2,997 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, sandranj said:

Uscis Will not accept your explanation that  you made  a mistake ,they will treat your new l765 as a new petition ,that being said you will have to pay the l765 fee or to file the waiver because you are submitting form l765 after filing l485.

If you didn’t receive the l485 receipt yet then wait until you receive the receipt to file a new l765.

@FAP I believe this is for you!👍

1 hour ago, sandranj said:

Why on earth are you considering to reconcile with your abuser... really...REALLY??? .I can understand if you want to put your  life in risk but when you have a child you should put your child  first, and reconciling with an abuser you are endangering your child ‘s life.

Actions speak louder than words.You are considering to forgive him just because he asked for forgiveness.How about to put your child’s  life in first place, how about to learn self respect and develop self-esteem ,how about to think that your life is worth it,how about to think that your husband clearly doesn’t  love or respect you ? .

I have zero respect for abusers. Some women with  children stay in an abusive relationship because they can’t find a way out, you found your way out and now you want to throw everything away because of his stupid excuses .

Please seek help for yourself .I am not sorry if you find me rude but in case like yours  I am not a domestic violence advocate, I am your child’voice !

This is very true and is OK to have a strong voice to make us the abuse victim wake up, I have 2 girls, and I stayed for long just for my children and at the end it hurts our children me and my girls took therapy even thought my child was not abuse, but my abuse affected her. Abuser uses strategies to convince us to go back when they have loose control over us... DO NOT BELIEVE That... Move forward with your life not backwards.. 

Edited by FeDaniela

2 hours ago, sandranj said:

Why on earth are you considering to reconcile with your abuser... really...REALLY??? .I can understand if you want to put your  life in risk but when you have a child you should put your child  first, and reconciling with an abuser you are endangering your child ‘s life.

Actions speak louder than words.You are considering to forgive him just because he asked for forgiveness.How about to put your child’s  life in first place, how about to learn self respect and develop self-esteem ,how about to think that your life is worth it,how about to think that your husband clearly doesn’t  love or respect you ? .

I have zero respect for abusers. Some women with  children stay in an abusive relationship because they can’t find a way out, you found your way out and now you want to throw everything away because of his stupid excuses .

Please seek help for yourself .I am not sorry if you find me rude but in case like yours  I am not a domestic violence advocate, I am your child’voice !

@sandranj I agree with you 100%. I don’t want to be with him at all and don’t believe he will change but I review my affidavit and documents that I sent to Vermont and unfortunately I think I’m going to have issues to prove residence with him and the only way that I can gather more evidence that we share residence is reconcilie with him. I’m scare to death of have my case denied and lose my baby. 

Edited by HopeHope__

1 hour ago, FeDaniela said:

This is very true and is OK to have a strong voice to make us the abuse victim wake up, I have 2 girls, and I stayed for long just for my children and at the end it hurts our children me and my girls took therapy even thought my child was not abuse, but my abuse affected her. Abuser uses strategies to convince us to go back when they have loose control over us... DO NOT BELIEVE That... Move forward with your life not backwards.. 

@FeDaniela I don’t believe at him at all and I don’t want to be with him but I need to gather evidence that we lived together. My baby is my life. If wasn’t for her I would be back in my country already. Everything that I’m doing is to make sure I will be able to stay here and raise her. 

5 minutes ago, HopeHope__ said:

@FeDaniela I don’t believe at him at all and I don’t want to be with him but I need to gather evidence that we lived together. My baby is my life. If wasn’t for her I would be back in my country already. Everything that I’m doing is to make sure I will be able to stay here and raise her. 

How you going to gather, residency proof?? 

17 minutes ago, FeDaniela said:

How you going to gather, residency proof?? 

Pictures of us at our home. FPL bill and bank statements. We still share an apartment. The problem is that he spends most of the time in Nj  working and used to come back to Florida every Thursday and spend the weekend here. He still pays the bills and send me money to pay the rent. He has 3 cars here and the lease is under both names but our joint bank account that pays our lease in Florida has NJ address but I never lived there. He works in NJ, in his documents he always put his address as Nj. I’m very worried if immigration don’t understand that he in fact shared residence with me in Florida but spent part of the week in Nj because he works there. 

Edited by HopeHope__

27 minutes ago, HopeHope__ said:

Pictures of us at our home. FPL bill and bank statements. We still share an apartment. The problem is that he spends most of the time in Nj  working and used to come back to Florida every Thursday and spend the weekend here. He still pays the bills and send me money to pay the rent. He has 3 cars here and the lease is under both names but our joint bank account that pays our lease in Florida has NJ address but I never lived there. He works in NJ, in his documents he always put his address as Nj. I’m very worried if immigration don’t understand that he in fact shared residence with me in Florida but spent part of the week in Nj because he works there. 

Sent everything you have where you both resides,  if is Florida than everything you have from Florida, if they question the his living in NJ than you make an affidavit explaining the travaling you have enough proof of residence bills, bank statements, car lease in both names, apartment lease,  I still don't understand what you need to go back with him if you have all this proof. 

Edited by FeDaniela

3 hours ago, sandranj said:

Sandra may sound harsh but she is telling the truth. A man that can abuse you one time will not feel any remorse doing it another time. In fact by accepting him back you are putting yourself in danger. Act nice with him but never never forget what he did. save all the money you can and get the f out . You need freedom and peace,=. You abuser can flip in a matter of second. I almost believed my abuser until he started kicking me in the head because I went to the park with  my toddler and came back at 8pm. 

2 minutes ago, FeDaniela said:

Sent everything you have where you both resides,  if is Florida than everything you have from Florida, if they question the his living in NJ than you make an affidavit explaining the travaling you have enough proof of residence bills, bank statements, car lease in both names, apartment lease,  I still don't understand what you need to go back with him if you have all this proof. 

Before we get married he had this routine: Thursday to Sunday he was here and the rest of the week in Nj. But right after we get married he beginning not coming to Florida so often and showing up eventually. He would spend only 1 or 2 days per week or even less here and I disclosed this information in my affidavit. I never thought that residence would be a problem to prove because for me FL is our residence and even after his absence I continue considering FL our residence because he always gave me excuses that he was not here because he was working. So I have evidence that we live together before our marriage. After our marriage I have but I disclosed that he was not coming to FL very often.

—> I don’t want to be with him and I don’t want to make up excuses to be with him. I just want make sure I check all the requirements for Vawa and I thought that if I reconcile with him again I will have the opportunity of gather evidence that we are living together and draft a second affidavit. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
19 hours ago, Mira20 said:

I recently submitted my application through my lawyer and I got only 2 receipts yesterday for I-360 and I-485, does that means she did not send I-765 and I-131 with the package? Or I'm supposed to get only 2 receipts? 

How soon did u get ur receipts after submission.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.