lawh

Visa Approved but Doctor wants to send to a Psychologist with no Medical Reason or Find

21 posts in this topic

If your husband’s behavior was enough to warrant some extra psych checks in their eyes, it doesn’t matter if you don’t agree. That is your situation now. I’m sure these people aren’t sitting around adding extra work to their caseloads for fun what, fun? 

You need to do what they ask and do it correctly in order for your husband to obtain obtain his visa. You have a clear path forward and steps to take. I’d prefer that to being in AP for weeks/months without any concrete reason.

~*INTENT IS DETERMINED AT POE*~

Forever wishing for an eye-roll reaction.

K-1 Visa~
9/28/2015 - I-129f Packet Mailed to Texas Lockbox
10/1/2015 - NOA 1 Email - I-129f sent to California Service Center
10/8/2015 - NOA 1 Hard Copy
10/27/2015 - NOA 2
11/21/2015 - Packet 3 Received
1/08/2916 - Medical! Lots of jabs >.>
2/23/2016 - APPROVED!
6/20/2016 - POE
7/29/2016 - Married ❤️

~*Approval 146 Days from NOA1*~

AOS ~
9/9/2016 - AOS/AP/EAD packet mailed to Chicago Lockbox
9/11/2016 - Delivered to Chicago Lockbox
9/20/2016 - Received Text/Email NOA1
9/23/2016 - Hard Copy NOA1s
10/12/2016 - Biometrics Appointment
11/04/2016 - AP Status "Approved" EAD "Date of Birth Updated"
11/18/2016 - Received EAD/AP Combo Card!
12/23/2016 - Received Green Card

~*Green Card 95 Days from NOA1*~

ROC~

10/12/2018 - Mailed ROC Packet

11/8/2018 - NOA-1 

7/5/2019 - Biometrics

~*STILL WAITING 607+ Days since NOA*~

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Honduras
Timeline
13 hours ago, lawh said:

We received notice that my husbands interview was 10/18/19 in Tegucigalpa, Honduras. He arrived 10/9 and had his medical appt 10/10. He passed the medical exams. He went to the embassy and his visa was approved, except the agent said he never received his medical history. He was given back his passport and told we would receive an email with instructions on getting his visa once they received his medical history. My husband went back to the doctor and was told its not a big deal but I want you to see a psychologist. My husband passed everything....he has no criminal record in Honduras or the US, no DUI no history whatsoever of anything mental. The doctor said a request was sent to the embassy for a referral, but that was over a week ago. I was told once approved the embassy is pretty quick with stuff and they don't like to hold people up from traveling especially to get back to their families. What can we do? How do I know if a request was even sent to the embassy? It is very dangerous right now and my husband is scared they will close the embassy. Can anyone help?

This also happened to my husband. We are now 3 months waiting for the Dr. to send the Embassy his medical exam. The Dr. informed my husband that he would, but when we went to the interview the exam was not there. My husband was also handed back his passport. Who was his Dr? My husband went to SPS for his medical exam because it was closer to his home. Please let me know what you find out. I am planning to make a phone call to the Dr. soon. My husband's medical record expires in January. They wouldn't close the Embassy would they? 

Edited by Alex&Jen

2 hours ago, Alex&Jen said:

They wouldn't close the Embassy would they? 

If they close the visa units, then they'll move the cases to neighboring countries. Examples:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
21 hours ago, lawh said:

the only thing we can think of is he got upset with the assistants/receptionists and they were telling him to calm down, but I know my husband ...even upset he is not violent or aggressive. 

If he displayed just abit of aggression, anger or even seem pissed.. The hospital or embassy can request physiological evaluation... That is why one has to be as meek as a lamb and be all smiles... Your approval is important to you... And they don't care how your feel. 

Speak the truth even if your voice shakes

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Honduras
Timeline
14 hours ago, lawh said:

What did the doctor say the reason was for not sending in the medical history?

my husband went to Tegucigalpa doctor and is there waiting.

Well, our case is a bit different. My husband was completely honest about drug use 10 years ago. However, even after telling the Dr. that during the medical exam, the Dr. still said he would send the medical in time for his interview. We are still waiting for the Dr. to send the exam to the Embassy. The Dr. did request drug tests to be completed and my husband is clean, so it is just a waiting game now. 

14 hours ago, HRQX said:

Wow...that is sad! It makes it that much more difficult to get visa's. I hope our Embassy doesn't close. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.