JonoB

How long does NVC take to review resubmitted documents?

593 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Jackrayane said:

Mine was January 29. Yeah green card. Did everything the right way, only nvc been playing with me all over again. Every time they need more document. 7 month with nvc

Hi everyone

Can anyone please update which date's resubmissions are being answered by NVC

Our 2nd resubmission was on 17th March for a very very minor mistake (hand signs in affidavit) :(

On 3/13/2020 at 9:08 PM, SabaQazi said:

Hi Jiya!

We hired an attorney, he guided us all along. And Yes we have submitted the new version of affidavit.

Hi Saba 

Hope u are doing fine

When is ur interview scheduled  with embassy as u got dq on 13th? 

Also i heard embassies are closed for an unknown period of time

10 hours ago, Jackrayane said:

Mine was January 29. Yeah green card. Did everything the right way, only nvc been playing with me all over again. Every time they need more document. 7 month with nvc

Yes NVC is such a joke. We got DQ in Dec 2019 and was waiting for interview letter (unfortunately we are in a country that takes quite a few months for the embassy to schedule an interview). Then my baby was born in 2020 so we added the child to the case. Now NVC wants me to go back to the line and submit documents for my baby (so my case is not complete anymore). We haven’t got a passport for our baby yet and all the passport offices are closed due to COVId-19 until further notice. So we don’t even know when we can submit documents for NVC to review and after submit, still need to wait for 2 months + for them to review. 

Expecting being stuck with NVC for more than a year just because we had a baby! This doesn’t make sense and sounds pretty inhuman to me as it looks like my baby is being punished for not being able to with both parents when this young and when they need the love and care form both parents the most...

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline
8 hours ago, JiyaFaisal said:

Hi everyone

Can anyone please update which date's resubmissions are being answered by NVC

Our 2nd resubmission was on 17th March for a very very minor mistake (hand signs in affidavit) :(

4DBCB00B-DFCE-4BC6-AD4A-E09398F7957C.jpeg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
5 hours ago, usds2020 said:

Yes NVC is such a joke. We got DQ in Dec 2019 and was waiting for interview letter (unfortunately we are in a country that takes quite a few months for the embassy to schedule an interview). Then my baby was born in 2020 so we added the child to the case. Now NVC wants me to go back to the line and submit documents for my baby (so my case is not complete anymore). We haven’t got a passport for our baby yet and all the passport offices are closed due to COVId-19 until further notice. So we don’t even know when we can submit documents for NVC to review and after submit, still need to wait for 2 months + for them to review. 

Expecting being stuck with NVC for more than a year just because we had a baby! This doesn’t make sense and sounds pretty inhuman to me as it looks like my baby is being punished for not being able to with both parents when this young and when they need the love and care form both parents the most...

Have you considered filing an expedite request?  Might be worth trying, even if you get rejected.  Your case seems very unfair, you were DQ and then put back at the end of the line? Can’t the embassy process your child’s paperwork? Really ridiculous, I feel for you.  If it makes you feel better, our original NVC submission was rejected, I sent in the additional document, and now who knows when it will be approved and husband will get his interview, since all the embassies are closed.  My 18 month old daughter and I are currently in the US and he is abroad, who knows when we can travel back due to COVID-19... sigh...

5 hours ago, katkoota said:

Have you considered filing an expedite request?  Might be worth trying, even if you get rejected.  Your case seems very unfair, you were DQ and then put back at the end of the line? Can’t the embassy process your child’s paperwork? Really ridiculous, I feel for you.  If it makes you feel better, our original NVC submission was rejected, I sent in the additional document, and now who knows when it will be approved and husband will get his interview, since all the embassies are closed.  My 18 month old daughter and I are currently in the US and he is abroad, who knows when we can travel back due to COVID-19... sigh...

Embassy can’t do anything because our case was still at NVC after DQ. There’s a long wait time to get an interview at our embassy, so yeah even after NVC, we still need to wait for a long time :( 

I wouldn’t care that much if it’s just me waiting as I have been waiting long enough. I just feel bad for my baby :’( We didn’t do anything wrong, but still got pushed back to the end of the line.

I know it’s hard to be apart from your husband, especially during this period. But the most important thing now is to stay safe and healthy! Take good care of yourself and your daughter :) 

Edited by usds2020

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
23 hours ago, usds2020 said:

Embassy can’t do anything because our case was still at NVC after DQ. There’s a long wait time to get an interview at our embassy, so yeah even after NVC, we still need to wait for a long time :( 

I wouldn’t care that much if it’s just me waiting as I have been waiting long enough. I just feel bad for my baby :’( We didn’t do anything wrong, but still got pushed back to the end of the line.

I know it’s hard to be apart from your husband, especially during this period. But the most important thing now is to stay safe and healthy! Take good care of yourself and your daughter :) 

Thank you, you too!  You will get through this, and I’m sure your husband and child will share a wonderful bond despite being apart right now.  Stay strong and all the best.

I received letter from `nvc to submit the required papers in July 19 and submitted it in Sep-19. In Nov19 they asked to copy marriage translation In wife's account also and all other documents were accepted. I submitted it and in Jan20, they updated status and now there were aprox 5 documents which were missing. They mixed every thing. They mentioned birth certificate was missing but birth certificate was already accepted but now the document title was different (Birth Certificate - Marriage Cert) but the attached file was birth certificate and status was accepted. I re-uploaded docs and also sent email to NVC that docs are already accepted. Got standard reply  that my docs will be reviewed. Now I got another update and this time, again couple of docs missing.I don't think I have any choice except re-uploading the docs. Didn't receive any message from NVC why I have to re-upload.

12 minutes ago, msohail said:

I received letter from `nvc to submit the required papers in July 19 and submitted it in Sep-19. In Nov19 they asked to copy marriage translation In wife's account also and all other documents were accepted. I submitted it and in Jan20, they updated status and now there were aprox 5 documents which were missing. They mixed every thing. They mentioned birth certificate was missing but birth certificate was already accepted but now the document title was different (Birth Certificate - Marriage Cert) but the attached file was birth certificate and status was accepted. I re-uploaded docs and also sent email to NVC that docs are already accepted. Got standard reply  that my docs will be reviewed. Now I got another update and this time, again couple of docs missing.I don't think I have any choice except re-uploading the docs. Didn't receive any message from NVC why I have to re-upload.

Did you do everything yourself or got it done by an Agent ?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.