Richard Purves

Reaffirm Process

22 posts in this topic

8 minutes ago, Wuozopo said:

Good info about medical. 👍

You're in totally unknown territory to me. If saying missed appointment is the only way to get past the computer system and they suggested it, then I would try it. Sounds like a work around for cases that don't fit the norm. 

Here's the screenshot of the warning. It's serious enough that I've logged a support ticket with the website maintainers. I'm making sure this is all correct before I go any further.

So this thread is now more about documenting this entire process as it currently stands for London. This might be the only visibility on this process that we have currently. I certainly haven't found anything else anywhere else in this level of detail. The biggest issue was the embassy reply was a form letter.

To recap:

• Petition reaffirmed after NOIR. Took about a month from that to go from USCIS to NVC to Embassy.
  • File received at Embassy on September 11th. They immediately send a letter that I've posted up above.
  • The link provided is for family visas rather than my employment based visa. I follow instructions there as best I can.
  • Thanks to @Wuozopo's suggestion, I find existing DS-260 has been re-enabled. I needed my old NVC letters to access that. (Moral: keep all your documentation!)
  • Called Knightsbridge Medical exactly AT 9am this morning and thankfully got straight in. Medical booked for Wednesday 18th morning.
  • Attempted to arrange new interview through AIS website. New user group, new account even new email address all fail to work because "DS-260 number already in use".
  • Website form request to London results in form letter about rearranging a missed appointment.
  • Two phone calls, one Skype call to https://ais.usvisa-info.com/en-gb/iv/information/contact_us result in nothing. Emailed their customer support team. Told I'd get a response in 3-4 business days.
  • When I get home today, I'll be making sure I have all my paperwork. Pretty sure I already do, but never hurts to double check!

•  

Screenshot 2019-09-16 at 16.47.33.png

Confirmed by email from the Consular Department: I have to use the missed appointment function, even though I have not!

I put in a reason and it was immediately approved. Phew!

Edited by Richard Purves

Thank you all for putting up with this thread. I hope it's been informative.

I've medical tomorrow on September 18th. My interview is October 1st at 10am. (could have had sooner but gave two weeks for medical to come through).

Wish me luck. As I type this, it's all now hitting home and I may be ill somewhere.

Filed: O-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
15 hours ago, Richard Purves said:

I've medical tomorrow on September 18th. My interview is October 1st at 10am. (could have had sooner but gave two weeks for medical to come through).

Wish me luck. As I type this, it's all now hitting home and I may be ill somewhere.

Best of luck to you! You have many cheerleaders

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
20 hours ago, Richard Purves said:

Best of luck

Thank you all.

Oh @Wuozopo.. I'm actually at Knightsbridge right now. They verbally confirmed they're forced to use DX Couriers like everyone else. So any hiccups in the process when they moved embassy is likely down to that. I do remember Knightsbridge at the time running at capacity.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.