Og & St

K-1 RFE

26 posts in this topic

A mistake was made in my tourist visa, my fiancé name was meant to be written where I was asked if I know someone in the US but the woman that filled the form made a mistake and wrote my fiancé name as my husband.

He was sent an RFE recently but hasn't received the letter, how do we prove we ain't married yet which is the truth?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Tricky one, I have seen similar cases on here but none that have come back with how it was resolved.

Better bet would be to get married, but then they may query the difference in dates.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

6 hours ago, flfreddy said:

Certificate of no marriage or single.

Only proves one did not get married in that particular jurisdiction.

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
3 hours ago, Og & St said:

He has received the rfe and asked to explain the mistake in a letter.

Should he include the certificate of no marriage or single?

In want country is he appling for the tourist visa?

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline
42 minutes ago, Og & St said:

@Hank in US

41 minutes ago, Og & St said:

@ Hank now he filed for k1 visa and the saw the ds160 form and sent an rfe requesting explanation for the discrepancy.

Hope you understand now

You (in what country?) had a (name) mistake on your tourist visa application, then your fiance filed the I-129F petition for you, and you are now at the embassy phase of the process ...?

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

@ Hank, I'm in Nigeria, in the ds160 that was filled on my behalf a year ago my fiancé name was meant to be written as my US contact person, the woman that filled the form wrote married and my fiancé name as my spouse while we ain't married yet. I got the form from her a day before the interview, I didn't know what else to do.

Now he filed I-129F an rfe was sent to explain the discrepancy

Timeline
1 hour ago, Og & St said:

@ Hank, I'm in Nigeria, in the ds160 that was filled on my behalf a year ago my fiancé name was meant to be written as my US contact person, the woman that filled the form wrote married and my fiancé name as my spouse while we ain't married yet. I got the form from her a day before the interview, I didn't know what else to do.

Now he filed I-129F an rfe was sent to explain the discrepancy

He just filed the I-129F with USCIS?  And he was already asked about your DS-160 with the discrepancy?

Did you complete the interview for the tourist visa already?       This woman completed the DS-160 for you?    You did not review it.  She clicked the submit button, not you?

From the Dept of State website for the DS-160    https://ceac.state.gov/genniv/

Other people can assist you with your visa application. Note that under U.S. law (22 C.F.R. 41.103) you must electronically sign and submit your own application unless you qualify for an exemption. Even if someone else helped you complete the application, you (the applicant) must click the “Sign Application” button, or your application may not be accepted.

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

@Hank, He filed for I-129f in May 2019 and received the RFE this month. I didnt know how to go about filling the ds160 then, so I was connected to her to fill it, I sent her the names she requested for, she requested for my email address and password as well which I gave her.

She stays very far so I wasn't present to click the sign button.

I collected the already filled form a day before my interview when I arrived that state for the interview.

My fiancé received an rfe asking us to explain why my a year ago tourist ds160 bears married while he filled not married in I-129f this year.

Hope you understand now.

Timeline

If USCIS is only asking for an explanation, then you will have to explain how this happened - allowed another to complete and submit the DS-160 without your reviewing the document, so you were not aware of the fact that this person entered erroneous information in the DS-160.

Have to please USCIS to get the approved petition

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.