Teacake

AOS help please (questions about my medical)

30 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, yuna628 said:

You can get your vaccination anywhere. Walgreens, walmart, or any pharmacy that offers them. Just bring proof of the vaccination to the civil surgeon.

What a person would normally do is print out the I-693 and fill out only the portions that pertain to a K1 adjusting applicant only (make sure to carefully read the instructions). Once you find a civil surgeon that is only willing to do a transcription, bring your proof of all vaccinations, including any new ones, then they will fill out their part, put it in an envelope and stamp it. If you are marked as completed anyway, none of this should be needed. Just send a photocopy of the DS3025 with your application. Biometrics fee has nothing to do with the civil surgeon.

Of course there is always a possibility an officer may ask you for it regardless due to losing the DS3025, not bothering to look up your medical result, not understanding how a K1 works, or generally not knowing what they're doing.

This is what I had to do. My injections were not up to date as I hadn’t had a booster (which isn’t done in the uk) so I had to pay for my booster in the us and pay for the civil surgeon to do the transcript 😣 

I wish I’d had someone tell me to get all my boosters at my medical to save time and money 

3 minutes ago, RebeccaDub said:

This is what I had to do. My injections were not up to date as I hadn’t had a booster (which isn’t done in the uk) so I had to pay for my booster in the us and pay for the civil surgeon to do the transcript 😣 

I wish I’d had someone tell me to get all my boosters at my medical to save time and money 

Hi there! Did you do this before filing for AOS, or at what point? Were you requested by USCIS to do so?

1 minute ago, Teacake said:

Hi there! Did you do this before filing for AOS, or at what point? Were you requested by USCIS to do so?

I wasn’t requested to do so but my form from the civil surgeon in the UK said that I’d get boosters in the states and I did so before filling for AOS as it has to go in with the application 🙂 i sent in my UK medical and the civil surgeon transcript. If yours says that you’re up to date ten I’d not worry so much but all my injections had dates next to them 

1 minute ago, RebeccaDub said:

I wasn’t requested to do so but my form from the civil surgeon in the UK said that I’d get boosters in the states and I did so before filling for AOS as it has to go in with the application 🙂 i sent in my UK medical and the civil surgeon transcript. If yours says that you’re up to date ten I’d not worry so much but all my injections had dates next to them 

My injections have dates next to them as well. Where was it on your form if you don’t mind me asking? The civil surgeon at my Australian medical didn’t mention anything to me.

5 minutes ago, Teacake said:

My injections have dates next to them as well. Where was it on your form if you don’t mind me asking? The civil surgeon at my Australian medical didn’t mention anything to me.

If you mean saying I had decided to get boosters in the states, that was on a separate sheet (stapled) to my injections list. 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
6 minutes ago, Teacake said:

Oh, ok! Thank you. Huh, I don’t think I got anything like that.

The other posters situation is different than yours,  her ds3025 was not complete after her UK medical,  that is why she needed to complete in the states. 

YMMV

5 minutes ago, Teacake said:

Oh, ok! Thank you. Huh, I don’t think I got anything like that.

If you’re not sure, I can tell you it cost me $15 for my booster of tetanus and $50-$60 for the civil surgeon to just do the transcript part of the medical. (They were also 60 miles away) 

There is a list that I was given that says what vaccinations you have to have for your age group and how recent they have to be, which is also what made me go for my booster and find a civil surgeon 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

Tetnus is a 10 year shot or vaccination. It's really not required again in 10 years from you receiving it. Unless you have an injury or event that might require it ( say you step on a rusty nail, or cut yourself on something that might lead to an issue, they usually won't bother with it) so it's not something to really worry about. And as long as your ds-3025 is complete, your good. That's probably why it was marked complete, doctor knows you really didn't need another Tdap.

Here on a K1? Need married and a Certificate in hand within a few hours? I'm here to help. Come to Vegas and I'll marry you Vegas style!!   Visa Journey members are always FREE for my services. I know the costs involved in this whole game of immigration, and if I can save you some money I will!

16 minutes ago, Loren Y said:

Tetnus is a 10 year shot or vaccination. It's really not required again in 10 years from you receiving it. Unless you have an injury or event that might require it ( say you step on a rusty nail, or cut yourself on something that might lead to an issue, they usually won't bother with it) so it's not something to really worry about. And as long as your ds-3025 is complete, your good. That's probably why it was marked complete, doctor knows you really didn't need another Tdap.

Thank you, this explains it!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

Hi Teacake

We have the same field office :) Memphis moves a bit faster (usually) then other offices. So you lucked out getting that office. Thats not to say it ALWAYS moves fast as each case is different,

Our Noa1 was June 26th, Bio was July 24th and the app updated that we were ready to schedule interview about a month after that. Last Friday the app updated that interview has been scheduled. We are waiting on the letter.

When you do your Bio you will probably go to the support center in Bartlett. There is a really good but over priced restaurant next door if you have people with you that need something to do while you go into your appointment. The support center was laid back everyone was very nice and we were in and out in under 20 minutes. There was hardly anyone else there.

2 minutes ago, Whanlin said:

Hi Teacake

We have the same field office :) Memphis moves a bit faster (usually) then other offices. So you lucked out getting that office. Thats not to say it ALWAYS moves fast as each case is different,

Our Noa1 was June 26th, Bio was July 24th and the app updated that we were ready to schedule interview about a month after that. Last Friday the app updated that interview has been scheduled. We are waiting on the letter.

When you do your Bio you will probably go to the support center in Bartlett. There is a really good but over priced restaurant next door if you have people with you that need something to do while you go into your appointment. The support center was laid back everyone was very nice and we were in and out in under 20 minutes. There was hardly anyone else there.

Oh, thanks so much for the info! I’m vaguely familiar with Bartlett, haha. I know my husband knows the area pretty well. It isn’t far at all from us. It’s good to hear that things in the Memphis office move a bit quickly! :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Uzbekistan
Timeline
22 hours ago, Teacake said:

Thanks everyone for your help, but I'm still a bit confused about the tetanus situation. On my DS3025, the doctor in Australia put my most recent date down (which, as I said, was in '98 apparently, when I was a toddler), but I haven't had a tetanus booster at all since then according to my records. Yet my DS3025 was marked as complete? Why didn't the doctor give me a booster then and there? I have this niggling feeling that this is going to bite me in the butt during AOS. Has anyone else got any experience with the whole tetanus booster situation? Should I try and go ahead and get the shot and then an I-693, or since my medical was marked as complete, just ignore it and leave it alone unless I end up getting an RFIE or something?

Hi! 

My Td shot was dated 1992 and I was advised to get a booster shot because it should be renewed each 10 years which is stated in the requirements for routine vaccinations. I got it before my medical checkup at the clinic in my home country. 

So the interesting part was that I've never had chickenpox and didn't have varicella shot so the doctor marked it as "not routinely available" in DS3025. 

However DS3025 was marked as complete. I got confused and came here to VJ to find an answer and found out similar story. And this person got RFE for not having varicella shot even though DS3025 was marked as complete. So I just got the shot when I visited my Family care manager and got the copy of paper stating that. But I guess the shots can be done at any pharmacies. Oh and by the way I got flu shot too as flu season will start when USCIS gets my papers. Well i got the shots, visited civil surgeon, paid $40 and voila now I won't be worried thinking I might get RFE for not having varicella shot even though DS3025 says everything is complete.

I guess you can just get a booster shot if you're not against getting shots! It won't harm you and you will be sure you have everything

Edited by Nafisa Zaripova

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

CDC is a little behind the times, but they set the rules for USCIS, so up to you...

Instead of getting a tetanus booster every 10 years as the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention currently recommends for adults, a new study suggests immunity from the vaccine lasts at least 30 years.Mar 23, 2016

Here on a K1? Need married and a Certificate in hand within a few hours? I'm here to help. Come to Vegas and I'll marry you Vegas style!!   Visa Journey members are always FREE for my services. I know the costs involved in this whole game of immigration, and if I can save you some money I will!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.