jlquinniv

No Consulate Contact

8 posts in this topic

Hello.  My Filipina fiancé and I are working through the K-1 process.  I received a message from the NVC on 8/6 saying that they were forwarding our petition to the embassy in Manila.  It also says that the consulate will contact me when they are ready to process the petition. 

I'm a little confused about a couple of items.  First, should it take this long for them to contact me to proceed?  It's been almost 6 weeks.  I sort of thought it didn't usually take this long.  Should I contact them directly to see what's up or is that timeframe not unusual and I should just continue to wait?  How will they contact me?  Email?  Snail mail?  Smoke signal?

Second, while we're waiting, should my fiancé be doing anything?  Can she schedule anything or should we wait to hear from the consulate since we don't know the schedule yet?  

I just thought we would be hitting the homestretch by now and instead, we're idling.  Am I being impatient or should I be doing something to get things back on track?

I really appreciate any info experienced K-1'ers can provide.

Thanks!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
19 minutes ago, jlquinniv said:

Hello.  My Filipina fiancé and I are working through the K-1 process.  I received a message from the NVC on 8/6 saying that they were forwarding our petition to the embassy in Manila.  It also says that the consulate will contact me when they are ready to process the petition. 

I'm a little confused about a couple of items.  First, should it take this long for them to contact me to proceed?  It's been almost 6 weeks.  I sort of thought it didn't usually take this long.  Should I contact them directly to see what's up or is that timeframe not unusual and I should just continue to wait?  How will they contact me?  Email?  Snail mail?  Smoke signal?

Second, while we're waiting, should my fiancé be doing anything?  Can she schedule anything or should we wait to hear from the consulate since we don't know the schedule yet?  

I just thought we would be hitting the homestretch by now and instead, we're idling.  Am I being impatient or should I be doing something to get things back on track?

Thanks!

In our case, NVC sent to Manila 10-19,  Received 10-27,  Interview 12-14.  That was 2017.  May be a bit slower now.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
36 minutes ago, jlquinniv said:

Thanks!

Follow the 5 steps as listed on the embassy website.   You can get started RIGHT NOW.  You don't wait.  She could have interviewed by now 

If you wait for the embassy to contact you you will wait a very long time.   

Edited by payxibka

YMMV

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
4 hours ago, jlquinniv said:

Thanks!

WoW!!  You are burning daylight!!!!        Many never receive a letter/email from the embassy after NVC ships the case file.

Here is a link to the visa process in the Philippines:   https://www.visaconnection-philippines.com/us-embassy-usem.html    (CEAC link is under the I-129F section, Scheduling Interview tab) 

Check CEAC status, if it shows  READY you can get your interview scheduled and complete EVERYTHING!    Being it has been weeks I am very sure you CEAC status has been sitting at READY for some time now.

It is ROCK n ROLL time!!    (or as in your case has been for weeks! ;)  )

Lastly jump over to the Philippines forum for questions regarding the process for th Philippines.

Philippines forum:  https://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/129-philippines/

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

*** Country specific topic moved to Regional (Philippines) section.

VJ Moderation

“When starting an immigration journey, the best advice is to understand that sacrifices have to be made... whether it is time, money, or separation; or a combination of all.” - Unlockable

That letter they send is so confusing. Do not wait to do anything. When we did the K-1 my wife (at that time fiancé)  was already flying to the U.S. before those letters came to her in the mail..lol

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
3 hours ago, Zach2015 said:

That letter they send is so confusing. Do not wait to do anything. When we did the K-1 my wife (at that time fiancé)  was already flying to the U.S. before those letters came to her in the mail..lol

You were pretty close to done with the interview in a little over 3 weeks.   You hauled butt!  

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

NVC shipped our packet on 02-05-19. Embassy received it on 02-07-19. We interviewed on 02-21-19. The best advice I can give you is FOLLOW HANK'S ADVICE AND GO TO HIS SITE!!! I had been through the process before at another embassy so I understand it pretty well. Hank's site is foolproof for the process in Manila...

Not a newbie but lost my old info years ago) I have been through this process before --all the way through naturalization-- This site has always been a great help to me. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.