Myn4kix

Using a law firm to file K-1 visa request

19 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline
1 hour ago, Myn4kix said:

I wish I had found this site sooner I would have taken heed of the warnings regarding using a visa services.

The Larwence Gruner Law firm said my application was mailed the last week of September. No exact date provided. 

Here on the 16th of October I still have not been notified of receipt. 

It can take about 4 weeks till NOA1 so you're still good. Check if Homeland already took your money. That's a good sign 😁

The meanest story I read here about lawyers was the couple that expected their NOA2 soon to come and then found out that their package was still on the lawyers desk after five months or so. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Taiwan
Timeline
On 10/11/2019 at 1:35 AM, flfreddy said:

Like service, it varies with the attorney.    My Attorney charged me $4500.  (later I realized.. errr why so high).

She did make a few mistakes like beneficiary country is a province, a field left unchecked in I-134 etc.

But the value she provided was more of front loading the USCIS part.  My wedding package was about 40 pages, way beyond the 2 signed letters.   Relationship proof was 9 trips at submission with photos tickets itinerary receipts etc.

My Law brushes certified copies were checked by her, but the most important part was she was able to explain to my beneficiary in mandarin what to do, what to expect in Guangzhou China, and dry run Q&A.

Worth it or not? I am not sure.  but we have no RFE, now P3 phase.

NOA1 5/28/19

NOA2 8/28/19

NVC 9/25/19

Arrive Emabassy 10/7/19

Admin Processing 10/10/19

i am glad yours was able to explain things, correctly, in Mandarin. Ours promised the same, but turn out the lawyer knows what she is doing, and the Mandarin speaking legal assistant does. The worst part is, her accent was so strong that my Fiance couldnt understand her English. at the end, we only communicate via email, in English...

I cant tell you if i recommended hiring an attorney for applying for K1, but do make sure you know how much they charge you and what you pay for. at the end we got charged more than 2k in total.. and it doesnt include the shipping fees

Want to know more about apply for K1 VISA / Green card in TAIWAN? come visit my blog https://summerprincess.pixnet.net/blog

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline
42 minutes ago, W.Rominger said:

i am glad yours was able to explain things, correctly, in Mandarin. Ours promised the same, but turn out the lawyer knows what she is doing, and the Mandarin speaking legal assistant does. The worst part is, her accent was so strong that my Fiance couldnt understand her English. at the end, we only communicate via email, in English...

I cant tell you if i recommended hiring an attorney for applying for K1, but do make sure you know how much they charge you and what you pay for. at the end we got charged more than 2k in total.. and it doesnt include the shipping fees

Our attorney was a Chinese Lady who immigrated to USA as a F-1, H1B GC, USC.   So she went thru the entire process and became an attorney.    Her fees are a bit high... in hind sight, I probably would use her again because of my complicated situation, but for AOS, I wouldnt as its much straight forward.   For people with simple first K-1, no children/divorces, no criminal record, no communist party thingy, I dont recommend an attorney.    Others its your call for the advice for that particular complex situation.

=============
5/20/2019 - I129 Submitted

5/22/19 - NOA1

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.