AlexDRavn92

Expedite request APPROVED

18 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Denmark
Timeline

Hello Visa Journey.

Friday I got accepted by the embassy to expedite my case, and received an email from the NVC that they sent it our already.

Does anybody know what is the next steps for me to do now?

Do I still have to submit things in the CEAC?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

Same here, but I didn’t submit anything to CEAC, your Embassy should sent you an email soon about what you should do and what document you should prepare for the interview..

however, in the meantime, you should still complete the DS-260 application online, you just don’t have to submit photos, paperworks, And you saved AOS fee~ 

Edited by Rexxx
I-130 Sent : 2019-03-22

I-130 NOA1 :

I-130 NOA1(Account Access Letter) :

I-130 Called for Expedite (requested accepted)

I-130 Expedite Documents sent and received by TSC

I-130 petition approved

NOA2 Received, Notice Date 15 May 2019

NVC Received File, assigned case# and invoice#

NVC Expedite requested and approved

NVC Sent file to Embassy ( In-Transit )

Embassy Received, scheduled for interview on 08-13 

VISA Approved

POE Detroit, reunited with my wife

i-751 Sent (Remove Conditions on Residence) 

i-751 NOA1 Received (18 months extension)

Biometrics taken

i-751 RFE Request

i-751 RFE Documents Sent

i-751 Approved!!!

2019-04-04

2019-04-07

2019-04-08

2019-05-14

2019-05-15

2019-05-21

2019-06-19

2019-06-19

2019-06-19

2019-06-20

2019-08-13

2019-10-03

2021-07-27

2021-08-05

2021-09-29

2023-08-04

2023-10-12

2023-10-17

Timeline
11 minutes ago, Rexxx said:

Same here, but I didn’t submit anything to CEAC, your Embassy should sent you an email soon about what you should do and what document you should prepare for the interview..

however, in the meantime, you should still complete the DS-260 application online, you just don’t have to submit photos, paperworks, And you saved AOS fee~ 

Okay, so do I receive an email when they receive my petition or will they sent the email our before? 

Right now my case status on NVC just says (In Transit).

And do you know who schedules the interview?

Do I have to contact the embassy, or will they schedule it for me?

Thank you so much for your help. :)

3 hours ago, AlexDRavn92 said:

Hello Visa Journey.

Friday I got accepted by the embassy to expedite my case, and received an email from the NVC that they sent it our already.

Does anybody know what is the next steps for me to do now?

Do I still have to submit things in the CEAC?

Hi Alex, 

if you don't mind me asking, what was the reason for your expedite request? we're also thinking of doing the same but just gathering information as to what kind of reasons are usually approved for this. if you don't feel comfortable posting, no worries. just that the process is taking longer than the 12-14 month time frame for our particular case and we'd like to start a family soon as i'm already 37 y/o. just wondering if a reason like this has ever been accepted or denied for the reason to expedite. 

thanks again, best of luck to you. 

Luisa

Timeline
3 hours ago, Rexxx said:

Hello again.

I just received the checklist from the embassy, and it says that there is some documents I need to scan into the CEAC before the interview.

So did you get your interview date with the checklist email, or when do I receive the actual date? 

Or is it when I have scanned all the required documents into the system?

_______

(EDIT POST)

Nevermind my quesions! :) (I just want to get this proces done, and I am becoming anxious).

At the very bottom of the very long email, it says "please let us know by responding to this email, when you have all the documents ready, so you can be scheduled for an interview".

Edited by AlexDRavn92

Timeline
39 minutes ago, Lia Luisa said:

Hi Alex, 

if you don't mind me asking, what was the reason for your expedite request? we're also thinking of doing the same but just gathering information as to what kind of reasons are usually approved for this. if you don't feel comfortable posting, no worries. just that the process is taking longer than the 12-14 month time frame for our particular case and we'd like to start a family soon as i'm already 37 y/o. just wondering if a reason like this has ever been accepted or denied for the reason to expedite. 

thanks again, best of luck to you. 

Luisa

Hello Luisa.

So we applied on 3 reasons.

1. My wife has MS, and therefore would need my help during the day, and she just moved to the US to start her job.

2. Financial hardship since we now are paying for two apartments in California and one for me in Denmark.

3. Extreme delay at the fault of USCIS, since they never sent our approved petition and would help us, since they stated that they can't do anything until we wait 90 days.

2 hours ago, AlexDRavn92 said:

Hello Luisa.

So we applied on 3 reasons.

1. My wife has MS, and therefore would need my help during the day, and she just moved to the US to start her job.

2. Financial hardship since we now are paying for two apartments in California and one for me in Denmark.

3. Extreme delay at the fault of USCIS, since they never sent our approved petition and would help us, since they stated that they can't do anything until we wait 90 days.

Hey thank you so much for getting back to me :) Appreciate it !! Will submit a request too.

Blessings on your journey!!

Timeline
13 hours ago, AlexDRavn92 said:

Hello again.

I just received the checklist from the embassy, and it says that there is some documents I need to scan into the CEAC before the interview.

So did you get your interview date with the checklist email, or when do I receive the actual date? 

Or is it when I have scanned all the required documents into the system?

_______

(EDIT POST)

Nevermind my quesions! :) (I just want to get this proces done, and I am becoming anxious).

At the very bottom of the very long email, it says "please let us know by responding to this email, when you have all the documents ready, so you can be scheduled for an interview".

haha, no problem at all.

yeah, the email from Embassy should give you all the information you need to proceed to next step.

you can actually schedule interview date already, even though you don’t have everything ready. Just have to get the documents before interview and send to them for scanning purpose.

I-130 NOA1 :

I-130 petition approved

VISA Approved

Biometrics taken

i-751 RFE Request

i-751 RFE Documents Sent

i-751 Approved!!!

2019-04-04

2019-04-07

2019-04-08

2019-05-14

2019-05-15

2019-05-21

2019-06-19

2019-06-19

2019-06-19

2019-06-20

2019-08-13

2019-10-03

2021-07-27

2021-08-05

2021-09-29

2023-08-04

2023-10-12

2023-10-17

Timeline
3 hours ago, Rexxx said:

haha, no problem at all.

yeah, the email from Embassy should give you all the information you need to proceed to next step.

you can actually schedule interview date already, even though you don’t have everything ready. Just have to get the documents before interview and send to them for scanning purpose.

Thank you :) 

Do you know how i schedule the interview myself?

Because in the mail they said they will schedule it when they receive my documents.

But online on CEAC i can't find anywhere to schedule an interview.

Timeline
5 minutes ago, AlexDRavn92 said:

Thank you :) 

Do you know how i schedule the interview myself?

Because in the mail they said they will schedule it when they receive my documents.

But online on CEAC i can't find anywhere to schedule an interview.

Not sure about your specific embassy..My spouse is processed through Embassy Tokyo and the main website have the interview schedule page, I just input the information the successfully get a date for interview on the email in a few days..

it never hurt to call and ask your local embassy...if you wait for you documents then schedule the interview date, it’s gonna be another long wait depends on the embassy 

I-130 NOA1 :

I-130 petition approved

VISA Approved

Biometrics taken

i-751 RFE Request

i-751 RFE Documents Sent

i-751 Approved!!!

2019-04-04

2019-04-07

2019-04-08

2019-05-14

2019-05-15

2019-05-21

2019-06-19

2019-06-19

2019-06-19

2019-06-20

2019-08-13

2019-10-03

2021-07-27

2021-08-05

2021-09-29

2023-08-04

2023-10-12

2023-10-17

Timeline
35 minutes ago, Rexxx said:

Not sure about your specific embassy..My spouse is processed through Embassy Tokyo and the main website have the interview schedule page, I just input the information the successfully get a date for interview on the email in a few days..

it never hurt to call and ask your local embassy...if you wait for you documents then schedule the interview date, it’s gonna be another long wait depends on the embassy 

So I just found the out that there is a place for the Swedish embassy to schedule an appointment myself.

I did uploaded all my documents last night, that they asked me to scan into the CEAC.

How was your experience with scheduling your own appointment?

Is it okay, when they haven't even accepted the documents?

Timeline
On 9/9/2019 at 11:48 PM, AlexDRavn92 said:

So I just found the out that there is a place for the Swedish embassy to schedule an appointment myself.

I did uploaded all my documents last night, that they asked me to scan into the CEAC.

How was your experience with scheduling your own appointment?

Is it okay, when they haven't even accepted the documents?

its pretty fast, after filling out online form, I got an email which has available dates on it.

I picked one date,  another email came later saying the appointment was confirmed.  And I have no documents ready at that time, just make sure you have everything on the interview date.

I-130 NOA1 :

I-130 petition approved

VISA Approved

Biometrics taken

i-751 RFE Request

i-751 RFE Documents Sent

i-751 Approved!!!

2019-04-04

2019-04-07

2019-04-08

2019-05-14

2019-05-15

2019-05-21

2019-06-19

2019-06-19

2019-06-19

2019-06-20

2019-08-13

2019-10-03

2021-07-27

2021-08-05

2021-09-29

2023-08-04

2023-10-12

2023-10-17

• 3 months later...

Hi, 

I just learned that the NVC finally accepted my case and am considering applying to have my papers expedited. The only thing holding me back is not having clear instructions of the next steps as you described. After going through the process, do you recommend requesting to have it expedited or did it create more unforeseen problems? I would love to hear your insight. Thank you.

Timeline
1 minute ago, S&S16 said:

Hi, 

I just learned that the NVC finally accepted my case and am considering applying to have my papers expedited. The only thing holding me back is not having clear instructions of the next steps as you described. After going through the process, do you recommend requesting to have it expedited or did it create more unforeseen problems? I would love to hear your insight. Thank you.

So applying for expedite doesn't affect your case at all.

The NVC sends the request for expedite to your embassy and the Embassy will determine to see if they will allow to have your case expedited.
So I would say just try it.

• 4 weeks later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Greece
Timeline
On 9/9/2019 at 5:17 PM, Rexxx said:

haha, no problem at all.

when you expedited at NVC level, what was your process? how did you find out that NVC had received your case? 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.