Voice of Reason

Greta Thunberg to the UN

298 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline
1 minute ago, Bill & Katya said:

And we will need a lot more additional substations and electrical switching gear for a full electric world.  Coal could still be an option through gasification plants.  Base loads are still necessary, and depending on wind or solar to maintain base loads is tenuous.

It’s a Wonderful Life?

Coal can never be an option again and I am glad to see that the US is starting to shut some down. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
Just now, Unidentified said:

Coal can never be an option again and I am glad to see that the US is starting to shut some down. 

Coal gasification may still be needed to make some of the materials used in other “green” projects, and of course China is still getting almost 70% of their power from coal.

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

Timeline
5 minutes ago, Bill & Katya said:

Coal gasification may still be needed to make some of the materials used in other “green” projects, and of course China is still getting almost 70% of their power from coal.

Like I have said at least 2 times already... China is forced to use coal because of consumers buying stuff from China. All countries need to do their part for the climate. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
14 minutes ago, Unidentified said:

Like I have said at least 2 times already... China is forced to use coal because of consumers buying stuff from China. All countries need to do their part for the climate. 

So we all need to stop buying.  You do realize that China does not produce everything, and the main reason they use coal is because it is economically cheaper.

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

The concept of China being forced is amusing, they could just pass on high energy products.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline

Wind generators btw are a major killer of birds

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

1 hour ago, Steeleballz said:

Cant be lakes. Bo such thing as man made lakes 

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Bill & Katya said:

So we all need to stop buying.  You do realize that China does not produce everything, and the main reason they use coal is because it is economically cheaper.

Yes, we all need to reduce consumption as it increases emissions everywhere and not just in China. Yes, it is economically cheaper. But cheaper is not always better and in this case is horrible. Hopefully China will start to take the climate more seriously. 

Timeline
20 minutes ago, Boiler said:

Wind generators btw are a major killer of birds

Windmills kills a small fraction compared to all the birds that fly into cell and radio towers. Windmills kills roughly 200 000-300 000 whereas we're talking billions when it comes to cell and radio towers. 

Timeline

Cats kill many, these killl the big ones.

Timeline
Just now, Unidentified said:

So you would rather put up with air pollution that kills 4.6 million people each year? 

There is no free ride, currently best bet seems to be Nuclear for the base with some PV and wind.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
28 minutes ago, Boiler said:

There is no free ride, currently best bet seems to be Nuclear for the base with some PV and wind.

Have you seen/read the recent article on this subject on Quillette??? Interesting read that covers most if not all of the ideas presented here. I can post the link if you are interested?

Timeline
6 minutes ago, theresaL said:

Have you seen/read the recent article on this subject on Quillette??? Interesting read that covers most if not all of the ideas presented here. I can post the link if you are interested?

Nope, I know of the site but have not looked at it for a long time, I can add up and this strikes me as pretty basic stuff.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
1 minute ago, Boiler said:

Nope, I know of the site but have not looked at it for a long time, I can add up and this strikes me as pretty basic stuff.

Yes, but it's amazing how much common sense gets lost in the hysteria. The article is actually from Feb. 2019. Here's the link. https://quillette.com/2019/02/27/why-renewables-cant-save-the-planet/