Senior Frog

23 years age gap MENA CR-1 chances ?

11 posts in this topic

i'm a husband for US citizen woman with 23 age gap (she older) and she have 2 kinds 17,18 we planing to apply for CR-1 visa

(i think its huge red flag)

but on the another hand we are:

@ both Middle Easterner 

@ both speaking Arabic native language
@ both 
Muslims

@ both have same level education

i have fears that we got rejected i don't know what to do please any advice will be very helpful

here is the story we knew each other in 2012 and she was married from another man
then we keep in communication from that date until now (daily chat and calls approximately) and there is the timeline:

@ 2012 we know each other for first time on internet (we were friends nothing more)

@ 2015 (total 18 days) she came to see me face to face (1st time face to face meet)

2016 she had divorced (it seems to you like i caused the divorce but this not most likely true)

2019 (total 16 days) she came to see me face to face & married couple (2nd time face to face meet)

%note%: we contacted a lawyer and he advice us to get married and go for CR-1 better that K-1 visa since i live in MENA country.

now the questions are:

- all the evidence (flight, hotels, chat log) that before she divorce would be a problem if we consider it inside application 

- or should we build our case like after 2016 (it will be like first visit marriage) 

- how you advice me to arrange my evidences

thanks in advance...

Edited by Senior Frog

50 minutes ago, Senior Frog said:

i'm a husband for US citizen woman with 23 age gap (she older) and she have 2 kinds 17,18 we planing to apply for CR-1 visa

(i think its huge red flag)

but on the another hand we are:

@ both Middle Easterner 

@ both speaking Arabic native language
@ both 
Muslims

@ both have same level education

i have fears that we got rejected i don't know what to do please any advice will be very helpful

here is the story we knew each other in 2012 and she was married from another man
then we keep in communication from that date until now (daily chat and calls approximately) and there is the timeline:

@ 2012 we know each other for first time on internet (we were friends nothing more)

@ 2015 (total 18 days) she came to see me face to face (1st time face to face meet)

2016 she had divorced (it seems to you like i caused the divorce but this not most likely true)

2019 (total 16 days) she came to see me face to face & married couple (2nd time face to face meet)

%note%: we contacted a lawyer and he advice us to get married and go for CR-1 better that K-1 visa since i live in MENA country.

now the questions are:

- all the evidence (flight, hotels, chat log) that before she divorce would be a problem if we consider it inside application 

- or should we build our case like after 2016 (it will be like first visit marriage) 

- how you advice me to arrange my evidences

thanks in advance...

Honestly yes the age gap is an issue in the MENA region. But with everything else you have going for you it is a small an issue. 

The vast majority of issues in conjunction with the age gap are usually: 

The couple do not both speak Arabic

The woman is usually White and Non-Muslim

The younger man usually doesn't have much of a education while the woman does. 

Edited by Cyberfx1024

3 minutes ago, Cyberfx1024 said:

Honestly yes the age gap is an issue in the MENA region. But with everything else you have going for you it is a small an issue. 

The vast majority of issues in conjunction with the age gap are usually: 

The couple do not both speak Arabic

The woman is usually White and Non-Muslim

The younger man usually doesn't have much of a education while the woman does. 

i really appreciate your reply, can't explain how it's really made me comfort.
i'm trying to find a strategy to build up a good solid evidences to beat age gap flag.
thank you.

14 hours ago, Senior Frog said:

any advises anyone ?

Lots of in-person visits is your best chance.

31 minutes ago, Jorgedig said:

Lots of in-person visits is your best chance.

she visited me twice once in 2014 2nd in 2019 (2nd visit married)
she planning to visit me after applying to the CR-1 visa and before the interview in 2020 with her kids
is this looks enough good?

Edited by Senior Frog

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
10 minutes ago, Senior Frog said:

she visited me twice once in 2014 2nd in 2019 (2nd visit married)
she planning to visit me after applying to the CR-1 visa and before the interview in 2020 with her kids
is this looks enough good?

No one here can tell you if this is enough..but the more visits the better 

Filed: EB-3 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
On 10/24/2019 at 2:03 AM, Senior Frog said:

What is your age now?

Edited by designguy

58 minutes ago, Lil bear said:

No one here can tell you if this is enough..but the more visits the better 

i know but i mean compared with other cases
it would be a normal or red flag when it comes for visits and face to face meetings?
and is her visit with her kids (17 and 18 years old) to me good sign for bona fide marriage?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
4 hours ago, Senior Frog said:

i know but i mean compared with other cases
it would be a normal or red flag when it comes for visits and face to face meetings?
and is her visit with her kids (17 and 18 years old) to me good sign for bona fide marriage?

No one can tell you how the CO will assess the case at interview. No two cases can be compared. Two things .. 

1. you have met the minimum requirements 

2. if you are able to make extra visits that would be beneficial ... if you can’t then you can’t. Submit it with what you have and deal with the outcome when it happens 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.