1,273 posts in this topic

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
17 hours ago, Gôdnew131 said:

Hello, how long does it take to get an interview letter from Montreal Canada? My pd is on July 7 and my dq on nov 6 2019.thank you

@Gôdnew131From what I have seen in 2019, it is taking around 7 months after being Documentary Qualified and your Priority Date is current. 

Edited by fcabrales

Guys please keep posting all experiences with F2A @ Montreal consulate very less information available on any other website for up to the date processing times like interviews wait at Montreal.

pd November 21/2018

waiting

its very shocking to see 5-7 months wait time after DQ f2a can’t stay current for that long.

Timeline

Hi @Matt2019

Yes, but I mentioned being both DQ and PD current. From what I have seen and read, if your PD is not current, the consulate does not do anything. Your PD became current after being DQ'ed right?

It is a long wait anyway...

Edited by fcabrales

2 hours ago, fcabrales said:

Hi @Matt2019

Yes, but I mentioned being both DQ and PD current. From what I have seen and read, if your PD is not current, the consulate does not do anything. Your PD became current after being DQ'ed right?

It is a long wait anyway...

Yes my PD was current and I have been waiting for 9 months to have an interview that coming up next week. It was very discouraged and stressful waiting. 

Timeline
On 11/11/2019 at 8:41 PM, Gôdnew131 said:

Hello, how long does it take to get an interview letter from Montreal Canada? My pd is on July 7 and my dq on nov 6 2019.thank you

What is your category?

Timeline

Hi guys! Update as of 11/20:

@Tss - December 2018 -- Aug 30

@hakeemsyd - January 14 -- Nov 18

@newday - January 24 -- Nov

@Matt2019 - February 16 -- Nov (mid)

@PrinsesaVii - April 4

@awoo - May 14
@timtational - May 14

@Sean_2019 - August 6

@Gôdnew131 - Nov 6

@Aram

@rachel6992
@Ronnie1989

Edited by PrinsesaVii

Filed: EB-3 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
2 hours ago, PrinsesaVii said:

What is your category?

Are we 100% convinced category affects the delay?  Meaning is there different queues for EB vs IR/CR vs K. visas.  There certainly is not a lot of data on EB compared to IR/CR to see trends and we all know that there are many aspects of our journey that are complete mysteries :(

There is absolutely very less information available for F2A interviews happening at Montreal. Please keep sharing your experiences. According to NVC protocol they schedule interview if “PD IS CURRENT & APPLICATION IS DQ” Within 30 to 90 Days. If consulate is busy like Mumbai we can see information rolling on internet but Thts not the case.

Timeline
10 hours ago, CycleSS said:

Are we 100% convinced category affects the delay?  Meaning is there different queues for EB vs IR/CR vs K. visas.  There certainly is not a lot of data on EB compared to IR/CR to see trends and we all know that there are many aspects of our journey that are complete mysteries :(

There is a reason why I made this forum exclusively for family based visa - F2A to be specific. I was following the IR1/CR1 visa before and they have been getting IL/ID months ahead than F2A. IR/CR visa have shorter waiting times that F visas.

There is a very limited info and forums made for F2A category in Montreal. That is why it is important for me to know if we are all on the same track.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.