Gabriela Vera

Family part (beneficiary) on the DS-160

16 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline

Hello to everyone, I'm going to expose my case and i hope someone could help me in some way.

I'm having a little bit of trouble in the family part of the DS-160 , where they ask the name of my biological father. My 'dad', for, me is my uncle and also the one that figures on my birth certificate, i have his surname and the one from my mom's. My uncle took care of me since my birth and in all my documents he's the one one that appears as my dad. With my biological father i don't have a close relationship,  he added me on facebook in the past but we don't talk at all and i haven't seem him since i left Ecuador when i was 11 years old.

The fact is that now i'm thinking to put my uncle in the father's part because legally, he is and i also put him in the form i-129f. Anyways, i'm kinda worried because, on the other hand, he is an american citizen and he didn't include me, as her daughter, when he applied to be citizen. I'm scared that the CO  may can see it, in the system, and this could be a risk for a denial visa.

You guys have any advise in what could i do or if i should ask for help to a lawyer? Me and my fiancee are so close to achieve our goal and if something bad could happen would be devastating.

By the way, i wish good luck to everyone that are waiting for the interview and going through this hard process! 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Get it corrected.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Your Uncle filled his papers properly. You are not his daughter legally his daughter. 

All the forms you filled out with him as your father you need to correct. 

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Timeline
1 hour ago, Ontarkie said:

Your Uncle filled his papers properly. You are not his daughter legally his daughter. 

All the forms you filled out with him as your father you need to correct. 

I mean yes, he didn't adopt me and is not my real dad but how can i correct it? That would mean change my Italian passport where i have his surname, my birth certificate and all my documents from here and Ecuador  where he appears as my legal father. There is no other way this could not be an issue? 

Timeline

Correct all the documentation showing incorrect information.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Boiler said:

Correct all the documentation showing incorrect information.

you mean all my documentation from here such as passport, id card and my birth certificate? or just put the name of my real dad in the DS-160? 

Timeline
8 minutes ago, Gabriela Vera said:

you mean all my documentation from here such as passport, id card and my birth certificate? or just put the name of my real dad in the DS-160? 

Everything you need to show the Consulate.

Timeline
1 hour ago, Boiler said:

Everything you need to show the Consulate.

Well, thanks for the information. 

Anyways, my fiance took an appointment with an immigration lawyer. Let's see what he suggest.

Timeline
1 hour ago, Gabriela Vera said:

I mean yes, he didn't adopt me and is not my real dad but how can i correct it? That would mean change my Italian passport where i have his surname, my birth certificate and all my documents from here and Ecuador  where he appears as my legal father. There is no other way this could not be an issue? 

How and what legal path did you take to take on your Uncle's last name? Did you do a formal name change? If not than yes you need to correct it all. 

Spoiler

Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Filed 03/08/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

Timeline
1 hour ago, Ontarkie said:

How and what legal path did you take to take on your Uncle's last name? Did you do a formal name change? If not than yes you need to correct it all. 

He signed my birth certificate as my father. Both, him and my mom signed it. Plus he had the parental rights on me so when i came to Italy the first time he had to do like an authorization notarized so i can leave the country. 

Timeline
26 minutes ago, Gabriela Vera said:

He signed my birth certificate as my father. Both, him and my mom signed it. Plus he had the parental rights on me so when i came to Italy the first time he had to do like an authorization notarized so i can leave the country. 

Looks like you have your work cut out for you to fix all those documents. 

Spoiler

Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Filed 03/08/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

Timeline

Ohhhh my bad, I totally misunderstood the directions. One look at the notes and I realized my mistake. Everything is taken care of and it will be good.

By the way, thanks for the help and sorry for the confusion! 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.