NatalieAyers

AP but no additional information requested

44 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

My husband had his interview yesterday in Ghana. The CO asked the normal questions. Then she left and came back with the white slip that simply had administrative processing selected at the bottom. She did not ask for any other documents but she keep our original marriage license and his original birth certificate. I called my Texas State Senator and was told there was nothing that can be done except wait. Please advise

Your senator was right...it’s just a waiting game now. Best of luck to you.

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

Timeline

Seems u on Ap I had the same issue they still have my original marriage certificate and birth certificate since 26 July 2018.If they took his address meaning they will run background check on him they will visit his home only if they took his address.They did same to me 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
33 minutes ago, Philus said:

Seems u on Ap I had the same issue they still have my original marriage certificate and birth certificate since 26 July 2018.If they took his address meaning they will run background check on him they will visit his home only if they took his address.They did same to me 

What was the outcome of you case. If you don't mind me asking I'm also in AP a month ago

Timeline

They even visited my house search my home and two months later they called me for another interview this time me n my wife both interviewed but she was interviewed on phone and after I was also interviewed in a room silly question but it’s all good and they told me they will call me back till now nothing heard from them but my last update keep changing 

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Philus said:

I have been but all they keep saying is we escalating yur case each and everyday same respond @Ehiz

I feel for you I hope this will be over soon it's so stressful not Knowing what's going on

Edited by Ehiz

Timeline

@Ehiz

Trust me but with my case I think is because of my two kids they thinking am still with my baby mom which am not and also they ask me to submit new joint sponsor after the first interview which I did two months after my interview 

Edited by Philus

Timeline
5 minutes ago, Philus said:

I have been but all they keep saying is we escalating yur case each and everyday same respond @Ehiz

2 minutes ago, Philus said:

They even visited my house search my home and two months later they called me for another interview this time me n my wife both interviewed but she was interviewed on phone and after I was also interviewed in a room silly question but it’s all good and they told me they will call me back till now nothing heard from them but my last update keep changing 

I'm so shocked this is serious

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Philus said:

Trust me but with my case I think is because of my two kids they thinking am still with my baby mom which am not and also they ask me to submit new joint sponsor after the first interview which I did two months after my interview 

I learned today just hearing about ur journey. I don't know how my case is going to turn out to be cuz I'm not living in my old address any more I live in a new place now 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.