1,282 posts in this topic

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
3 hours ago, Har123 said:

Interview went well. Got there 15 mins early  . finished security and went upstairs and waited for no . They took docs and fingerprint first. Then was called to a different counter for interview. Asked questions like who is petioner, what did you study, what did wife study, is this our first marriage . Later said your visa will likely be issued. Gave white sheet with info to track and check update. Also mentioned the update may mention refused or admin processing . If more info needed they will request. Checked ceac site and shows issued. Not sure if that means approved. However the appointment and tracking website still shows status as appointment. I guess it will update soon. 

Yeah if it’s showing issued, then it’s approved 

congratulations, let us know when you get your passport or atleast shipping day

Good Afternoon All,

after the additional processing and 5535, they received the documents i sent them.

they finally approved and issued my visa.

interview date - October 21st

email for additional document - October 24th

sent the document back to them - October 25th

Embassy emailed they received document - November 1st

Visa Approved - November 1st

Visa Issued - November 2nd

12 minutes ago, Ashley28888 said:

Good Afternoon All,

after the additional processing and 5535, they received the documents i sent them.

Congrats . Great news. So did your status change in ceac. If so what did it say. Did you also receive tracking info for passport. 

The consular officer processing your visa application has requested that you provide us with the following information:
  • Dates of all entries into and exits out of the USA since 2008  and class of admission (B1/B2, F1, H1b) – if applicant has old passport, provide copy of all pages and any I-94s received (if she still has possession of them).
  • Copies of all notices for approvals of change of status ( I-797);
  • Copies of all employment authorization cards issued to the applicant;
  • Any documentation regarding the appeal of the H1B denial and subsequent appeal

Filed: F-3 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
5 hours ago, Ashley28888 said:

Good Afternoon All,

Congratulations! Happy for you. 

On 10/31/2022 at 11:11 AM, dhruvroom said:

Congratulations! It seems like consulate people is working hard to get the backlog cleared!

When I check montreal consulate's website, it says, they are currently sending ILs to April 2022's documentarily qualified cases. However here we are seeing people getting invited who DQ in March/April 2022. 

Is this because what consulate website is showing is for all F category cases and what we are seeing is mainly for F2A categories?

Is it fair to say that our googlesheet tracker is accurate and if DQ in Oct 2022, I should expect IL in arround 6-7 months time?

image.png.0ff772f6341ba7e2abaf06af3d3054c2.png

They updated today , most family preference cases scheduled for interview were DQ in May 2022

image.thumb.png.894c23e919fb3c84d36aa5a51d9ad227.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.