2,997 posts in this topic

6 hours ago, Strife said:

Thanks @Stillwinning!!!๐Ÿ˜Š

My congressperson thinks the same too.

thats why heโ€™s not bothering to inquire where it has gone lol ๐Ÿ˜‚ย 

LOL๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚ keep enjoying God's grace hun!๐Ÿ’š๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’›๐Ÿ˜˜ will definitely share my good news with you!๐Ÿ™

11 minutes ago, Deserteagle said:

Moral of this story -ย 

We should all be our brotherโ€™s keeper on here .ย 

Yes beautiful!๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’š๐Ÿ’›๐Ÿ˜Š here some flowers for you..๐Ÿ’๐ŸŒธ๐ŸŒน๐Ÿ„๐ŸŒผ๐Ÿ๐ŸŒบ๐ŸŒน๐ŸŒน๐ŸŒป๐ŸŒป๐Ÿ˜˜

6 hours ago, Lola_lalo said:

when you contacted the congressman do they make you sign a privacy release form? I gave them my sister's address on that form. Do you think they will send this to USCIS? I don't want to mess it up because of the address on the form. my contact with the congressman isย ย via email only. from your experience how long do you think they will get responseย from USCIS?ย 

Don't forget that everyone's experience is different dear!๐Ÿ˜Š yes a privacy release form is standard requirement to get info on your behalf. They respond soon as they get word from USCIS..can be anytime. All the best my friend!๐Ÿ’œ

Filed: Other Timeline
12 hours ago, flyup123 said:

I sent my renewal package August 20 and received Notice September 4th. So not that long.

Did you send it to Vermont?ย 

ย 

Mine went to Chicago and I got the receipts in a week. Will be contacting the congressman/woman in a couple of weeks to see what is going on.ย 

8 hours ago, Lola_lalo said:

when you contacted the congressman do they make you sign a privacy release form? I gave them my sister's address on that form. Do you think they will send this to USCIS? I don't want to mess it up because of the address on the form. my contact with the congressman isย ย via email only. from your experience how long do you think they will get responseย from USCIS?ย 

I donโ€™t know how everyone here is getting the help of the Congress person. I emailed them 3ย weeks ago and no response till now. I am really thinking to go in person or something as I would like them to Inquire about my interview status:( i know they have up to 120 days to send a response but I really canโ€™t wait that long, Iโ€™ll go crazy. I dropped offย in person the response to RFE (the form 864w) and I am just afraid that the file will be put on a shelf and forgotten about.ย 

2 hours ago, flyup123 said:

I donโ€™t know how everyone here is getting the help of the Congress person. I emailed them 3ย weeks ago and no response till now. I am really thinking to go in person or something as I would like them to Inquire about my interview status:( i know they have up to 120 days to send a response but I really canโ€™t wait that long, Iโ€™ll go crazy. I dropped offย in person the response to RFE (the form 864w) and I am just afraid that the file will be put on a shelf and forgotten about.ย 

How did you sent them you request ? Some of them after submitting your request will ask you to print the authorization and fill it up and fax it to them and thenย they contact you ..ย 

and some of them require only the request ..ย 

what state and city are you at ??ย 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: El Salvador
Timeline
3 hours ago, flyup123 said:

In Miami, the congressman there only accepts requests through their website and after 1 month they still had no response they would say they really busy. She did not take walk-ins but I still went and they heard me out when I explained myself and my emergency. So Iโ€™d say it wouldnโ€™t hurt to go to their office in person. They heard back from USCIS within 3 days.ย 
Good luck!

Edited by nap_o

44 minutes ago, Fishy89 ๐Ÿ’™ said:

How did you sent them you request ? Some of them after submitting your request will ask you to print the authorization and fill it up and fax it to them and thenย they contact you ..ย 

and some of them require only the request ..ย 

what state and city are you at ??ย 

I emailed them. And only got a welcoming email that someone will be in contact with me shortly. But nothing.

24 minutes ago, nap_o said:

In Miami, the congressman there only accepts requests through their website and after 1 month they still had no response they would say they really busy. She did not take walk-ins but I still went and they heard me out when I explained myself and my emergency. So Iโ€™d say it wouldnโ€™t hurt to go to their office in person. They heard back from USCIS within 3 days.ย 
Good luck!

Yeah, i'll have to go in person. Thanks for your input.

3 hours ago, flyup123 said:

I guess it's different everywhere...maybe they'll still get in touch..it takes time sometimes..but you should go in person like I told you the last time!๐Ÿ˜Š no more procrastination just go hun ๐Ÿ’œ

Edited by Stillwinning!!!๐Ÿ˜Š

UPDATE ON I-912 FORM FEE WAIVER STARTING ON DECEMBER 2ND 2019.ย 

U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services has revisedย Form I-912, Request for Fee Waiver, by removing the means-tested benefit criteria that was previously used as a factor in determining whether an applicant was exempt from paying for filing fees or biometric services. Individuals may still request a fee waiver if their documented annual household income is at or below 150% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines or they demonstrate financial hardship.

A means-tested benefit is a public benefitโ€”offered by federal, state, or local agenciesโ€”for which eligibility and amount considerations are based on a personโ€™s income and resources. USCIS formerly considered Medicaid, Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program, Temporary Assistance to Needy Families, and Supplemental Security Income during eligibility evaluations.

USCIS has determined that receiving a means-based benefit is not an appropriate criteria in reviewing fee-waiver requests because income levels used to decide local assistance eligibility vary greatly from state to state.

โ€œUSCIS relies on fees to cover the costs of adjudicating applications and petitions, implementing operational efforts, and ensuring the nationโ€™s lawful immigration system is properly administered,โ€ said USCIS Acting Director Ken Cuccinelli. โ€œUSCIS waives hundreds of millions of dollars in fees annually. The revised fee waiver process will improve the integrity of the program and the quality and consistency of fee waiver approvals going forward. Providing clear direction to agency adjudicators for more uniform determinations will help us to uphold our mission of efficiently and fairly adjudicating immigration requests.โ€

USCIS has estimated that the annual dollar amount of fee waivers increased from around $344.3 million in fiscal year 2016 to $367.9 million in FY 2017. In FY 2018, the estimated annual dollar amount of fee waivers USCIS granted was $293.5 million. Fee revenues account for more than 95% of the USCIS budget.

Under the revised criteria, individuals may still request a fee waiver if:

• Their documented annual household income is at or below 150% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines; or
  • They demonstrate financial hardship.

However, USCIS will require applicants to complete Form I-912 and submit supporting documentation, including federal income tax transcripts. USCIS will not accept a letter stating the applicant is unable to afford filing fees or biometric services without a completed Form I-912.

As of Dec. 2, those seeking a fee waiver must submit the 10/24/19 version of this form to request a waiver of a required fee for immigration benefits. After Dec. 2, USCIS will reject any Form I-912 with an edition date of 03/13/18 or earlier, a fee waiver request submitted with a letter, or documentation of receipt of means-tested benefit to show eligibility for a fee waiver. USCIS will adjudicate any fee waiver request postmarked before Dec. 2 under the previous policy,ย AFM 10.9, Waiver of Fees.

The new form does not change the applications and petitions that are eligible for a fee waiver. For the list of eligible applications and petitions, see the Form I-912 Instructions. In addition, USCIS has updated policy guidance in theย USCIS Policy Manualย to accompany this form revision. The updated policy guidance is effective on Dec. 2.

Hello everyone. I am a silent reader of the platform.ย Thanks everyoneย for all the help. Myย question is that my vawa got approved on July right.ย I got a call today from my attorney saying that we need file an adjustment of status for me which will cost $1450. I already paid $7000 something. Isย this how it is supposed to be? Or Am I being taking advantage of?ย What are steps after getting approved? Thanks in advance.ย 

ย 

Congratulations all the approvals ๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽ‰

Edited by Cozutuk
Grammer

9 minutes ago, Cozutuk said:

Hello everyone. I am a silent reader of the platform.ย Thanks everyoneย for all the help. Myย question is that my vawa got approved on July right.ย I got a call today from my attorney saying that we need file an adjustment of status for me which will cost $1450. Is this how it is supposed to be? What are steps after getting approved? Thanks in advance.ย 

ย 

Yes after an approved I-360 you move forward to adjust status by filling form I-485ย  in order for you to obtain your Green Card.ย 

Filingย Formย I-485 costsย $1,140 plus $85.00 forย biometrics servicesย fee total cost of $1,225.00ย if your lawyer only charging you $225.00 to do so is very reasonable i will said cheap. You lawyer can also request a fee waiver for this form by also filling I-912 form with all the requirements.ย  And you can just paid your lawyers fee if USCIS accept it.ย 

Edited by FeDaniela

10 minutes ago, Cozutuk said:

Hello everyone. I am a silent reader of the platform.ย Thanks everyoneย for all the help. Myย question is that my vawa got approved on July right.ย I got a call today from my attorney saying that we need file an adjustment of status for me which will cost $1450. I already paid $7000 something. Isย this how it is supposed to be? Or Am I being taking advantage of?ย What are steps after getting approved? Thanks in advance.ย 

ย 

Thanks my friend..see this rightย here so its ok๐Ÿ‘Œ...

Adjustment of Status Cost. As of 2019, theย costย of anย adjustment of statusย is a minimum of $1,225 in government fees alone. This includes the initial $1,140 filingย costย of the I-485 application and the $85 biometricsย fee, both of which are paid for with a single check or money order when filing the application.

Edited by Stillwinning!!!๐Ÿ˜Š

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
On 10/24/2019 at 3:50 AM, Stillwinning!!!๐Ÿ˜Š said:

God is awesome!!! WOW!!! It is settled already! Wipe your tears and give HIM PRAISE!!!๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ™ HE has perfected ALL that concerns you!!!๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ’–๐Ÿ’–

ย 

On 10/23/2019 at 9:00 PM, Fishy89 ๐Ÿ’™ said:

I never imagined congressmen/women have thisย power .. !!!ย 
hopefully they send the right one this timeย 

Pray for me ๐Ÿ˜ญ

3B8E275B-A3D6-4087-A32B-88105BFED223.jpeg

congrats!

ย 

ย 
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.