Jump to content


  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

About DSM

  • Rank
    Junior Member
  • Member # 190127

Profile Information

  • Gender
    Not Telling
  • State

Immigration Info

  • Immigration Status
    Naturalization (approved)
  • Place benefits filed at
    Phoenix AZ Lockbox
  • Local Office
    Seattle WA
  • Country

Immigration Timeline & Photos

Recent Profile Visitors

1,237 profile views
  1. It totally depends on you. When I naturalized, I took my spouse, child and in-laws. Everyone enjoyed the ceremony very much. My family took a lot of pictures and afterwards we celebrated by going out to lunch. The ceremony meant a lot to me and my family. My coworkers had a little celebration for me at the end of the next work day as well.
  2. DSM

    3 year info or 5

    They only care about your time as a LPR. Three years is fine. The instructions are poorly worded. We wrote a cover letter and explained that since my spouse was applying under the three year rule, that all answers would apply to those three years as an LPR. You don't even need to do that, however. We were just overly careful. Good luck!
  3. Not only that, the RFE specifically suggests sending them.
  4. Great. Submit a will. Or don't. Good luck.
  5. Wills, powers of attorney, medical powers of attorney, etc. are excellent pieces of evidence. Laws vary slightly by state but you can usually download forms online and fill them out pretty easily.
  6. In case you haven't signed it yet...There is a copy of your signature printed on the certificate next to your photo. That's the signature you provided during your biometrics appointment. Sign the certificate exactly the same way so it matches that one. Congratulations!
  7. The Dept. of Homeland security opens at 7:00am so you're fine. The 8am opening is just the USCIS application support center, which is housed in the same building.
  8. Ah yes, after re-reading the original post, I realize I made a mistake. Please disregard. Sorry for any confusion.
  9. Just for clarification...You can apply for Naturalization three years after your permanent residency date (minus 90 days), not the three-year anniversary you entered the U.S. using your K1. Good luck! Almost done!
  10. Just want to give a quick thank you to all Visajourney members and admins! My wife just naturalized yesterday and this site answered all of our questions from the I-129F in 2013, all the way through the N400 and naturalization ceremony yesterday. The guides were incredibly helpful, and for those situations where there is some grey area, the forums were a gold-mine of priceless information. We never even received an RFE, and all the credit goes to visajourney! So thank you all! We haven't posted much before, but will occasionally browse the forums and answer questions when we think we can help. We wish everyone the best of luck on your immigration journeys. We're all forever linked in this process.
  11. This might have already been answered, but just to clarify, IRS tax transcripts are the best way to go for proof of income. I think you can request at least three years worth. It's free and they can either mail them to your joint sponsor in a couple weeks time or is instantaneous if printed online. They come directly from the IRS so USCIS does not need to take your word for it. They are much better proof than a tax return. Here is the website. Good luck! https://www.irs.gov/individuals/get-transcript