Life is Life

Health Insurance for Immigration

9 posts in this topic

Hi. First let me start off by saying that my wife got denied for her CR1 Visa on September 30th (from the US Embassy in Ghana), and our case is undergoing a consular return. Anyway, my question is, when my wife finally does get approved for her visa, what does she need to do in order to prove that she will be covered by Health Insurance within 30 days of entering the US??? If I have to cover her under my plan, I have my plan through the marketplace (the healthcare site). Is that an acceptable form of health insurance for immigration purposes? If not, then what is??? Thank you...

3 minutes ago, Travel is life said:

Hi. First let me start off by saying that my wife got denied for her CR1 Visa on September 30th (from the US Embassy in Ghana), and our case is undergoing a consular return. Anyway, my question is, when my wife finally does get approved for her visa, what does she need to do in order to prove that she will be covered by Health Insurance within 30 days of entering the US??? If I have to cover her under my plan, I have my plan through the marketplace (the healthcare site). Is that an acceptable form of health insurance for immigration purposes? If not, then what is??? Thank you...

I wouldn’t worry about that at this time. There’ll lawsuits up the yin yang on that healthcare rule that a judge is gonna throw an injunction on it until the courts battles are finished, which will take years.

13 minutes ago, USS_Voyager said:

I wouldn’t worry about that at this time. There’ll lawsuits up the yin yang on that healthcare rule that a judge is gonna throw an injunction on it until the courts battles are finished, which will take years.

I thought it still might be good to know these things, especially if it does come into law anytime soon. Do you have any answers for this (how a spouse can prove that they will be covered by health insurance within 30 days of entering the US, and if an insurance plan from the marketplace/healthcare site is acceptable for immigration purposes)? Thanks you...

Filed: EB-3 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

Why was she denied 

edit: just saw your other posts. You seem very concerned about the wrong things at the moment. Your focus should be on spending more face to face time together and commingling your finances 

Edited by designguy

On 10/22/2019 at 12:56 AM, designguy said:

Why was she denied 

edit: just saw your other posts. You seem very concerned about the wrong things at the moment. Your focus should be on spending more face to face time together and commingling your finances 

Well, I would like to know ahead of time what my wife would have to do to prove that she will be covered by health insurance within 30 days of entering the US... and if me having a health insurance plan through the marketplace would be acceptable for her, for immigration purposes. I know I’m thinking ahead here, but I have plenty of evidence to give if I’m asked for more evidence of a bona fide marriage. I went to Ghana six times in the last two years, and we have plenty of photos together and with members of her family, plus I have plenty of receipts from money I’ve wired her... and not a day goes by where we don’t talk... 

Filed: EB-3 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
5 hours ago, Travel is life said:

Well, I would like to know ahead of time what my wife would have to do to prove that she will be covered by health insurance within 30 days of entering the US... and if me having a health insurance plan through the marketplace would be acceptable for her, for immigration purposes. I know I’m thinking ahead here, but I have plenty of evidence to give if I’m asked for more evidence of a bona fide marriage. I went to Ghana six times in the last two years, and we have plenty of photos together and with members of her family, plus I have plenty of receipts from money I’ve wired her... and not a day goes by where we don’t talk... 

it’s possible there will be some legal action taken against the requirement by the time your wife enters. However adding her to your plan should be sufficient based on the current requirement 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline
On 10/22/2019 at 5:52 AM, Travel is life said:

There’s a lady whose husband got approved CR1 at Ghana embassy and they were asked for proof of medical cover and she had sent her husband a letter from her employer stating that she will be able to add her husband when he reaches in the states.

im about to go for my interview and so my husband sent me one too because apparently he ain’t able to add me yet until I’m there. 

I hope this helps.

So, could you help me understand your experience and why your CR1 was denied?

im doing Nairobi embassy.

and btw, there’s an African group on fb very supportive, it’s called “African K1/CR1 visa and AOS process” if you care to join.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.