2,997 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Ana FL said:

Good morning. 
what are the ways to check the status of my applications? I saw here something about checking via e-mail ou something like that.. the only way I check is going to uscis.gov and click on case status. 
Also, for those who sent RFE and change of address, how long did it take for anything to update on your case?? 
Thank you and have a great day!

Hey hun. That site is still effective too..I use it as well. RFE response takes anywhere from 30-90days..sometimes earlier other times later. Same with address change..depends..mine updated within the week I updated..they responded that it's been done. Bottom line is that it's different for everyone.😊👍

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline

Hello guys

I have I 360 form approved last June while I 485 still pending ,my ead is almost to be expired

-I want to know how to apply for the extension /renewal of I 765 and I 131?

-I want also to know if I should pay the fees for both application?

To which USCIS office must be filed to?

Appreciated

1 minute ago, Heism said:

Hello guys

I have I 360 form approved last June while I 485 still pending ,my ead is almost to be expired

-I want to know how to apply for the extension /renewal of I 765 and I 131?

-I want also to know if I should pay the fees for both application?

To which USCIS office must be filed to?

Appreciated

If you have a pending i485, you don't need to pay any fees! Also your petitions should go to Vermont. Simply gather the documents I mentioned earlier fill out the forms and send to Vermont. Vermont will redirect as required.👍

Hi guys!

I’m waiting for the EAD  renewal. It’s been already 5 months. I know I’m still fit in the frames but my EAD expire November 25 and if I will lose my job it will be very bad.

i have nobody who can help me.

I have 7 years old son who need attend the school and I have to provide everything we need pay the bills etc.

So if I will lose my job I won’t be able to do it.

So I want to try to contact our congressman.

My question is probably stupid (sorry). But how you contact your congressman’s?

How this request should looks like?

Do you have some examples?

What should I submit?

How should I ask about extension?

Thank you very much for your answers!

2 minutes ago, Heism said:

Thanks

Are you sure I don't have to the fees for i765 and I 131 which are expired? Thanks 

Like I said if you have a pending i485, you don't have to pay the renewal fees! These infos are very accessible online USCIS site..if you take a little time to verify you'll be enlightened!😊

7 minutes ago, HolaBola31 said:

Hi guys!

I’m waiting for the EAD  renewal. It’s been already 5 months. I know I’m still fit in the frames but my EAD expire November 25 and if I will lose my job it will be very bad.

I have 7 years old son who need attend the school and I have to provide everything we need pay the bills etc.

What should I submit?

Someone posted the link before..but hey you can google the congressman for your district. Give them a call or email them..they'll take it from there..the rest is easy. Probably ask you to fill out the privacy release form and send back to them..they'll get in touch with USCIS and give you feedback!😊👍

Filed: Other Country: Ghana
Timeline
2 hours ago, Stillwinning!!!😊 said:

Goodmorning my dear😊 don't worry about the duration of your prima facie. I got 180days PF shortly before I got approved. For approvals I've only heard of Jan Feb Mar and Apr. We'll all get there..just a matter of time.

@Stillwinning!!!😊,Thanks so much. God bless you more 

1 hour ago, HolaBola31 said:

Hi guys!

What should I submit?

You sent your renewal on time, once EAD card Expires the 180 days extension begins, Until the actual EAD card arrives. Please show your I-797 Receipt to your employer as it show your EAD category is extended for 180 days more they can E-Verify your EAD will still be valid for work...  

Google who is your congress person with your Zip Code, they will have the contact information, you can call them or visit in person for the next step. 

1 hour ago, Heism said:

Thanks

Are you sure I don't have to the fees for i765 and I 131 which are expired? Thanks 

If you initially paid I-485 fees, you don't need to paid I-765 / I-131 fees renewal. Submit all the requirements mentions on the I-765 form instruction. 

4 hours ago, i-need-help-pls said:

Good Morning Everyone,  I got New Prima facie for 6 months yesterday November 4 ( November 2019 to April 2020) . The one that expired on Thursday valid  for One year but I filled VAWA October 2018. My questions are

(1) Why do I have 6 months prima facie now ? and 

(2) Do we have any May or June 2018 approval yet ? I'm October 2018 filler. Thanks my good family 

Yes they extended the Prima facie base on the time they calculate they will be making a decision on your case, First prima facie was for a year, Second one 6 months, and it says on the second Prima Facie note if a decision is not expected before the expiration date a new Prima Facie will be sent for another 60 days.  

Recent forum approval May 21st 2018... I am June 2018 waiting patiently.. 

Edited by FeDaniela

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Cameroon
Timeline
1 hour ago, HolaBola31 said:

Hi guys!

What should I submit?

I have also been waiting for renewal of my EAD for 5 months as well. My renewal applications priority date is May 2nd 2019. My EAD expired on Sept 25th 2019. A few weeks before it expired, the HR at my company contacted me and asked to present my renewed EAD. I submitted a copy of the 180 days automatic extension press released downloaded from the immigration website. They used that to extend me for 180 days and told me to bring my EAD immediately USCIS issues it. I also used it at the DMV. I was told at the DMV office that they can only extend it after it has expired. So i was told to bring my drivers licence for extension one day after it expires. My Drivers license Nd EAD expired sept 25, i went back to DMV on sept 26th and they did verification with uscis right infront of me and then extended my drivera license for 180days. That was my experience. Its been 5 months and 3 days and I am still waiting for my EAD to be renewed. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.