Richard Purves

Reaffirm Process

22 posts in this topic

Hello,

Short version. I've been 221(g)'d, NOIR'd and as of August 9th reaffirmed for my EB-1. I got a letter sent on the 29th informing me that NVC has sent my file back to the London embassy. (I got that letter a week later).

What happens now? I assume contacted by embassy in some form, new medical and police certificate?

5 hours ago, Richard Purves said:

Well it turns out that 13 days later you go back into Administrative Processing again ;)

Well, it’s moving, that has to be a positive! 🙏

Filed: O-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
19 hours ago, Richard Purves said:

Well it turns out that 13 days later you go back into Administrative Processing again ;)

What? Before or after the interview? Waiting to hear more

Edited by fs2439

9 minutes ago, fs2439 said:

What? Before or after the interview? Waiting to hear more

I should clarify. I had an interview Jan 30th 2018. Didn't go well.

Went into AP then and had my file sent back to NVC, then to USCIS. Got a NOIR. Beat that and reaffirmed last month. Notified file was being sent to embassy by NVC on Aug 29th. I assume that this AP is the embassy getting my file back.

I am unsure of exactly what happens next from here. I have more recent photographs and police certificate from last week just in case.

Oh great googly moogly. This just got real again. I've attached a suitably censored pdf of the letter I've just received. (and there's an A number in the corner ...)

So this is a little confusing. I'm guessing this is mixed up in the way I've seen discussed in other areas of this forum? I've got passport, police cert, photographs and don't need anything else. So I book medical now and after that's arranged, log into AIS and schedule another appointment? I'll be leaving a gap of at least three weeks between medical and appointment.

U.S. Embassy London_0001.pdf

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
40 minutes ago, Richard Purves said:

Oh great googly moogly. This just got real again. I've attached a suitably censored pdf of the letter I've just received. (and there's an A number in the corner ...)

So this is a little confusing. I'm guessing this is mixed up in the way I've seen discussed in other areas of this forum? I've got passport, police cert, photographs and don't need anything else. So I book medical now and after that's arranged, log into AIS and schedule another appointment? I'll be leaving a gap of at least three weeks between medical and appointment.

U.S. Embassy London_0001.pdf 539.28 kB · 3 downloads

Maybe it means you are starting over on this page with consular processing, much like DCF and K1 applicants, i.e. skipping NVC

So do you have a valid DS-260 submitted and there's nothing you want to redo on it? Trips to add?

Then carry on as instructed on the webpage. If your medical has been six months then part will be done over. (Sorry, not keeping your timeline to mind.) or all of it done over. Make sure police certificate is still in timeframe, passport has plenty of time left, photos are not too old for interview, etc. Just review the required documents to make sure. 

Edited by Wuozopo

Thanks @Wuozopo . I'd agree with that. NVC passed it straight through after reaffirm and I've a letter to confirm that from them.

My medical was January 2018, so I'd pretty much assumed I'd need another. I've new photos taken two weeks ago, and a new police certificate of similar age. Passport good until 2025, although the Saudi visa in it did raise some eyebrows last time.

Taking your advice and I'm checking over my DS-260, because I still have all the docs from the first time around 😉 . I think the only things worth updating is the work history, and potential final address.

Oh interesting. Without a NVC invoice number, I can't redo the DS-260. Doesn't matter, my ESTA was revoked at last interview so I can't add any more US trips to it anyway.

Timeline
1 hour ago, Richard Purves said:

Oh interesting. Without a NVC invoice number, I can't redo the DS-260. Doesn't matter, my ESTA was revoked at last interview so I can't add any more US trips to it anyway.

If you need to change something, this explains:

If you have made an error when completing the DS-260 you are required to correct the error and re-transmit it if the error concerns the Background and Security questions or passport number.  Please contact us through our website as we will be required to unlock your case before you can amend the information.  If the error is in the biographic details, you may notify the consular officer on the day of your interview and take no further action.

And this FAQ may be useful because IVU is processing now, not NVC.

If the Immigrant Visa Unit at the Embassy in London is processing your immigrant visa application, you should enter your case number (normally beginning with LND) and, in place of the invoice number, your date of birth (in the format YYYYMMDD). If you have further questions about completing the DS-260, see the Department of State’s website for further information.

And forgot to add:  the TB clearance expires at 6 months. The other things may not. I know of some who only had to re-do the chest x-ray and not full medical,  but that has been some years ago. They didn't have to pay the full exam price. Something to ask when you call and ask again when you arrive. (The one that answers the phone may not give the correct answer.)

Edited by Wuozopo

18 minutes ago, Wuozopo said:

If you need to change something, this explains:

If you have made an error when completing the DS-260 you are required to correct the error and re-transmit it if the error concerns the Background and Security questions or passport number.  Please contact us through our website as we will be required to unlock your case before you can amend the information.  If the error is in the biographic details, you may notify the consular officer on the day of your interview and take no further action.

And this FAQ may be useful because IVU is processing now, not NVC.

If the Immigrant Visa Unit at the Embassy in London is processing your immigrant visa application, you should enter your case number (normally beginning with LND) and, in place of the invoice number, your date of birth (in the format YYYYMMDD). If you have further questions about completing the DS-260, see the Department of State’s website for further information.

And forgot to add:  the TB clearance expires at 6 months. The other things may not. I know of some who only had to re-do the chest x-ray and not full medical,  but that has been some years ago. They didn't have to pay the full exam price. Something to ask when you call and ask again when you arrive. (The one that answers the phone may not give the correct answer.)

Well the good news is the out of date stuff is the biographic details. So that can be done at interview time: I just have to remind myself to bring that info with me.

As for the medical, that's good to hear. I'll bring that up if I can get through to them on Monday. Nice one! (if I have to be x-rayed again, well I'm looking forward to having super powers 😛 ).

@Wuozopo Just a quick FYI ... I dug out my old NVC information. I found my DS-260 was open again already. I'm glad you inspired me to check that, anyway it's up to date again and this time I had to add my social media handles. Once again, thanks for the tip off.

I somehow beat the odds and got through first time at 9am this morning. Medical booked for Wednesday 18th morning.

@Wuozopo I did ask and they don't discount anymore. It's full medical or nothing. 

One very annoying thing is my DS-260. The only options to organise another interview date refuse to work as my DS-260 is counted as being in use already. I used the online form for the Visa Section and got a form reply about the "missed appointment" option. They can't be serious about my using that? I didn't miss the first appointment and there's big warnings for using this when a visa has been refused.

Timeline
1 hour ago, Richard Purves said:

I somehow beat the odds and got through first time at 9am this morning. Medical booked for Wednesday 18th morning.

@Wuozopo I did ask and they don't discount anymore. It's full medical or nothing. 

One very annoying thing is my DS-260. The only options to organise another interview date refuse to work as my DS-260 is counted as being in use already. I used the online form for the Visa Section and got a form reply about the "missed appointment" option. They can't be serious about my using that? I didn't miss the first appointment and there's big warnings for using this when a visa has been refused.

Good info about medical. 👍

You're in totally unknown territory to me. If saying missed appointment is the only way to get past the computer system and they suggested it, then I would try it. Sounds like a work around for cases that don't fit the norm. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.