heysage

IR-2 VISA (I AM A MINOR, YOUR REPLIES WOULD BE OF GREAT HELP)

12 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-2 Country: Philippines
Timeline

IR-2 VISA (Questions from a minor, 16 from the Philippines about US IMMIGRANT VISA INTERVIEW, RESCHEDULING OF APPOINTMENT, etc) 

Hello! I am new here in visa journey. I am 16 years old and currently living in the Philippines. 

I would just like to ask some few queries about my US Immigrant Visa Interview (to which I have no idea when will take place since I undergo sputum test and need to wait for about 2 months for the culture results, a bummer indeed)

So I would like to ask if it's completely fine to have my legal guardian (grandmother) to assist me in the US Immigrant Visa Interview (because I am a minor) since both my mom and step-dad (petitioner) is in the United States and cannot come here for the interview? But my mother will come back here to accompany me once I already got my visa and ready to go in States, it's just that she cannot come into my interview because her time to go out of the country (US) is limited and also because of her work

NOTE: This is my first time going out of the country, my mom is already in the States with my step-dad (petitioner) since 2015 and me and my sister (who is 18) are to followed and now fixing this

SOME OF MY QUESTIONS:

1. Do we need SPA (Special Power of Attorney) coming from my mom in states stating that she is allowing my grandmother to accompany me in the interview?
  2. And do my grandmother (legal guardian) who will assist me would be ask several questions by the US Consul on the Interview? What if she answered a wrong information, would that thing affect my Visa approval? What things should she bring with her? What ID's?
  3. What things should we know before the Interview date?
  4. Any tips and facts, like some sample of the questions to be asked to a minor immigrant?
  5. Do we need to bring pictures with our petitioner (step-dad) and mother for proofs?
  6. And what should we expect in the immigration if things go well?
  7. AND PLEASE ANSWER HOW TO RE-SCHEDULE AN INTERVIEW APPOINTMENT AFTER GETTING THE MEDICAL RESULT (IF PROLONGED DUE TO SPUTUM TEST) 

All of your answers and replies would be of great help

Thank you and God bless

Edited by heysage

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 hour ago, heysage said:

IR-2 VISA (Questions from a minor, 16 from the Philippines about US IMMIGRANT VISA INTERVIEW, RESCHEDULING OF APPOINTMENT, etc) 

Hello! I am new here in visa journey. I am 16 years old and currently living in the Philippines. 

I would just like to ask some few queries about my US Immigrant Visa Interview (to which I have no idea when will take place since I undergo sputum test and need to wait for about 2 months for the culture results, a bummer indeed)

So I would like to ask if it's completely fine to have my legal guardian (grandmother) to assist me in the US Immigrant Visa Interview (because I am a minor) since both my mom and step-dad (petitioner) is in the United States and cannot come here for the interview? But my mother will come back here to accompany me once I already got my visa and ready to go in States, it's just that she cannot come into my interview because her time to go out of the country (US) is limited and also because of her work

NOTE: This is my first time going out of the country, my mom is already in the States with my step-dad (petitioner) since 2015 and me and my sister (who is 18) are to followed and now fixing this

SOME OF MY QUESTIONS:

1. Do we need SPA (Special Power of Attorney) coming from my mom in states stating that she is allowing my grandmother to accompany me in the interview?
  2. And do my grandmother (legal guardian) who will assist me would be ask several questions by the US Consul on the Interview? What if she answered a wrong information, would that thing affect my Visa approval? What things should she bring with her? What ID's?
  3. What things should we know before the Interview date?
  4. Any tips and facts, like some sample of the questions to be asked to a minor immigrant?
  5. Do we need to bring pictures with our petitioner (step-dad) and mother for proofs?
  6. And what should we expect in the immigration if things go well?
  7. AND PLEASE ANSWER HOW TO RE-SCHEDULE AN INTERVIEW APPOINTMENT AFTER GETTING THE MEDICAL RESULT (IF PROLONGED DUE TO SPUTUM TEST) 

All of your answers and replies would be of great help

Thank you and God bless

1.**Guardian Accompanying Minor to Interview:  You will need an affidavit of guardianship in the guardian's name stating what capacity they have.  Signed and notarized.

2. Guardian isn't applying for a visa, shouldn't be interviewed.   Yes she will need picture ID.

3. https://ph.usembassy.gov/visas/immigrant-visas/family-based-immigration/the-interview/

4. General questions about your parent(s)

5.  few pictures are good.

6.  ... you will want to check CEAC status after .    Also make sure you have your delivery address setup, you can do this before the interview:

Complete your profile and register your delivery address at the link below, you can do this online or by calling.  Some sections will not apply to you, skip over those, making sure to complete contact information and DELIVERY choose;  Home delivery, or you can arrange for pick-up at a variety of 2GO locations.  MOA (Mall of Asia) being the quickest.

http://www.ustraveldocs.com/ph/ph-iv-documentdelivery.asp

Online >>  https://cgifederal.secure.force.com/?language=English&country=Philippines

Calling >>  http://www.ustraveldocs.com/ph/ph-main-contactus.asp

You will have 24 hrs. after the interview to change/update your delivery address, after that time period your profile will be locked.

7.    ..

Scheduling the Interview:

By Calling (632) 548-8223, (632) 792-8988.  This service is open Monday through Friday, from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m., except on Philippine and U.S. holidays. Callers may speak with an English-, Tagalog-, Ilocano-, or Cebuano-speaking operator.

Applicants, agents or petitioners calling from the United States may also use this service by calling (703) 520-2235.

This is Philippines related, I will ask a mod to move your topic    https://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/129-philippines/

Edited by Hank_

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

******  Moving from CR-1 to Philipines regional forum for country specific answers *******

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Timeline
On 10/10/2019 at 5:07 PM, Hank_ said:

1.**Guardian Accompanying Minor to Interview:  You will need an affidavit of guardianship in the guardian's name stating what capacity they have.  Signed and notarized.

2. Guardian isn't applying for a visa, shouldn't be interviewed.   Yes she will need picture ID.

3. https://ph.usembassy.gov/visas/immigrant-visas/family-based-immigration/the-interview/

6.  ... you will want to check CEAC status after .    Also make sure you have your delivery address setup, you can do this before the interview:

Complete your profile and register your delivery address at the link below, you can do this online or by calling.  Some sections will not apply to you, skip over those, making sure to complete contact information and DELIVERY choose;  Home delivery, or you can arrange for pick-up at a variety of 2GO locations.  MOA (Mall of Asia) being the quickest.

Online >>  https://cgifederal.secure.force.com/?language=English&country=Philippines

You will have 24 hrs. after the interview to change/update your delivery address, after that time period your profile will be locked.

7.    ..

By Calling (632) 548-8223, (632) 792-8988.  This service is open Monday through Friday, from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m., except on Philippine and U.S. holidays. Callers may speak with an English-, Tagalog-, Ilocano-, or Cebuano-speaking operator.

Applicants, agents or petitioners calling from the United States may also use this service by calling (703) 520-2235.

This is Philippines related, I will ask a mod to move your topic    https://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/129-philippines/

Thank you so much!!

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline
On 10/10/2019 at 5:07 PM, Hank_ said:

7.    ..

Hello again Mr. Hank! Is the affidavit needed? Or necessary? Or a valid ID's from my grandmother will do? Since she isn't apply for a visa... To whom should we show the affidavit ( if needed ) And is the affidavit should be coming from my mother in States? Thanks

Timeline
3 hours ago, heysage said:

Hello again Mr. Hank! Is the affidavit needed? Or necessary? Or a valid ID's from my grandmother will do? Since she isn't apply for a visa... To whom should we show the affidavit ( if needed ) And is the affidavit should be coming from my mother in States? Thanks

This info is directly from the embassy website, so yes an affidavit of guardianship is needed, and the parent(s) issue it to the guardian:

**Guardian Accompanying Minor to Interview:  You will need an affidavit of guardianship in the guardian's name stating what capacity they have.  Signed and notarized.

Edited by Hank_

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline

Hello, is it normal if St. Luke's Medical Extension Clinic didn't hand me a sealed envelope and CD as a result of my medical exam? But they gave me my immunization record and was told that the result of my medical will be sent to the US Embassy.

So there's no need for me to bring any medical results on the day of my interview? Would I be ask if I don't have one? Or they know it prior to my schedule of interview? Thank you...

10 minutes ago, heysage said:

Hello, is it normal if St. Luke's Medical Extension Clinic didn't hand me a sealed envelope and CD as a result of my medical exam? But they gave me my immunization record and was told that the result of my medical will be sent to the US Embassy.

So there's no need for me to bring any medical results on the day of my interview? Would I be ask if I don't have one? Or they know it prior to my schedule of interview? Thank you...

My wife was told he same thing. She already has her visa on hand. No worries 

01/28/2019 - Mailed Express Mail USCIS Lockbox Phoenix

01/29/2019 - Received by Phoenix Lockbox
02/04/2019 - Receipt Notice Via Text Message assigned to Nebraska Service Center 

Timeline
On 10/31/2019 at 12:47 AM, heysage said:

Not normal (anymore) but does happen for a few different reasons.  .   Very possibly  because you are a minor they forwarded your med file directly to the embassy. 

They also forward the med file if you completed SPUTUM or TB treatment

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline
On 11/1/2019 at 4:47 PM, Hank_ said:

Not normal (anymore) but does happen for a few different reasons.  .   Very possibly  because you are a minor they forwarded your med file directly to the embassy. 

Thank you for the response. Should I get a CENOMAR(Certificate of No Marriage) or  (Marriage Certificate) since I am 16 in the interview? Or is it only for 18 years and above? Thanks. 

Timeline
On 11/1/2019 at 4:47 PM, Hank_ said:

Should I still bring 2 pcs 2x2 Photo to the interview or the 4pcs 2x2 that we submitted to St. Luke's before was enough? Thank you

Timeline
2 hours ago, heysage said:

Thank you for the response. Should I get a CENOMAR(Certificate of No Marriage) or  (Marriage Certificate) since I am 16 in the interview? Or is it only for 18 years and above? Thanks. 

Being a minor you should not need a CENOMAR.   Not even sure PSA would issue you one ... :lol:  

2 hours ago, heysage said:

Should I still bring 2 pcs 2x2 Photo to the interview or the 4pcs 2x2 that we submitted to St. Luke's before was enough? Thank you

2X2 photos you submitted to SLEC should handle the embassy, as they do forward them with the medical file.

Edited by Hank_

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.