2,997 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, HopeHope__ said:

Something very weird happened. I filed for I-360 and I-485 simultaneously 60 days ago. They sent a receipt for my I-360 but rejected the fee waiver for my I-485. I payed the fee for the I-485 and submitted it 40 days ago. Now they sent a RFE asking for my I-360 approval (?????). My attorney is from Catholic legal Services. It is very hard to talk with them sometimes. She said that I should not be worried because it was a mistake. @sandranj have you ever seen this happening before? In the last case scenario If they open removal proceedings having my I-360

receipt is enough to cancel my removal? 

you can submit your RFE with I360 receipt as mentioned by @FeDaniela

4 minutes ago, Shroy123 said:

you can submit your RFE with I360 receipt as mentioned by @FeDaniela

Will do. I just hope that the officer who is processing my I-485 is not the same one that is processing my I-360. 

Filed: Timeline
1 minute ago, HopeHope__ said:

I asked my attorney to do that. 

Then you should be fine. When you mail the forms together it will go to the mail room. They do a check that everything is there and then forward it to the service center. In order to file the 485 you need a basis for filing. Its called an 'underlying form'. Its the form you use to qualify to file the 485. For non VAWA spouses its the 130. For VAWA petitioners its the 360. The 360 is what makes you eligible to adjust with the 485... So when you mail the 485  they need to know on what basis you qualify and that there is an active underlying form. When its all in one packet they have it, when its mailed separately you need to attach the NOA from the 360 to show that. Does that make sense? 

17 minutes ago, Villanelle said:

Then you should be fine. When you mail the forms together it will go to the mail room. They do a check that everything is there and then forward it to the service center. In order to file the 485 you need a basis for filing. Its called an 'underlying form'. Its the form you use to qualify to file the 485. For non VAWA spouses its the 130. For VAWA petitioners its the 360. The 360 is what makes you eligible to adjust with the 485... So when you mail the 485  they need to know on what basis you qualify and that there is an active underlying form. When its all in one packet they have it, when its mailed separately you need to attach the NOA from the 360 to show that. Does that make sense? 

It makes total sense! Thank you @Villanelle

57 minutes ago, Villanelle said:

here you go. it makes sense completely 

Filed: Other Country: India
Timeline
On 10/13/2019 at 1:46 PM, Vawaonehi said:

Someone here asked me what form to file for a child living abroad to benefit for the VAWA petition that gave her a green card. The person lives in America but the child who a listed beneficiary lives outside America. I'm wondering what form that will be maybe sandra can tell us. Or is she to file a petition for alien relative I-130? I doubt because there is already an approved petition.

FILE I-824 FOR THAT I DID THE SAME

8 minutes ago, azalea3 said:

When can we apply for citizenship after green card approval after VAWA? Is it three years? I remember reading on one of the old threads that you can apply after 2 years and 9 months. Please advise.

You are correct! 3yrs! But you can start the process 2yrs and 9months of being an LPR!😊👍

1 hour ago, flyup123 said:

Didn’t see you for a while here, got me worried 🤗 how did your infopass go? Wasn’t it it last week?

My sweety pie💖💓💗 awww beautiful soul!😘😍 I'm doing just fine..only got busier on the job!$$$😉 while I await my interview date! 📅 infopass went well..everything settled and confirmed!🙏😊 thanks so much dear..always feel free to inbox me!

Guys, need some advise. My EAD was approved under C31 back in June. It's been 4 months and they still haven't approved the VAWA. I'm over 4 days of The normal processing time for my case as well. I filed for VAWA in Nov 8 2017. I think They are working on 15th of Nov cases. 

What do you guys think I should do? 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.