MovingToFlorida

Montreal immigration interview wait time link (merged topics)

43 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, MNH said:

I was under impression that your Visa class does not matter once you are Documentary Qualified. But it seems they do matter, since some IR/CR1 people already got their IL.

By the way, Our PD was Jul 2007 and DQ on Sep 2019. Still waiting for interview. Please let me when you get your IL. You're the closest case to us I found.

We are F3.

Filed: F-3 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
1 hour ago, MNH said:

I was under impression that your Visa class does not matter once you are Documentary Qualified. But it seems they do matter, since some IR/CR1 people already got their IL.

By the way, Our PD was Jul 2007 and DQ on Sep 2019. Still waiting for interview. Please let me when you get your IL. You're the closest case to us I found.

Which visa type are you? 

I can send you a private msg so we can keep each other updated. I have an F4 and I think another F2 that we are keeping in touch for the same reason. it's nice to compare. 

Timeline
5 hours ago, MNH said:

I was under impression that your Visa class does not matter once you are Documentary Qualified. But it seems they do matter, since some IR/CR1 people already got their IL.

By the way, Our PD was Jul 2007 and DQ on Sep 2019. Still waiting for interview. Any estimated timeline?

Our PD is November 2006 and DQ July 26 2019. I'm so happy to have found another F3! I have no idea what our timeline is like. Closest I have fohnd are F2 and they waited about 9 months after DQ for their interview letter. 

Yes I thought visa type priority didn't matter at this point either but it's obvious it still does as you said.

Edited by MovingToFlorida

Timeline

Anyone know why the Montreal consulate is so slow in booking interviews compared to other countries? 

I'm seeing F3 Visa's in Nigeria, India and Pakistan getting interviews 2 months after their case was completed. 

Yet even spousal visas are waiting 6 months for Montreal. 

I'm F3 and waiting 6 months now. Expecting to wait at least another 4 months. 

Why does it take Montreal so long?  Hoping now that they moved locations it speeds up for everyone. Maybe the move caused a backlog?

All depends on how backlogged the embassy is. Juarez applicants are waiting around a year for interviews. When I was going through the process Abu Dhabi applicants were waiting around 18 months.

Timeline in brief:

Married: September 27, 2014

I-130 filed: February 5, 2016

NOA1: February 8, 2016 Nebraska

NOA2: July 21, 2016

Interview: December 6, 2016 London

POE: December 19, 2016 Las Vegas

N-400 filed: September 30, 2019

Interview: March 22, 2021 Seattle

Oath: March 22, 2021 COVID-style same-day oath

Now a US citizen!

Timeline
3 hours ago, Montrealy said:

They are slow because they can. Who’s going to do anything about it? And it was the case before the move, they didn’t give interviews last spring/summer so they caused a backlog.

Just wondered why the difference. If there was a reason. I didn't know they stopped interviews last spring/summer. That's good to know at least. Do you know why they did that?

Timeline
12 hours ago, JFH said:

All depends on how backlogged the embassy is. Juarez applicants are waiting around a year for interviews. When I was going through the process Abu Dhabi applicants were waiting around 18 months.

Makes sense. I just wondered if maybe there was a specific reason they are so back logged compared to others. 

1 hour ago, MovingToFlorida said:

Just wondered why the difference. If there was a reason. I didn't know they stopped interviews last spring/summer. That's good to know at least. Do you know why they did that?

Nobody knows. If I recall correctly, looking at the stats published by DOS, it looks like they may have prioritized other visa categories. But anything is possible and it can happen again anytime...

On 1/18/2020 at 5:33 PM, Montrealy said:

They are slow because they can. Who’s going to do anything about it? And it was the case before the move, they didn’t give interviews last spring/summer so they caused a backlog.

Just because we didn't see anyone on VJ doing an interview doesn't mean they didn't happen. 

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Timeline
1 hour ago, NikLR said:

Just because we didn't see anyone on VJ doing an interview doesn't mean they didn't happen. 

Good point. I swear I saw people with interviews every month in the spring and summer last year 🤔

Montreal used to be quick with interviews.  I think moving everything to Montreal and closing Vancouver has hampered them over the years.  There are double the amount of K1 being processed by a single consulate. But that doesn't explain how this year they've slowed down from 2 months from CC to interview to 6 months!  I dunno what's the issue unless the move was more difficult than we think and they're having a hard time with backlog (like most government entities.) 

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Timeline
23 hours ago, NikLR said:

Montreal used to be quick with interviews.  I think moving everything to Montreal and closing Vancouver has hampered them over the years.  There are double the amount of K1 being processed by a single consulate. But that doesn't explain how this year they've slowed down from 2 months from CC to interview to 6 months!  I dunno what's the issue unless the move was more difficult than we think and they're having a hard time with backlog (like most government entities.) 

I read an article that trump has made changes that doubled processing times. Almost half the amount of visas granted now in a year. Not sure if that's why. I am sure the move has had to have slowed things down. Moving a consulate can't be a small job. Unfortunately all we can do is wait. 6 months and counting for me.

Edited by MovingToFlorida

Filed: FB-3 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hello I am also F3 DQ dec/10/2019 and PD is July2009

I am not really understanding how they schedule interview, because I was in impression that if your PD is current your cat doesn't matter

for scheduling its first in first out

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.