Laila.Jawad

Bringing my father to us from Afghanistan

18 posts in this topic

Filed: I-1 Visa Country: Afghanistan
Timeline

Hello all, my husband filled for petition to bring his father to us and filled I130 on February 7th, we just recurved letter on August 28th to provide original birth certificate. He has the original birth certificate that's been translated in engliu with all the stamps and signs but not the original dari or pashtoo language version. We can't get that one because my husband is deployed for work and there's no way he can go back to Kabul to get the original foreign language version. What do we do? Do we resend the Emglish version or is there any other suggestions. I would really appreciate your help please. 

Just Married

NOVEMBER 8, 2013

4 minutes ago, Laila.Jawad said:

Hello all, my husband filled for petition to bring his father to us and filled I130 on February 7th, we just recurved letter on August 28th to provide original birth certificate. He has the original birth certificate that's been translated in engliu with all the stamps and signs but not the original dari or pashtoo language version. We can't get that one because my husband is deployed for work and there's no way he can go back to Kabul to get the original foreign language version. What do we do? Do we resend the Emglish version or is there any other suggestions. I would really appreciate your help please. 

Maybe his father can go and get it?

Filed: EB-3 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
6 minutes ago, Laila.Jawad said:

He has the original birth certificate that's been translated in engliu with all the stamps and signs but not the original dari or pashtoo language version.

If he has the original BC that has been translated what is the "other" original? There are two versions?

Timeline

There's an afghan version that's called tazkira and then he got It translated to English. So he has only the English translated but not the afghan tazkira 

Just Married

NOVEMBER 8, 2013

Timeline

@Jorgedig according to my husband his father can't get it from there cause he needs to be present to get a copy of it. 

Just Married

NOVEMBER 8, 2013

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline
7 minutes ago, Laila.Jawad said:

There's an afghan version that's called tazkira and then he got It translated to English. So he has only the English translated but not the afghan tazkira 

I'm confused.

He sent in the English translation of his birth certificate.  He did not send a copy of the original birth certificate.

What's the deadline on the letter to send in a copy of the original BC?

This is the official DOS page, you don't need the birth certificate but you need the tazkera, it says "Applicants outside of Afghanistan should contact their nearest Afghan Embassy or Consulate on how to obtain a tazkera.  "

So he needs to do that (It does not say unavailable if outside the country, which he would be able to use as a reason to not present it as it is for some countries). It also says:

Alternate Documents: There are no alternate documents.

Exceptions: None

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/Visa-Reciprocity-and-Civil-Documents-by-Country/Afghanistan.html

Edited by SusieQQQ

Timeline
12 minutes ago, aaron2020 said:

I'm confused.

He sent in the English translation of his birth certificate.  He did not send a copy of the original birth certificate.

What's the deadline on the letter to send in a copy of the original BC?

Yes He send the English translated version and not the original copy of it. And deadline is November 21, 2019. I'm so lost I don't know what to do. I called immigration services and they won't give me any specific answer cause I'm not the petitioner or applicant. And my husband is not here to speak to them as well 

Just Married

NOVEMBER 8, 2013

36 minutes ago, Laila.Jawad said:

@Jorgedig according to my husband his father can't get it from there cause he needs to be present to get a copy of it. 

The father cannot get a copy of his own birth certificate?

Timeline
29 minutes ago, SusieQQQ said:

This is the official DOS page, you don't need the birth certificate but you need the tazkera, it says "Applicants outside of Afghanistan should contact their nearest Afghan Embassy or Consulate on how to obtain a tazkera.  "

So he needs to do that (It does not say unavailable if outside the country, which he would be able to use as a reason to not present it as it is for some countries). It also says:

Alternate Documents: There are no alternate documents.

Exceptions: None

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/Visa-Reciprocity-and-Civil-Documents-by-Country/Afghanistan.html

So you're saying he doesn't need the tazkira??? He lost the tazkira but has English translated version. Would they accept that? Or do I still need tazkira??? 

Just Married

NOVEMBER 8, 2013

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Jorgedig said:

The father cannot get a copy of his own birth certificate?

Sorry for confusing you but yes his father can not go and get copy of  birth certificate for his son from Kabul Afghanistan (per my husband saying) I'm not saying this but according to my husband his dad can't get the copy for him. He has to be there. I don't know if he is correct or not. 

Just Married

NOVEMBER 8, 2013

30 minutes ago, Laila.Jawad said:

Sorry for confusing you but yes his father can not go and get copy of  birth certificate for his son from Kabul Afghanistan (per my husband saying) I'm not saying this but according to my husband his dad can't get the copy for him. He has to be there. I don't know if he is correct or not. 

Okay:  is it the birth certificate of the father or the son that is needed?  If it is for the father, it makes no sense whatsoever that the father cannot obtain a copy of his own birth certificate, from within his own country, regardless of its intended use.

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline
57 minutes ago, Laila.Jawad said:

Yes He send the English translated version and not the original copy of it. And deadline is November 21, 2019. I'm so lost I don't know what to do. I called immigration services and they won't give me any specific answer cause I'm not the petitioner or applicant. And my husband is not here to speak to them as well 

Got it.

Your husband sent in the English translation of his birth certificate without a copy of the original.  He sent in an incomplete I-130 and got an RFE for a copy of his original BC.

If your husband does not send in a copy of his original BC by November 21, then the case will be closed for an incomplete I-130.

Your husband needs a copy of his original BC.  There is no way around this.  If he doesn't do it by Nov. 21, he can always file again when he has everything required to file the I-130.  

2 hours ago, Laila.Jawad said:

So you're saying he doesn't need the tazkira??? He lost the tazkira but has English translated version. Would they accept that? Or do I still need tazkira??? 

Please read it properly....  it says that he needs to contact his closest afghan embassy or consulate to get a tazkera. A tazkera is not the same as a birth certificate. The link I provided explains it all in quite a lot of detail but the important takeaway for you is that he must get one, your husband’s assertion that he cannot get one if he is not in Afghanistan is not what the official guidelines say. And they go by their guidelines. This is obviously why he was asked to provide it.

Edited by SusieQQQ

Timeline
2 hours ago, SusieQQQ said:

Please read it properly....  it says that he needs to contact his closest afghan embassy or consulate to get a tazkera. A tazkera is not the same as a birth certificate. The link I provided explains it all in quite a lot of detail but the important takeaway for you is that he must get one, your husband’s assertion that he cannot get one if he is not in Afghanistan is not what the official guidelines say. And they go by their guidelines. This is obviously why he was asked to provide it.

Got it thank you so much I'll have to ask him to come back to us and do all these. He is deployed in Afghanistan. 

Just Married

NOVEMBER 8, 2013

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.