Miss daley

Ban for weed

18 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Just wondering what would happen if you were put on a one year ban for weed and failed the first random drug test but passed the rest,what would happen? What would be the best thing to do ? Should you wait from the last failed drug test to continue the pricess with the embass? K1 visa

* Moved from K-1 Progress Reports to Process & Procedures *

* Removed duplicate post *

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

He needs to show one year clean, so I would say one year from the first clean test and then start the process, but there are no rules about a failed 1st test that I know about.  It is up to the embassy

Phase I - IV - Completed the Immigration Journey 

Timeline

So if he got the letter from the embassy end of september and took it to the panel physican, had his first test in october but failed than  he should wait till he passed the next test for example november than november of next year continue the process?

Would going to a drug rehibilitation be a positive thing for the embassy even though he isnt a drug addict?

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
On 10/12/2019 at 8:12 PM, Miss daley said:

So if he got the letter from the embassy end of september and took it to the panel physican, had his first test in october but failed than  he should wait till he passed the next test for example november than november of next year continue the process?

Would going to a drug rehibilitation be a positive thing for the embassy even though he isnt a drug addict?

Don't waste your money on rehab.  Just has to show clean for one year.  November to November would work in his favor.  

Phase I - IV - Completed the Immigration Journey 

18 minutes ago, kelz1330 said:

Is drug testing a usual thing they do?  I have heard it depends on the doctor you get and how you answer the questions about previous drug use.  

It is part of SOP to ask about drug usage.

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

Filed: EB-3 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
32 minutes ago, kelz1330 said:

Is drug testing a usual thing they do?  I have heard it depends on the doctor you get and how you answer the questions about previous drug use.  

Its not required for the physican to drug test you, however if they suspect you have had a history with drugs or any inkling you may be an active user, they may use whatever drug testing measures they see fit to ensure you are clean.

13 minutes ago, geowrian said:

It is part of SOP to ask about drug usage.

Yes I understand that.  My question was is it a mandatory test or does it depend on what doctor you get etc.  I have heard that not every doctor does this test.

6 minutes ago, designguy said:

Its not required for the physican to drug test you, however if they suspect you have had a history with drugs or any inkling you may be an active user, they may use whatever drug testing measures they see fit to ensure you are clean.

Thank you that is what I have heard in the past. Was just curious. 

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline
On 10/11/2019 at 8:03 PM, Miss daley said:

Just wondering what would happen if you were put on a one year ban for weed and failed the first random drug test but passed the rest,what would happen? What would be the best thing to do ? Should you wait from the last failed drug test to continue the pricess with the embass? K1 visa

Jo

On 10/16/2019 at 7:14 AM, kelz1330 said:

Thank you that is what I have heard in the past. Was just curious. 

I dont know but he didn't tell them at first because he had stopped around that time but they found it in his system, so I don't think they do a drug test but they do tests that could detect it, if that makes sense. Again he is in Jamaica so may be more common and I know if u have a ban u will go for random tests his first one was just a few days after he called the panel physician and gave his letter to them,they will watch you during the random tests.

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
On 10/11/2019 at 10:03 PM, Miss daley said:

Are you the petitioner or the beneficiary?

I am the petitioner, and I have a weed charge on my record from almost 5 years ago. (Before I even met my fiancee)

Can they drug test me? (Probably a stupid question, sorry)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
4 hours ago, Jfresh26 said:

Are you the petitioner or the beneficiary?

I am the petitioner, and I have a weed charge on my record from almost 5 years ago. (Before I even met my fiancee)

Can they drug test me? (Probably a stupid question, sorry)

as the petitioner no they will not. They will want to see your criminal record and that any fines/ sentences/ probation periods have been completed

i 485, 130, EAD and AP

04/09/2019    NOA1 received/check cashed i 485 and 130 (direct adjustment)

11/7/2019      Interview- Norfolk

11/10/2019    APPROVED (notification rec'd 11/10, approval dated 11/8)

DONE FOR TWO YEARS!!! ;)

Filed everything ourselves with no RFE's or delays.

CR1 for Child under 21 (20 at time of filing)- Filed by LPR Spouse for his son

4/4/20     Mailed packet

4/12/20   NOA1 rec'd

10/14/21 (havent heard anything... when do i start to get worried?)

9/15/22 APPROVED! Now to wait for NVC and interview....

ROC

10/14/21 Mailed to AZ PO Box. Let the waiting begin. Again.

10/16/21 Received at PO Box

10/19/21 Received Text NOA1

10/23/21 Received Mailed NOA1

8 hours ago, debbiedoo said:

as the petitioner no they will not. They will want to see your criminal record and that any fines/ sentences/ probation periods have been completed

They ask for the petitioner's police record?  I was under the impression it is the beneficiary only that needs this documentation.....

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.