CaliNY

OCTOBER 2019 AOS Filers

2,108 posts in this topic

The biometrics appointment was the fastest appointment ever. Arrived early, out within 10 mins before the 1pm appointment. Only people there. No phones allowed! 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
On 10/29/2019 at 7:48 PM, Kitty C. said:

hi everyone,

my AOS was delivered to Chicago office at 10/18 and haven't receive any text/email confirmation yet. 

and today, i noticed that i put the incorrect eligibility category on I-765 (i accidentally put a6 while it supposed to be c9).

so anxious right now and trying to figure out how to fix it. 

I just realized I submitted my application under category a6. Got the NOA1 in the mail today and they automatically changed it to c9. Don’t worry, I’m sure you’ll be fine too.

Edited by Eli❤Mica

VJ TIMELINE.JPG

4 minutes ago, Eli❤Mica said:

I just realized I submitted my application under category a6. Got the NOA1 today and they automatically changed it to c9. Don’t worry, I’m sure you’ll be fine too.

Aww, thank you so much for letting me know. hope mine will be corrected as well (finger crossed) 

may i ask are you gonna send a correction document to the office where your application was delivered to or you are gonna leave it as it was? 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
4 minutes ago, Kitty C. said:

Aww, thank you so much for letting me know. hope mine will be corrected as well (finger crossed) 

may i ask are you gonna send a correction document to the office where your application was delivered to or you are gonna leave it as it was? 

I’m just gonna leave it as it is. They autocorrected it anyway :)

65BB6903-5480-416A-BBB4-6CA4CB1793B6.jpeg

VJ TIMELINE.JPG

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
On 10/30/2019 at 8:01 AM, jcracked52 said:

Anyone else heard back yet? me still nothing, received 10/11. 

Hi. I sent my documents for Adjustment of Status on October 10 via express mail thru USPS and used the 131 South Dearborn address. As per tracking, it was received on October 11. I have not received any notice yet. Have you?

Timeline

Hi guys. I have sent my documents on 10/10 via express mail thru USPS to the South Dearborn address. As per USPS tracking, it says it has been delivered and signed (by the recipient in Dearborn Chicago IL) on 10/11 as of 10:25 am. However until now I have not received any notice. It's been 13 business days already. Should i be concerned by now?

Timeline
On 10/9/2019 at 1:15 PM, Sarge2155 said:

Yes that's it!

When you say Chicago lockbox,  does it matter if it's the PO box or the Dearborn address? You see here for USPS, it should be the PO box. For Fedex, UPS and DHL, it should be the Dearborn address. 

I used USPS, but did the expressmail, so I still sent it to the Dearborn address and not the PO box. Will that be a problem?

received_495181184404640.jpeg

6 minutes ago, Carmina Kidd said:

When you say Chicago lockbox,  does it matter if it's the PO box or the Dearborn address? You see here for USPS, it should be the PO box. For Fedex, UPS and DHL, it should be the Dearborn address. 

I used USPS, but did the expressmail, so I still sent it to the Dearborn address and not the PO box. Will that be a problem?

received_495181184404640.jpeg

Not sure but they tell you where to send using a certain carrier for a reason. I'm sure it will find it's way to the correct place.

4 years, 11 months, 2 weeks and 3 days

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

Timeline
13 minutes ago, Sarge2155 said:

Not sure but they tell you where to send using a certain carrier for a reason. I'm sure it will find it's way to the correct place.

Hi Sarge2155. Thank you for replying. I was really counting on you to reply seeing as to how engaged and helpful you are with the inquiries here. Now, mind if i asked, should i be concerned now that i havent heard yet? USPS showed someone by the initial J.Harper signed and received my mail at the Dearborn address on the 11th, and i have not heard since. Been 13 business days already. 😭

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

I also sent the application via FedEx, reached on 10/16 signed by J. Harper and have not heard back since then. It will eventually make its way to be opened. They may be backed up.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
38 minutes ago, Carmina Kidd said:

Hi Sarge2155. Thank you for replying. I was really counting on you to reply seeing as to how engaged and helpful you are with the inquiries here. Now, mind if i asked, should i be concerned now that i havent heard yet? USPS showed someone by the initial J.Harper signed and received my mail at the Dearborn address on the 11th, and i have not heard since. Been 13 business days already. 😭

You have no timeline. It would be helpful for you have one so that others can assist you in a better way.

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Martha R said:

I also sent the application via FedEx, reached on 10/16 signed by J. Harper and have not heard back since then. It will eventually make its way to be opened. They may be backed up.

Ohhh J.Harper! He/she better turn our papers in. Lol. 😂

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Martha R said:

You have no timeline. It would be helpful for you have one so that others can assist you in a better way.

What timeline? From when we started the petition of my K1? I haven't take note of everything. But it took us like 10 months to get approved of K1. 

May 10: Entered the US in Atlanta

July 10: Married

October 10: Sent AOS docs thru USPS

October 11: Received by J.Harper (Dearborn, Chicago)

That's it so far.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.