my documents

October 24, 2019 - notification that CARD IS BEING PRODUCED!!!! :dance:

I requested the expedite based on financial hardship to the company. But I'll be honest it wasn't extreme urgent need, at least it wasn't explained that way in their cover letter. I was honestly worried that I wasn't going to get it and my only opportunity to work in my same field was going to slip right past me. But it happened, I got lucky, and they approved my EAD expedite. I should receive the card soon! I just can't believe it!

I'm writing this to give others hope that you can do it too, so long as you provide them with what they are looking for. I am living proof that there is no harm in asking, it's a testament to all those out there that it truly never hurts to try. You literally have nothing to lose.

Okay excited rant over... lol

If you have any questions on the process or anything at all please ask. I'd be more than happy to help!!

If it wasn't for visajourney I wouldn't have been able to make it through this far so this a big THANK YOU to everyone out there on this beautiful forum!

Spoiler

August 2011 - Met for the first time online at Blue Jays Fan Forum

November 21, 2017 ~ Re-connected & Started Dating Again 💘

July 21, 2018 ~ Engaged ❤️❤️

July 30, 2018 ~ I-129F Petition mailed to Dallas, Texas Lockbox

August 6, 2018 ~ NOA1

September 14, 2018 ~ TOUCHED!

January 10, 2019 ~ RFE :(  (Sent the wrong Birth Certificate - MY MISTAKE)

January 24, 2019 ~ RFE Reply Received (Sent Certified Birth Certificate from State of New York)

January 30, 2019 ~ NOA2 - APPROVED!!!!! 😍

February 28, 2018 ~ NVC Received Case

March 4, 2019 ~ NVC # & Invoice # Assigned

March 19, 2019 ~ On its way to Montreal Consulate 👏

March 21, 2019 ~ Arrived at Montreal Consulate ☺️

April 1, 2019 ~ CEAC status changed to READY at Consulate!

April 2, 2019 ~ Sent in Packet 3

April 3, 2019 ~ Received Packet 4

May 6, 2019 ~ Medical

May 22, 2019 ~ INTERVIEW!!!! ❤️ APPROVED!!!! :dance:

May 23, 2019 ~ CEAC changed to ISSUED (received tracking number)

May 24, 2019 ~ VISA in HAND!!!!!!! 😍

June 14, 2019 ~ Crossed into the USA via Lewiston/Queenston Bridge in Buffalo 🥰

July 1, 2019 ~ MARRIED to the Love of my Life ❤️

July 9, 2019 ~ Sent in I-485, I-131, I-765 to Chicago, Illinois Lockbox

July 15, 2019 ~ NOA1 for I-485, I-131, and I-1765

August 5, 2019 ~ Biometrics Appointment at Albany USCIS field office

September 18, 2019 ~ Status updated to "Ready to Schedule Interview"

October 1, 2019 ~ called USCIS and requested the EAD expedite based on pending job offer

October 4, 2019 ~ received email to send in additional documents

October 9, 2019 ~ faxed in cover letter from Company describing position and reason for wanting them to expedite the EAD, job offer, job posting from indeed, and a copy of my resume

October 17, 2019 ~ notification that they received my documents

October 24, 2019 ~ notification that CARD IS BEING PRODUCED!!!! :dance:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Two Countries, One Love

18 hours ago, Cfgund said:

Thanks for sharing your story! Fellow Canadian K1 person here. About to be married in December!

Can you please share the general text of your cover letter? Also, in the job offer letter, did your company say the job offer was conditional on you receiving the EAD? Thanks!

Hi there!

Congratulations on your upcoming nuptials!!

In the job letter the company did mention that the job offer was conditional based on me receiving my EAD in a timely manner. They had stated 14 days... it did take longer but they used the 14 days as almost a push for the expedite to happen faster.

This is what the letter that the Controller sent me to include in my EAD expedite:

To Whom it May Concern:

My name is [Name] and I am the Controller and Hiring Manager for a Senior Property Accountant Role at [Company]. I am writing this letter on behalf of [Name], at your request, to specify our interest in her employment. This role has been vacant for approximately 3 months. I have interviewed several different candidates and have reviewed well over 50 resumes for this role. [Name] resume and performance during her interview was far superior to any of the other candidates. 

Our company is a property management company. [Name] has performed property management accounting functions for the past 7+ years. Of all of our candidates, she was the single candidate that had both property management accounting experience as well as experience with Yardi, our enterprise operations system. Having both of these tools on her resume, makes her an exceptional candidate and allows us to hire someone who should be able to jump right into the role and assume responsibilities faster than an inexperienced accountant.

If we are unable to offer employment to [Name], it would be extremely disappointing and costly in additional advertising, as well as training costs, as I would need to accept a candidate without the same level of experience. 

I am happy to discuss this with you further if necessary. Feel free to contact me [Phone] or by email .

Hopefully this helps! If you have any more questions don't hesitate to ask!!

Spoiler

August 2011 - Met for the first time online at Blue Jays Fan Forum

November 21, 2017 ~ Re-connected & Started Dating Again 💘

July 21, 2018 ~ Engaged ❤️❤️

July 30, 2018 ~ I-129F Petition mailed to Dallas, Texas Lockbox

August 6, 2018 ~ NOA1

September 14, 2018 ~ TOUCHED!

January 10, 2019 ~ RFE :(  (Sent the wrong Birth Certificate - MY MISTAKE)

January 24, 2019 ~ RFE Reply Received (Sent Certified Birth Certificate from State of New York)

January 30, 2019 ~ NOA2 - APPROVED!!!!! 😍

February 28, 2018 ~ NVC Received Case

March 4, 2019 ~ NVC # & Invoice # Assigned

March 19, 2019 ~ On its way to Montreal Consulate 👏

March 21, 2019 ~ Arrived at Montreal Consulate ☺️

April 1, 2019 ~ CEAC status changed to READY at Consulate!

April 2, 2019 ~ Sent in Packet 3

April 3, 2019 ~ Received Packet 4

May 6, 2019 ~ Medical

May 22, 2019 ~ INTERVIEW!!!! ❤️ APPROVED!!!! :dance:

May 23, 2019 ~ CEAC changed to ISSUED (received tracking number)

May 24, 2019 ~ VISA in HAND!!!!!!! 😍

June 14, 2019 ~ Crossed into the USA via Lewiston/Queenston Bridge in Buffalo 🥰

July 1, 2019 ~ MARRIED to the Love of my Life ❤️

July 9, 2019 ~ Sent in I-485, I-131, I-765 to Chicago, Illinois Lockbox

July 15, 2019 ~ NOA1 for I-485, I-131, and I-1765

August 5, 2019 ~ Biometrics Appointment at Albany USCIS field office

September 18, 2019 ~ Status updated to "Ready to Schedule Interview"

October 1, 2019 ~ called USCIS and requested the EAD expedite based on pending job offer

October 4, 2019 ~ received email to send in additional documents

October 9, 2019 ~ faxed in cover letter from Company describing position and reason for wanting them to expedite the EAD, job offer, job posting from indeed, and a copy of my resume

October 17, 2019 ~ notification that they received my documents

October 24, 2019 ~ notification that CARD IS BEING PRODUCED!!!! :dance:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Two Countries, One Love

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.