JonoB

How long does NVC take to review resubmitted documents?

593 posts in this topic

15 minutes ago, KKB said:

The waiting is over. I just got a notification for DQ. Now waiting for an interview date 

Hey congratulations 

Can you please tell whether this DQ was told (by NVC) in the email or did you check their website for DQ abd email was as simple as asking you to go to website to check your status chart? 

If you dont mind can you please share DQ email content?

1 minute ago, JiyaFaisal said:

Hey congratulations 

Can you please tell whether this DQ was told (by NVC) in the email or did you check their website for DQ abd email was as simple as asking you to go to website to check your status chart? 

If you dont mind can you please share DQ email content?

I got two emails, one of them asked me to check your status chart and the other said DQ we are arranging for an interview for you

23 minutes ago, KKB said:

I got two emails, one of them asked me to check your status chart and the other said DQ we are arranging for an interview for you

Okay 

One last concern

At any point of time Did they (NVC) ask you to hand sign / date the part 8 (line 6a and 6b) in your affidavit of support?

Or did u already submit the new version of affidavit i864 form with hand signatures?

1 minute ago, JiyaFaisal said:

Okay 

One last concern

At any point of time Did they (NVC) ask you to hand sign / date the part 8 (line 6a and 6b) in your affidavit of support?

Or did u already submit the new version of affidavit i864 form with hand signatures?

Or did they ask your spouse (visa Applicant) to bring new version of i864 affidavit of support form at the time of final interview along?

8 minutes ago, JiyaFaisal said:

Okay 

One last concern

Or did u already submit the new version of affidavit i864 form with 

You Dont have to hand sign anything or do any of that . Well do you have a lawyer? 

1 minute ago, Sumavia said:

You Dont have to hand sign anything or do any of that . Well do you have a lawyer? 

We recieved this email from NVC yesterday 

"If you provided a new form to us, these are the items that are still incorrect or missing. Please complete a new form and forward it to the visa applicant so it may be presented at their final interview. If you need another form, please visit http://nvc.state.gov/aos to download a new form and complete instructions. Please sign and date this by hand in Part 8, Lines 6.a. and 6.b., and replace this form."

That's why asking for hand signs

No we didn't hire any attorney for this purpose 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Iraq
Timeline
57 minutes ago, Sumavia said:

I was told by my lawyer that you do have to have everything hand signed and original copy must be taken to interview. I dont know if he is overly cautious or if he has seen other people get denied because it wasn't hand signed original. 

To me, it's not worth taking the risk to not hand sign it and have it taken to interview. 

3 hours ago, JiyaFaisal said:

kay 

One last concern

I  submitted new version of affidavit i864 form with hand signatures. 

6 hours ago, HKS said:

I was told by my lawyer that you do have to have everything hand signed and original copy must be taken to interview. I dont know if he is overly cautious or if he has seen other people get denied because it wasn't hand signed original. 

To me, it's not worth taking the risk to not hand sign it and have it taken to interview. 

I didnt hand sign anything tho. And its all accepted

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

I resubmitted document on 10th January, I just received dq email.

Good luck to everyone who's been waiting for dq, may luck be with you. 🙌🏻

25 minutes ago, SabaQazi said:

I resubmitted document on 10th January, I just received dq email.

Good luck to everyone who's been waiting for dq, may luck be with you. 🙌🏻

Hi saba

Congratulations on ur DQ

I had a question have been asking from everyone 

Did Nvc ask you to submit new version of i864 affidavit of support? Along with hand signatures? After resubmission or before resubmission 

Or did u aready submit a new i864 version with hand signs? 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
6 minutes ago, JiyaFaisal said:

Hi saba

Congratulations on ur DQ

I had a question have been asking from everyone 

Did Nvc ask you to submit new version of i864 affidavit of support? Along with hand signatures? After resubmission or before resubmission 

Or did u aready submit a new i864 version with hand signs? 

Hi Jiya!

We hired an attorney, he guided us all along. And Yes we have submitted the new version of affidavit.

Edited by SabaQazi

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.