knightingale

Help Regarding application of sibling

9 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Timeline

Hello,

Basically my elder brother is a US Citizen, i have gone through all the forms and he needs to submit my application form in the US.

As a petitioner he is supposed to submit i-130 form, birth certificate of himself and mine confirming same parents.

What i would like to know as i am the beneficiary my spouse will also be part of this application. Is my brother supposed to submit more documents then whats asked for (above).
Like my(beneficiary  marriage certificate, Police Character Certificates etc? or once my brother submit the application in the US i wait and when the time comes the US Embassy of Islamabad, Pakistan will ask me for all the relevant duly attested documents?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

hi

not now, all the civil documents for you and your family will need to be submitted at the NVC stage, maybe in 13 years or so.

for now the i130 is to prove the relationship between you and your brother. copies of birth certificates and translations into English of said documents

have him read the instructions of the i130 when he download the form

Filed: Other Timeline
18 minutes ago, aleful said:

hi

not now, all the civil documents for you and your family will need to be submitted at the NVC stage, maybe in 13 years or so.

for now the i130 is to prove the relationship between you and your brother. copies of birth certificates and translations into English of said documents

have him read the instructions of the i130 when he download the form

Thanks superstar, wow 13 years is a long LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG time. why does it take so long? i was looking the processing times at nebraska service centre it shows 12 months.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

hi,

for the first form, it may take years, since there isn't an immediate preference for siblings, less visas are granted in this category compared to others.

the approved i130 will be sent to NVC and archived until the next part of the process for years to come.

this is the visa bulletin for October, the dates immigration is working on for visa availability. Siblings are category F4

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/legal/visa-law0/visa-bulletin/2020/visa-bulletin-for-october-2019.html

Edited by aleful

Filed: EB-3 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
1 hour ago, knightingale said:

Thanks superstar, wow 13 years is a long LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG time. why does it take so long? i was looking the processing times at nebraska service centre it shows 12 months.

High demand and low amount issued per year with a long backlog. The processing times are only one factor. They could process your application in 24 hours but that doesn't change the fact that you wont be issued a visa until your priority date becomes current. I would say 13 years at a minimum. Looking at historical trends 15 years or more wouldn't be out of the question unfortunately. Also we are assuming you are not from either India, Mexico, or the Philippines. If you are then thats a whole different story in terms of wait. Missed that you are from Pakistan. Here-say warning: While it isn't law, this administration has been looking to end this visa category so there is even a chance that the visa won't exist in 15 years (Again this is not anywhere near being official but just something to be aware of). The approach to this visa category should almost be like the diversity visa, you should not plan your life around it as the wait time is extremely long to unknown.

Edited by designguy

2 hours ago, knightingale said:

There are annual max quotas for family based categories and a massive backlog. There are around 2.2m people already in the queue for sibling visas and an annual limit of 65k. 

https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/Statistics/Immigrant-Statistics/WaitingList/WaitingListItem_2018.pdf

3 hours ago, knightingale said:

A few reasons on why it takes so long. First, there are only a limited amount of immigrants that are aloud to immigrate to the US every year. And the ones who get first priority are spouses and minor children. Second, there are not many countries in the world that allow for someone to bring over their sibling (if you check, you own country may not even allow this). So because the US allows this, there is A LOT of people who want to take this benefit. And when it is a lot of people, the line gets really long. So your brother will have to wait it out.

It is better to have this option to bring your brother and wait a long time than to not have this option at all.

“When starting an immigration journey, the best advice is to understand that sacrifices have to be made... whether it is time, money, or separation; or a combination of all.” - Unlockable

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

13 years would seem to be VERY optimistic.

Spouse etc becomes a factor when the visa is current, not now, things can change.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.